Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Taj Davis, 2019 3* WR, Upland (HS), CA (COMMITED)

Comments

• Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

He’s really good, super happy with this one. I’m excited to see his senior film. I’ve seen others say it but he reminds me a lot of Kevin Smith; real physical, good speed. He’ll fit in well in outback offense.

I just watched the first five minutes of his highlights. I like him a lot too. Not the polished receiver that Spiker or Osborne is, but he has a stout frame and is plenty explosive. I think the Kevin Smith comparison is a good one. I'd even say his film reminds me a little of Dwayne Washington's from Gahr.

Definitely a couple notches up from guys like Fuller, Boticelli, and Pounds as a WR prospect. And infinite notches up from Chincredible.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    There are guys on our roster that will be WRs in the NFL but it’s going to underclass players
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    BaldwinIV said:

Roof and Grinolds are the UW paid recruiting heads. If that isn't a market ripe for disruption I don't know what is.

It’s called Twitter.
  • Options

AIRWOLF said:

He’s really good, super happy with this one. I’m excited to see his senior film. I’ve seen others say it but he reminds me a lot of Kevin Smith; real physical, good speed. He’ll fit in well in outback offense.

I just watched the first five minutes of his highlights. I like him a lot too. Not the polished receiver that Spiker or Osborne is, but he has a stout frame and is plenty explosive. I think the Kevin Smith comparison is a good one. I'd even say his film reminds me a little of Dwayne Washington's from Gahr.

Definitely a couple notches up from guys like Fuller, Boticelli, and Pounds as a WR prospect. And infinite notches up from Chincredible.
    He looked better on film with the ball in his hands than Osbourne and Spiker. They are different players. Davis has a high upside.
    Totally agree. And he looks more natural catching the ball than Smith or Washington did in HS. But he is raw in terms of route running and stuff like that. But that's what coaching is for.
  • Options

AIRWOLF said:

He looked better on film with the ball in his hands than Osbourne and Spiker. They are different players. Davis has a high upside.
    That’s why I like him so much too. He’s way different from those guys, he’d be a great asset with them. All different players but he brings some serious physicality and will only get stronger. He has that Dawg in him.
    Like McClutchins, minus his copious helpings of dwarfism.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Fuck Ruth

bump
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I generally don't like south-paws QB'S, but the lefty QB throwing to him in the vids can really flick it. Anyone know the word on that kid?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2018

I generally don't like south-paws QB'S, but the lefty QB throwing to him in the vids can really flick it. Anyone know the word on that kid?

I didn’t notice it as much as Spiker’s QB, but he did throw a good ball.

Edit: Here is the answer. Kid has a bunch of offers. He’s going to IMG now.

https://247sports.com/Player/David-Baldwin-93015
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2018
    He is great at extending plays. Terrific size for the position too. He would be an ideal QB for UCLA if Jayden Daniels doesn't sign there.

http://www.hudl.com/v/28G6jm
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2018

My year working in Upland was not wasted

Was that, by any chance, about 18 years ago?

Asking for a fren.