Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

[official] NFL Draft GAME THREAD

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Hawks get Rasheem Green with second pick (third round). Much better selection.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Hawks get Rasheem Green with second pick (third round). Much better selection.

Really good pick.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

It's not that Penny is a bad RB, he's actually my top back after Barkley in the draft. He's damn good, for a RB.

It's that drafting a RB in the first round just demonstrates they still have no clue how they dug this hole and no clue how to get out of it. RB isn't completely worthless but it's easily the least valuable position, especially if the RB in question doesn't excel as a receiver.

They got better with Penny but only marginally so. Much bigger impact could have been made at damn near every other non QB position.

Disagree. Look at the impact Gurley and Fournette had for their teams. I think it depends on what you are trying to do offensively. Pete wants to run the ball.

I'd still rather have Landry though.
    Barry Sanders couldn’t run behind that line.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2018
    Pettis’ Skills wont transfer to the NFL. You heard it here first. Not strong enough and not a good enough route runner. He did most of his damage against PAC 12 special Olympic secondaries on post routes. He had a ton of room to operate due to the Safeties having to respect Gaskin and Coleman. He won’t have any of those luxuries in SF.

He had 1 catch in the Fiesta Bowl.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,496
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

Pettis’ Skills wont transfer to the NFL. You heard it here first. Not strong enough and not a good enough route runner. He did most of his damage against PAC 12 special Olympic secondaries on post routes. He had a ton of room to operate due to the Safeties having to respect Gaskin and Coleman. He won’t have any of those luxuries in SF.

You do realize he was playing on a bad wheel in the bowl game and had a retard throwing to him, right?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

The draft is the fucking worst. Not because of the actual draft itself, but all the stupid fucking armchair retards who go cut from the 8th grade team come out in full force. "His lateral movement makes him a 5 tech but his burst and inside swim can make him a 3 tech or slide him outside and then he becomes tech 9"

God shut the fuck up. One Hugh Millen is bad enough we don't need everyone who doesn't have a clue about football turning into one.

I chuckled into my coffee when reading this. You are added to my "white people to not have killed when I become dictator" list.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

feel free to watch some highlight tapes and you'll see that the reason he has room to operate is because he can draw the defender the wrong direction and off balance with his route running and then he's open.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,112

The draft is the fucking worst. Not because of the actual draft itself, but all the stupid fucking armchair retards who go cut from the 8th grade team come out in full force. "His lateral movement makes him a 5 tech but his burst and inside swim can make him a 3 tech or slide him outside and then he becomes tech 9"

God shut the fuck up. One Hugh Millen is bad enough we don't need everyone who doesn't have a clue about football turning into one.

LOL’d at “tech 9”
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,585
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    MelloDawg said:

LOL’d at “tech 9”
    Tech

You're not making any sense
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I chuckled into my coffee when reading this. You are added to my "white people to not have killed when I become dictator" list.
    *Goes to find more metal videos to post.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

#OurDissly! Welcome to 12 Nation!!1!

I take back everything negative I said yesterday. Seahawks are the best franchise on the planet.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The Dissly pick is great for them. Love the pick. If they take Shaq Griffin I will be so happy.
  • Options

The Dissly pick is great for them. Love the pick. If they take Shaq Griffin I will be so happy.

You don't make a pick based on a stupid feel-good story. Shaquem Griffin sucks. Drafting him is like handing a scholarship to Myles Bryant. Who would do something like that?
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

You don't make a pick based on a stupid feel-good story. Shaquem Griffin sucks. Drafting him is like handing a scholarship to Myles Bryant. Who would do something like that?
    Griffin ran a 4.38 with 20 reps at 6'0, 227. Plus he dominated at UCF. Huh?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

I’m in between. Pettis is kind of soft, but he is going to a well coached offense with a good (maybe great) QB.
  • Options

He was a 6' 225 lbs edge rusher. He either has to learn a completely new position or just be a special teams guy. Also, I don't know if you've heard this, but he's missing a hand. Not quite as important, but still not a huge plus.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

He was a 6' 225 lbs edge rusher. He either has to learn a completely new position or just be a special teams guy. Also, I don't know if you've heard this, but he's missing a hand. Not quite as important, but still not a huge plus.
    Learning a new position isn’t so tough when you run a 4.38.

He’s a football player. The Hawks have a million 5th round picks. If he makes it to them they should take him.