Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

[official] NFL Draft GAME THREAD

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Chris whatever his name is and Mike Davis were fucking fine at running back.

The RB the Seahawks drafted is a good player but we need fucking lineman. They shouldve traded up to draft Vea and made him a guard. Makes more sense
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Chris whatever his name is and Mike Davis were fucking fine at running back.

The RB the Seahawks drafted is a good player but we need fucking lineman. They shouldve traded up to draft Vea and made him a guard. Makes more sense

Exactly. Look at Alex Collins getting cut and then having immediate success in Baltimore. If they wanted to focus on the run game I don't blame them, but the pick needed to be a left guard in that case. Hernandez and Williams were both on the board.

Penny is fine. I had him as the #4 RB in this class. I think he's at least in discussion for the #2 RB with Guice and Chubb. I don't see how he's markedly better though, at least not to the point of being worth a first rounder.

The Seahawks haven't had a good draft since 2012. I don't think they've even had an okay one since then. They've been coasting since those great 2010-12 classes. Those guys are being phased out now and there's hardly anybody to replace them.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2018
    Sony Michel was the most impressive running back I saw last year. Nothing against Penny, but the fuck?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Penny's really fucking good. But fuck they needed an edge, a G (understand this one becuz Wil Hernadez is meh), or a DT ( no one there).

I would have gone Harold Landry personally but I understand the pick.
  • Options

Penny's really fucking good. But fuck they needed an edge, a G (understand this one becuz Wil Hernadez is meh), or a DT ( no one there).

You. Me. 7-11 parking lot. Right now.
  • Options

Arms too short and he tends to lean against good comp.
  • Options

Arms too short and he tends to lean against good comp.
    Arms are shorter than ideal, but he's not a tackle. Worst case you play him at center, but I don't think his arms are too short to be a guard.

He absolutely does not lean. He keeps a flat back and never lunges in pass pro. Only time I've seen him lunge is on second level blocks against much faster players, and that will happen to any offensive lineman.

I'll give you the arm length, but Hernandez has elite body control. No fucking clue what you're talking about here.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    It's not that Penny is a bad RB, he's actually my top back after Barkley in the draft. He's damn good, for a RB.

It's that drafting a RB in the first round just demonstrates they still have no clue how they dug this hole and no clue how to get out of it. RB isn't completely worthless but it's easily the least valuable position, especially if the RB in question doesn't excel as a receiver.

They got better with Penny but only marginally so. Much bigger impact could have been made at damn near every other non QB position.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

It's not that Penny is a bad RB, he's actually my top back after Barkley in the draft. He's damn good, for a RB.

It's that drafting a RB in the first round just demonstrates they still have no clue how they dug this hole and no clue how to get out of it. RB isn't completely worthless but it's easily the least valuable position, especially if the RB in question doesn't excel as a receiver.

They got better with Penny but only marginally so. Much bigger impact could have been made at damn near every other non QB position.

Still better than being the Raiders and letting Cable convince you to draft another o-lineman to ruin...
  • Options

dnc said:

Still better than being the Raiders and letting Cable convince you to draft another o-lineman to ruin...
    Finally getting free from Cable is the one reason for optimism this offseason has given us(?).
  • Options
    dnc said:

Disagree. Look at the impact Gurley and Fournette had for their teams. I think it depends on what you are trying to do offensively. Pete wants to run the ball.

I'd still rather have Landry though.
  • Options

dnc said:

Disagree. Look at the impact Gurley and Fournette had for their teams. I think it depends on what you are trying to do offensively. Pete wants to run the ball.

Fournette had no impact. They rana the ball no better with Fournette than they ran it without him. The rest of the team got better, their surgance had shit to do with Fournette.

It took three years before the Rams did shit with Gurley, and it was McVay who made the impact, not Gurley.

And I like Penny but he's not Todd Gurley. He might be as good as Fournette, who isn't special.
  • Options

dnc said:

Gurley had a whopping 3.2 YPC in his second year when -GASP!- they had no O-line. Then he was amazing last year after they kicked that worthless scrub Greg Robinson to the curb, and signed Whitworth and Sullivan.

So yeah, Gurley is amazing, but he still couldn't do shit when his left tackle was tripping over his own dick every single play. Goes to show you what competent blocking can do for a rushing offense.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Penny's really fucking good. Butt fuck they needed an edge, a G (understand this one becuz Wil Hernadez is meh), or a DT ( no one there).

College kids, always wanting to put it in the butt.

Amirite?
  • Options

dnc said:

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    edited April 2018

WOOD!

Gerald McCoy and Vita Vea together shall make many an orgasm in Tampa.

Also, good on Henry Roberts for not just giving up football right then and there.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pettis at #44. Impressed. Peterson's transition class keeps kicking ass.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Pettit was really undrrrated by draft analysts but not by the actual draft. Really happy for him. And @CFetters_Nacho_Lover

he must have had a good private workout, caz we all know he is solid fucking player and great productions even with terrible qb