Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jalen McMillan, 2020 4* WR, Fresno (San Joaquin), CA (COMMITTED!)

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited June 2019

Gladstone said:

Just listened to a 247 recruiting podcast w/ Biggins/Wiltfong and Charles Power. Wiltfong says he likes Jalen to UW right now even though he has a cloudy CB for him. Acknowledges he is taking a multi day visit to UW soon. Also said UW is trending like Clemson in their early run and sees 13-14 win seasons in the near future. Cites the QB and DL room. Charles Power sees UW as the West Coast version of Clemson. He thinks this because of the selective offers and the staff continuity. Says Lake is the best at developing DB's in the country. Overall the national guys are showing UW some serious love.

would you mind sharing the link to the podcast?

They start talking about it the last 20 min or so.
    You led me on a wild goose chase. Hot Dawg talk starts with 47:43 left. I know it's hard. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,538
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Just listened to a 247 recruiting podcast w/ Biggins/Wiltfong and Charles Power. Wiltfong says he likes Jalen to UW right now even though he has a cloudy CB for him. Acknowledges he is taking a multi day visit to UW soon. Also said UW is trending like Clemson in their early run and sees 13-14 win seasons in the near future. Cites the QB and DL room. Charles Power sees UW as the West Coast version of Clemson. He thinks this because of the selective offers and the staff continuity. Says Lake is the best at developing DB's in the country. Overall the national guys are showing UW some serious love.

You led me on a wild goose chase. Hot Dawg talk starts with 47:43 left. I know it's hard. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    How do you fast forward to get to the hawt Dawg talk?
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

How do you fast forward to get to the hawt Dawg talk?
    I had to download iTunes to listen and fast-forward.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Welcome to my analysts from back in February:

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/56790/acc-west/p1

Which stemmed from my analysis immediately after our? Rose Bowl loss:

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/55487/where-exactly-are-we-headed-a-response/p1

What I mean to say is.....

Quite plagiarism my shit 247 fuckos!!!!!!!
    They were stemming
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

He’s coming to UW and we will get Johnny too hth.

I'm not in the "Johnny Wilson is bad and we stopped recruiting him" group with Ballz, but man do I love some Rome Odunze.
    I have been on the Gary Bryant bandwagon. Since we are losing 4 midgets this year, might as well replace them with an elite one.
    I want GBJ for one reason and one reason only, a shot at Korey Foreman. If not for JT, Korey would be all we’d be talking about in 2021. Banks, Foreman, Tuimoloau and hope Savell gets bored of the shtick to realize how good our class still is with Banks, McMillan, Adams, Hatchett, Wilson, Redman, Esteen, Covington.

Two pass rushers from LA and two pass rushers from Seattle shouldn’t be hard for a team coming of 3 straight NY6 with USC down. But with our DT’s and Danny Hammer, those 4 make the best defensive front ever let alone the perfect mix of poly and fast twitch. You just don’t get opportunities like this so perfectly gift wrapped and that doesn’t even mention Eason, Sirmon, Huard and the talent coming in on offense.
    No love for RR? I like RR better than Hatchett!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    The fact that he's coming up for an unofficial is pretty big
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He's gonna commit.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996

He's gonna commit.

He doesn’t seem that close to committing to me, what makes you think this?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I fucking love Puka.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Biggins on Jalen’s unofficial visit this weekend:

It's very good timing to get McMillan up for a visit. He just visited USC last week and they made a pretty big impression. Washington is a school I've always felt was on his short list but it has been awhile since Jalen has been on campus so getting him on campus right before the dead period and making a good impression is big. He has fall official visits set with OU and Notre Dame but also told me he could see himself committing end of the summer if he feels good about a school.

It’s almost like getting recruits on campus as much as possible before their official visits is super important in order to sustain interest. It also seems like timing of those visits is super important too. Man, what a concept.
    This is important to keep in mind when talking about recruits that aren't local ...

Coming up to Seattle isn't necessarily cheap so you have to be strategic to a degree on when you try to align the visit to maximize.

Going back 6 weeks or so to the end of Spring Ball, there was a lot of complaining about the work that we were doing and how engaged we were with players. Other programs finished up earlier and took their shot while we were engaged in making our existing players better. It was advantageous to those schools.

Now, those schools have put their best forward and we're in a position to leave a lasting impression.

I know it's easy to say more, more, and more. But there is a saturation point as well.

There's a really good chance that we end up heading into summer with some good momentum and setting ourselves up for a really good run to the December early finish line. Obviously Jalen is tremendously important to this class.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    tvoie said:

He's gonna commit.

He doesn’t seem that close to committing to me, what makes you think this?
    Instagram bullshit if I'm being honest.