Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA Playoff Megathread

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2018
    BaldwinIV said:

yes lebron is primarily responsible for the make up of the team

but you cant scratch two sticks together and make gold. kyrie irving left and in return they got an average point guard, a bench player, and a complete nothing. its widely reported lebron wanted the cavs to trade their pick for deandre

and this is all besides the point. lebron literally had one of the best seasons in history, in any context, and given what i listed many still believe he needed an excuse for getting swept in the finals lmfao

it is literally 4 hall of famers against lebron, the magically disappearing and randomly appearing kevin love, and the nba's version of a YMCA team. why the fuck would lebron need an excuse? it's clear to virtually everyone he's the best player on the planet for simply making the finals

some of ya'll should just admit you hate him because you're MJ fans and feel threatened

I hate MJ
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

BaldwinIV said:

but you cant scratch two sticks together and make gold. kyrie irving left and in return they got an average point guard, a bench player, and a complete nothing. its widely reported lebron wanted the cavs to trade their pick for deandre

and this is all besides the point. lebron literally had one of the best seasons in history, in any context, and given what i listed many still believe he needed an excuse for getting swept in the finals lmfao

it is literally 4 hall of famers against lebron, the magically disappearing and randomly appearing kevin love, and the nba's version of a YMCA team. why the fuck would lebron need an excuse? it's clear to virtually everyone he's the best player on the planet for simply making the finals

some of ya'll should just admit you hate him because you're MJ fans and feel threatened

I hate MJ
    Agree.

For fuck's sake I'm a fucking Lakers fan. I grew up absolutely hating MJ. He's still the all tim best though. I 100% hoped Kobe would manage to surpass his ass. He didn't. Neither has Lebron.

Some of you just need to admit you've been on the Lebron = Goat narrative since before he ever earned it on the court.

I'll still be enthusiastic as fuck if he comes to LA with at least one other major free agent.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

BaldwinIV said:

I hate MJ
    Agree.

For fuck's sake I'm a fucking Lakers fan. I grew up absolutely hating MJ. He's still the all tim best though. I 100% hoped Kobe would manage to surpass his ass. He didn't. Neither has Lebron.

Some of you just need to admit you've been on the Lebron = Goat narrative since before he ever earned it on the court.

I'll still be enthusiastic as fuck if he comes to LA with at least one other major free agent.
    I wasn't on the LeBron GOAT narrative before he beat GS in the finals. I hated him for a long time, but at a certain point it was undeniable.

Then you add in his next two years and predict the future. He's the best.

MJ had a lot more charisma and won more titles. There really wasn't one thing he did better than LeBron on the court.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

dnc said:

BaldwinIV said:

I hate MJ
    Agree.

I wasn't on the LeBron GOAT narrative before he beat GS in the finals. I hated him for a long time, but at a certain point it was undeniable.

MJ had a lot more charisma and won more titles. There really wasn't one thing he did better than LeBron on the court.
    Let’s see ... what did MJ do better than LBJ

Scored better

Better defender

Better competitive streak

And yeah, that winning thing kinda matters
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

BaldwinIV said:

I hate MJ
    Agree.

Scored better

Better defender

Not a better defender. LeBron was the best defender in the league for awhile. Not a better scorer, especially as they got older. LeBron is more efficient as well.

Equal shooters. LeBron has gotten much better. LeBron is a better passer and rebounder.

I'll give you competive streak, although LeBron has put the Cavs on his back every year he's been with them.

LeBron's main fault is he's a drama queen. A lot of the dissension and turmoil could be avoided if he wasn't a passive aggressive pussy at times. Part of that is the twitter/hot take media.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

BaldwinIV said:

I hate MJ
    Agree.

Scored better

Better defender

Not a better defender. LeBron was the best defender in the league for awhile. Not a better scorer, especially as they got older. LeBron is more efficient as well.

Equal shooters. LeBron has gotten much better. LeBron is a better passer and rebounder.

I'll give you competive streak, although LeBron has put the Cavs on his back every year he's been with them.

LeBron's main fault is he's a drama queen. A lot of the dissension and turmoil could be avoided if he wasn't a passive aggressive pussy at times. Part of that is the twitter/hot take media.
    Yeah, LeBron's actually a significantly better shooter. Jordan's effective shooting percentage was .509, Bron's is .540. Of course Jordan's got the two past his prime Washington years dragging his numbers down but even without them Bron had the edge.

Agree about Bron's biggest fault.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,459
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jordan if he came out in 2018 === Westbrook on some other team bowing out in the 1st/2nd round.

He was the best player on a truly great team. People forget that.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Jordan was a better scorer. Part of that is Lebron is a much better passer.

The competitive thing is hanging on to an old narrative. Lebron put together the greatest game ever played down 3-2 to Boston with the entire Heat future on the line. Popovich basically challenged his manhood in their first Finals and Lebron responded. Pop even said to him after game game 7 something to the effect of “you won because you played like Lebron James”. The first Finals against Golden State he tried to backpack the Cavs and then down 3-1 the next year he had 3 straight amazing games. He carried a team that would win 20 games without him to the Finals and then should have won game 1 against the most talented team ever but his 20 win retard teammates let him down. Lebron has had questionable moments but most of them are far in the past.

Lebron has fallen off as a defender. I don’t think he’s been a great defender since he was on the Heat. MJ mainted the high level defense but this league is much harder to play on both ends. At their peaks Lebron gets a slight edge because of his size. In NBA history who couldn’t Lebron guard? Shaq? Anyone else?

