Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show your support for what this community means to you:

Choose a Donation Amount
Username (required for credit)

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. If you dare criticize Jimmy Lake, you won't last long.

Taj Davis, 2019 3* WR, Upland (HS), CA (COMMITED)

Comments

• He's fucking amazing nonetheless. Heaps would have been good if his parents weren't overbearing fuckheads. Morris has the tools we will see if he has the football mind. I like him.

What exactly do you mean by that? Without any personal knowledge just hearsay from afar, I always kind of got the sense that his parents put so much pressure on him and he was so serious all the time, he couldn't loose and have fun in that environment. He was named best hs quarterback in the nation for a reason. And he didn't just lose skill. You could tell he was thinking too much and never played loose or as if he was enjoying himself. He was in his own head. And I've always deduced his hovering parents were too.
    He could not throw with touch when I watched him. Had zero charisma or leadership skills and was very unathletic. He just wasn't that good. It showed at 3 separate colleges. Evaluations are wrong sometimes from high school and that was one of the worst years for qbs if I remember.

He's fucking amazing nonetheless. Heaps would have been good if his parents weren't overbearing fuckheads. Morris has the tools we will see if he has the football mind. I like him.

What exactly do you mean by that? Without any personal knowledge just hearsay from afar, I always kind of got the sense that his parents put so much pressure on him and he was so serious all the time, he couldn't loose and have fun in that environment. He was named best hs quarterback in the nation for a reason. And he didn't just lose skill. You could tell he was thinking too much and never played loose or as if he was enjoying himself. He was in his own head. And I've always deduced his hovering parents were too.
    He could not throw with touch when I watched him. Had zero charisma or leadership skills and was very unathletic. He just wasn't that good. It showed at 3 separate colleges. Evaluations are wrong sometimes from high school and that was one of the worst years for qbs if I remember.
    I remember the skyline oaks Christian Super showdown. What a bunch of duds.
    Out of all of the high profile recruits in that game, only Cassius Marsh and Kasen really went on to do anything. A poor showing from the rich whites.
    AtomicDawgEsophagealFecesbackthepackDennis_DeYoung
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Posts: 2,265
    250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes 1000 Comments

USC writer continuing to respect our recruiting targets:

They respect us
    guntloveGrundleStiltzkinRubberfist
  • USC writer continuing to respect our recruiting targets:

They are so classy they should be writing for Nebrasks
    backthepack
  • USC writer continuing to respect our recruiting targets:

6 for 105 and a score.
    KevininTacoma
  • This kid is the best blocker I've seen as a WR recruit since I started following recruiting. Yes, it matters. We do a lot of perimeter stuff in this offense and a WR block could be the difference between a first down and a punt or the difference between an explosive play that's stopped and a TD. His blocking to go along with his receiving skills and punt returning skills make him a coach's wet dream. He's a bigger, more physical version of Dante Pettis.
  • FirePeteFirePete Posts: 11,159
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes

This kid is the best blocker I've seen as a WR recruit since I started following recruiting. Yes, it matters. We do a lot of perimeter stuff in this offense and a WR block could be the difference between a first down and a punt or the difference between an explosive play that's stopped and a TD. His blocking to go along with his receiving skills and punt returning skills make him a coach's wet dream. He's a bigger, more physical version of Dante Pettis.

Dude, cook blocking tape was pretty boner worty
  • This kid is the best blocker I've seen as a WR recruit since I started following recruiting. Yes, it matters. We do a lot of perimeter stuff in this offense and a WR block could be the difference between a first down and a punt or the difference between an explosive play that's stopped and a TD. His blocking to go along with his receiving skills and punt returning skills make him a coach's wet dream. He's a bigger, more physical version of Dante Pettis.

wut

I think you're thinking of his safety film. He didn't have blocking highlights like Davis does.
  • NurpleNurple Posts: 641
    250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Comments 250 Up Votes
    Confirmed Davis doesn't like L's. Seems like an OKG to me.
    Dennis_DeYoung
  • Let me know when USC or UCLA offers him.
  • Let me know when USC or UCLA offers him.

They already took Bru, & Kyle Ford from us.... SO OF COURSE WE WILL GET JOHNNY NANSEN’ED USC WILL SIGN TAJ
    Dennis_DeYoung