Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Taj Davis, 2019 3* WR, Upland (HS), CA (COMMITED)

Comments

• AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Rumor Race Bannon and Tom Joad are the same person: confirmed.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AIRWOLF said:

Rumor Race Bannon and Tom Joad are the same person: confirmed.
    I have it on good authority Race did spend some years in Oklahoma
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Too drunk can't format
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AIRWOLF said:

pat_hm said:

The best part of his game is his strength. He’s difficult to take down and operates well in tight spaces. He also finishes and never goes out of bounds. I love that punt return when he gets hit early. He doesn’t quite have the twitchy feet of Pettis but has similar explosion and can separate when he needs to. His versatility certainly has a home in our WR room and skill set gives us a unique chess piece to create mismatches. You can move him around from the backfield to the X receiver to the slot.

He reminds me a bit of a poor mans Oklahoma State Dez in that he does a little bit of everything for his offense and plays physical. I like Deyoungs Mike Thomas comparison. Stevie Johnson comes to mind as well. Not a speed guy but has football speed. Really like this kid plus establishing a presence in Upland & the Inland Empire is important for the future. I can’t wait to watch him posterize Criddell as a redshirt sophomore. Great get.

Physically he reminds me more of another Okie State WR: James Washington. They are built the same and show similar strength to run through tackles. Think Washington is shiftier though.

Obviously if Davis ends up being even 75% as good as Washington that would be amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifyOARD_i8o
    That’s a great comparable. Something made me think Oklahoma State when watching his film last night. Not quite Justin Blackmon but very physical like their receivers have been the last few years.

Another thought w/ the Stevie Johnson/Kevin Smith comparisons is both were really good basketball players prior to their football career. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if Taj is a hooper.
    elord821 said:

pat_hm said:

AIRWOLF said:

pat_hm said:

The best part of his game is his strength. He’s difficult to take down and operates well in tight spaces. He also finishes and never goes out of bounds. I love that punt return when he gets hit early. He doesn’t quite have the twitchy feet of Pettis but has similar explosion and can separate when he needs to. His versatility certainly has a home in our WR room and skill set gives us a unique chess piece to create mismatches. You can move him around from the backfield to the X receiver to the slot.

He reminds me a bit of a poor mans Oklahoma State Dez in that he does a little bit of everything for his offense and plays physical. I like Deyoungs Mike Thomas comparison. Stevie Johnson comes to mind as well. Not a speed guy but has football speed. Really like this kid plus establishing a presence in Upland & the Inland Empire is important for the future. I can’t wait to watch him posterize Criddell as a redshirt sophomore. Great get.

Physically he reminds me more of another Okie State WR: James Washington. They are built the same and show similar strength to run through tackles. Think Washington is shiftier though.

Obviously if Davis ends up being even 75% as good as Washington that would be amazing.

That’s a great comparable. Something made me think Oklahoma State when watching his film last night. Not quite Justin Blackmon but very physical like their receivers have been the last few years.

Another thought w/ the Stevie Johnson/Kevin Smith comparisons is both were really good basketball players prior to their football career. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if Taj is a hooper.
    He was one of the most talented WRs I've ever seen. Without the DUIs, he would've been a perennial pro-bowler.
    I know man. Such a shame. The Jags completely botched him. Never gave him the help he needed. I always thought he was better than Dez coming out of Okie st. He made Brandon Weeden a lot of $$.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    pat_hm said:

elord821 said:

pat_hm said:

AIRWOLF said:

pat_hm said:

He was one of the most talented WRs I've ever seen. Without the DUIs, he would've been a perennial pro-bowler.
    I know man. Such a shame. The Jags completely botched him. Never gave him the help he needed. I always thought he was better than Dez coming out of Okie st. He made Brandon Weeden a lot of $$.
    Blackmon was an alcoholic before the Jags drafted him. Not sure I'd put the blame on them for his problems. It's a sad story though.

pat_hm said:

elord821 said:

pat_hm said:

AIRWOLF said:

pat_hm said:

Blackmon was an alcoholic before the Jags drafted him. Not sure I'd put the blame on them for his problems. It's a sad story though.
    Well he must have masked it pretty well in college because he was super productive at OSU. I highly doubt the Jags were in the dark regarding his alcohol problems. There has to be some personal accountability as well. I loved how he played the game and it’s sad he never reached his full potential.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Just watched his hudl. Came.

Thrice.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Mike Thomas shit all over us. He also has 130 yards receiving in two seasons with the Rams.

My main takeaway from this poast is I'm so glad we no longer have guys like Brian clay getting significant PT.
    Half his fucking highlights were against us. Fucking Brian Clay.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5hq-x4_5UA