I’m not going to say winning doesn’t matter but Jesus look at who Lebron has beaten in the Finals.
    Durant
    Westbrook
    Harden
    Duncan
    Parker
    Ginobili
    Kawhi
    Curry
    Thompson
    Draymond
    Iguodala

That’s the next 25 years of hall of fame inductions.

The difference in championships is beating a washed Magic and Stockton, Malone twice. What are the other titles? Drexler? The fucking Sonics? And Jordan never had to play a ranked Oregon State.
  • Options
    haie said:

Jordan if he came out in 2018 === Westbrook on some other team bowing out in the 1st/2nd round.

The Warriors are a truly great team. The Bulls without Jordan were very good, but not great. He definitely had a lot of help but he's the reason those teams were "truly great".
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,459
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

haie said:

The Warriors are a truly great team. The Bulls without Jordan were very good, but not great. He definitely had a lot of help but he's the reason those teams were "truly great".
    Not saying they were winning rings without him.

But he wasn’t carrying this shit team to titles. They were insanely well built.

Lebron has been carrying mediocre-shit teams for a long time. Absolutely no depth on any of them
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Here's the deal. Take LeBron off the Cavs and they're a 20 win team.

Take MJ off the Bulls for allegedly gambling and the Bulls still came within a game of the ECF.

Jordan had an incredible team around him and the GOAT coach.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

haie said:

Pippen was legitimately the 2nd best wing after Jordan. He was a great defender and a great secondary playmaker. There wasn't any swing man better than him after Jordan. He didn't win the MVP when Jordan first retired, but he was an All NBA guy.
  • Options

Take MJ off the Bulls for allegedly gambling and the Bulls still came within a game of the ECF.

This is all basically true.

Also true that the Bulls won 13 games after Jordan retired the other time.

Like I already acknowledged they were a very good team around him, much better than most LeBron has played with.

They weren't great without him.
  • Options

dnc said:

haie said:

Pippen was legitimately the 2nd best wing after Jordan. He was a great defender and a great secondary playmaker. There wasn't any swing man better than him after Jordan. He didn't win the MVP when Jordan first retired, but he was an All NBA guy.
    I would have taken Penny over him until Penny got hurt, but yeah Pippen was damn good.

There wasn't really much else about that team that was special though (until they added Rodman).

And Phil is overfuckingrated.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

I would have taken Penny over him until Penny got hurt, but yeah Pippen was damn good.

There wasn't really much else about that team that was special though (until they added Rodman).

And Phil is overfuckingrated.
    Agree about Phil. Can't argue the winning tho. He gets acknowledgement for his titles.

Penny over Pippen? Penny was more exciting but he had Shaq. He never won 57 with Tony Kukoc and Horace Grant as the next two best players.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Thank you for the laughs ... some of you are the definition of fucktarded

Win ... nothing else matters ... unless we are talking about LBJ ... then all is forgiven and he’s the GOAT

The whole LBJ is a better defender than MJ line ... some of you need need to forget about the lube and just straight go raw dog with LBJ’s dick in your asses
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Win ... nothing else matters ... unless we are talking about LBJ ... then all is forgiven and he’s the GOAT

The whole LBJ is a better defender than MJ line ... some of you need need to forget about the lube and just straight go raw dog with LBJ’s dick in your asses

Dude, LeBron could shut down players MJ couldn't check, that's just a fact.

I think MJ had more consistent defense throughout his career, but peak LeBron d > peak MJ d
  • Options
    HorrifyinglyAlluringHorrifyinglyAlluring Member Posts: 102
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    Why do I have to remind people that during the 8 Finals streak, LeBron has 3 rings and 3 MVPs, has beaten a 73-9 Warriors team during their 4 straight run, and beaten KD while he was with OKC?

The media are a bunch of liars. They have created this false narrative about LeBron and MJ concerning the GOAT label, when that is a conversation that is years away since LeBron could play another 4-5 years. Also, a player’s finals record is only part of their resume, not THE resume.

LeBron lost a great chance in ‘15 when Kyrie and Love were lost. After he won it in ‘16, the Warriors ran and got the best scorer in the league in KD and they crushed him. Then he drags this rag tag roster that was put together mid-season and he lost Kyrie because he wanted to leave. Yet, the critics would have you believe that LeBron looks bad at 3-6 in the Finals.

I can only imagine what the narrative would be if he had lost that game 7 to the Celts without Kyrie and Heyward, especially after that poster dunk and staredown by Tatum. He would have been crucified. People keep talking about what MJ would have done in Lebron’s shoes when we already know that he went 1-9 in the playoffs before Pippen got there.

One last thing, MJ was talked about being the GOAT after the 1st 3-peat, not when he got his 6th ring. I was an adult at the time, so I remember since I was a Bulls fan and loved MJ. When you are a special type of player, the ring count isn’t that big of a deal as long as you have at least won it multiple times, which LeBron has with 2 different franchises.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Dude, LeBron could shut down players MJ couldn't check, that's just a fact.

I think MJ had more consistent defense throughout his career, but peak LeBron d > peak MJ d
    Forget the lube and let LeBron raw dawg you.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

This is all basically true.

Also true that the Bulls won 13 games after Jordan retired the other time.

Like I already acknowledged they were a very good team around him, much better than most LeBron has played with.

They weren't great without him.
    Bull winning 13 (actually 17) the year after his second retirement was due to the entire team being gutted and Phil leaving.