Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jalen McMillan, 2020 4* WR, Fresno (San Joaquin), CA (COMMITTED!)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Gladstone said:

I gave @Doogles shit for saying Huard was the most important recruit in our history. But he made a great point and we’re already seeing the early fruits of that. A 2021 QB recruiting 2020 WR is unprecedented. On a macro level having a surefire homegrown superstar already committed, who isn’t going to succumb to WA 5 star sickness we’ve seen over the years from so many, is a total game changer.

Hyped.

QBs are the most important players on the field ... and the most important recruits

Case closed.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

I gave @Doogles shit for saying Huard was the most important recruit in our history. But he made a great point and we’re already seeing the early fruits of that. A 2021 QB recruiting 2020 WR is unprecedented. On a macro level having a surefire homegrown superstar already committed, who isn’t going to succumb to WA 5 star sickness we’ve seen over the years from so many, is a total game changer.

Hyped.

Agreed. And it works because Jalen will possibly be a RS with all the WR talent that has come in the last two years, but will be ready to light it up the following year when Huard steps into the starting role as a true frosh.

These two are going to break records together.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Beno4Life said:

WE JUST GOT JALEN FUCKING MCMILLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He’s the highest-ranked recruit in the Pete era. Who gives a flying fuck about defensive recruits and Dennis’ hot take from January on the fired Western Kentucky OC and former App St WR coach?

LET’S DOOG IT UP FOR ONCE IN THIS 2020 CLASS!

Huard is #1.
    Jake Browning is ranked higher than Faatui Tuitele.
    Jake Browning was a QB who in high school played with a coach who 3 years later was a D1 OC and thus broke all the records that gave him the attention WC recruits typically fail to receive. It's rare that HS quarterbacks get that level of coaching/scheme and so of course Browning stood out. He should have been ranked really high.

Faatui Tuitele is a DT from Hawai'i who had brutal upper body injuries his last 2 high school seasons, and didn't even play on the continental US.

The fact that Tuitele is ranked above a low 3 star really speaks to his talent, ability and drive. To be fair, he played for a powerhouse, but the point still stands. This is a really stupid argument.

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,415
    Founders Club

Beno4Life said:

WE JUST GOT JALEN FUCKING MCMILLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He’s the highest-ranked recruit in the Pete era. Who gives a flying fuck about defensive recruits and Dennis’ hot take from January on the fired Western Kentucky OC and former App St WR coach?

Huard is #1.
    Jake Browning was a QB who in high school played with a coach who 3 years later was a D1 OC and thus broke all the records that gave him the attention WC recruits typically fail to receive. It's rare that HS quarterbacks get that level of coaching/scheme and so of course Browning stood out. He should have been ranked really high.

Faatui Tuitele is a DT from Hawai'i who had brutal upper body injuries his last 2 high school seasons, and didn't even play on the continental US.

The fact that Tuitele is ranked above a low 3 star really speaks to his talent, ability and drive. To be fair, he played for a powerhouse, but the point still stands. This is a really stupid argument.

What argument?
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255

Beno4Life said:

Huard is #1.

What argument?
    Point, argument, whatever. It's less of me being annoyed by LMC and more pointing out how silly that ranking is.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I hate when the board parrots DDY, but he gives his opinion on everything. Some of them are going to be wrong. What about all the times he’s right?

EXACTLY.
    You really have DEEP support from the Asian community it appears.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Beno4Life said:

Huard is #1.

This might be the dumbest poast in HH history.

All you have to do is turn on Faatui’s hudl.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Beno4Life said:

Huard is #1.

This might be the dumbest poast in HH history.

All you have to do is turn on Faatui’s hudl.
    He's just saying in terms of the recruiting services Jake Browning had way more advantages than Tuitele, it shouldn't be surprising he was ranked higher
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

dawgs206 said:

Remember when BDTW told us Junior sucked and we should have hired Skyler Fulton instead?

The same was said about the Huff hire. Two of our best recruiters on staff right away. Not even Malloe could recruit on this level out of the gates.
    That's right. They wanted us to hire Klayton Adams from CU instead. He appears to have gone the Chris Strausser route and is currently an assistant OL coach in the NFL.

love the TSIO guys but they should stick to TBSing instead of recommending coaching hires.
    Recommending coaching hires is fine, they have knowledge and do their research so I trust them on that end. Hating a coach just because he wasn't on the list is ridiculous though, especially without even 1 full recruiting cycle.
    I for one can't handle the ups and downs of assistant coach search speculation. I'll never forget the time I sauntered into the official Scott Huff hire announcement thread and @Dennis_DeYoung called me a "FAGGOT" for suggesting that perhaps his being white and liking Metallica wasn't enough evidence to suggest that he would fail in recruiting.
    I don't want to intrude , but have you tried stepping away from the keyboard for a while and taking a long walk to gain some perspective?

A very wise alcoholic midget once gifted me with that advise.