Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA Playoff Megathread

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    2-2 right now in the real playoffs.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Tequilla predictably slithers out once the Warriors win, arrogantly proclaiming the up-by-six Cavaliers were doomed to lose at half and mocks anyone who thought otherwise as worthy of scorn. He makes Dawgman basketball posters look like Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Wrong

I mock Dead Dog on the Road because that’s what I like to do

I give Haie shit for posting daily updates about a Portland team that got swept in Round 1

I give you shit because you let your bias of where you live irrationally cloud your judgement on the Warriors. Also, because of your age you are on the cut line for not really ever watching MJ play at the time and because LBJ is the greatest you’ve seen with your eyes you get irrational with anybody that doesn’t agree with your opinion
    Yeah but that was a GOOD Pelicans team.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Caps win in 5.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    "According to Chris Mannix of Yahoo Sports, the Celtics are "scared" that Kyrie Irving might leave Boston next summer via free agency.

Irving, who is currently recovering from knee surgery, can opt out of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent in July of 2019. Mannix believes that Irving landing in New York is a possibility. "I think they're scared," said Mannix on his podcast. "I think they're scared and should be scared to some degree of Kyrie Irving walking in 2019. I know he had a great year, but you know there are people in Cleveland that will tell you that the Knicks should be considered a real threat for Kyrie Irving. Because Kyrie had talked about it, about playing with the Knicks with some players in that Cleveland locker room from what I was told.""

/tinfoil hat - boston planted that story so they can trade him without reprecussion

kyrie is getting a max, and a healthy kyrie is worth a max. how healthy is he though? long term the amount of surgery he's had on his legs/knees, i would be really hesitant. if i was boston and could get a good deal, with where the team is at right now, i'd deal him
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It wouldn’t shock me if Boston traded Kyrie ... not sure of the logistics but Kyrie to New York, Gasol to Boston, and somehow Boston getting the required pick necessary to get Doncic wouldn’t shock me
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

It wouldn’t shock me if Boston traded Kyrie ... not sure of the logistics but Kyrie to New York, Gasol to Boston, and somehow Boston getting the required pick necessary to get Doncic wouldn’t shock me

Why do they need Doncic? They already have Heyward, Tatum and Brown.

What they need is a young rim protector, not a skilled but unathletic wing.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Ayton with Boston would be ideal. I really like the upside to Bagley. I’m not convinced that Jaylen Brown doesn’t become a casualty of upgrading to a big man.

I’d love to see Boston end up with either Brunson or DiVencenzo with their late first round pick.
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    edited June 2018
    So...about that whole Lebron greater than Jordan nonsense.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

So...about that whole Lebron greater than Jordan nonsense.

No it's the refs rigging it for a sweep...
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2018
  • Options
    HorrifyinglyAlluringHorrifyinglyAlluring Member Posts: 102
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    LETS HEAR IT #DUBNATION WE'RE GONNA REPEAT!!!! WHAT A HUGE UPSET FOR OUR GRITTY UNDERDOG TEAM WITH THE 2 BEST SHOOTERS ON THE PLANET INCLUDING A UNANIMOUS MVP. OUR 4 ALL STAR STARTERS AND A DPOY HAD TO GRIND ALL SERIES TO BEAT THE CAVS. DEFYING THE ODDS EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!
  • Options
    Superteam...blah blah blah..

Other than the fact that the two best shooters and the DPOY were originally drafted by the Warriors.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited June 2018
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/8/17440192/lebron-james-boston-celtics-offseason

"Going to Boston would kill two birds with one stone. LeBron would be in a position to break Bill Russell’s record of 10 consecutive NBA Finals appearances (he is currently at eight between Miami and Cleveland), while simultaneously removing the biggest obstacle in his path. It would be the exact opposite move that Kevin Durant made. Instead of joining a team that eliminated him and had already won a title, LeBron would be partnering with a group of young up-and-comers whom he had beaten almost single-handedly. Nike could sell it as LeBron imparting his wisdom to the next generation of players.

There would be pushback from fans and the media, but LeBron knows how quickly that can change. He was the most hated athlete in America after The Decision, and no one holds that against him anymore. Even his hometown fans in Cleveland wouldn’t be that mad this time around, since he’s leaving after “winning one for the Land.” American society is a prisoner of the moment. It won’t matter how LeBron’s move to Boston is initially perceived if he ends up beating Golden State, easily the most talented team of all time. It would be great for the NBA as well, since LeBron going up against the Warriors on equal terms would likely create the highest-rated Finals in the past 20 years."
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Douchier elimination game exit, Harden or the Millenial GOAT???
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Douchier elimination game exit, Harden or the Millenial GOAT???

Whynotboth?.gif.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Did the Warriors really just have Steph jack up shots to win the MVP? 12-27 in a 25 point blow out? Lol. Is there anything this team does that isn’t fraudulent?
  • Options

Did the Warriors really just have Steph jack up shots to win the MVP? 12-27 in a 25 point blow out? Lol. Is there anything this team does that isn’t fraudulent?

Three rings ain’t fraudulent
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited June 2018
    I'd argue every ring is fraudulent. Irving/Love injured 2015 + adding Durant to a 73 win team 2017, 2018 (far and away the #1 bitch move in the history of sports). Win 4 more titles and it won't make a difference. Not impressed <3
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

I'd argue every ring is fraudulent. Irving/Love injured 2015 + adding Durant to a 73 win team 2017, 2018 (far and away the #1 bitch move in the history of sports). Win 4 more titles and it won't make a difference. Not impressed <3 </p>

Winners win