Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA Playoff Megathread

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

The Celtics are about to win a second round playoff game without there first, second and fourth best players. That’s assuming you have Brown rated higher than Tatum (which I do) and Irving rated higher Rozier (questionable). Brad Stevens is a god.

I'd go Irvin, Heyward, Horford, Tatum, Brown, Rozier but it's highly debatable for sure.

At this poont with Pop on the down side of his career Brad Stevens is the best coach in the NBA.
    if the GSW are able to do what they should do this Season, which is win an NBA Championship, it's Steve Kerr. Getting a bunch of try hards out of the 1st round in a "loaded East" isn't enough for me.
    Steve Kerr doesn’t even have the highest winning percentage as Golden States coach since he became their coach.

This is the Phil Jackson/Doc Rivers misinterpretation.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

salemcoog said:

dnc said:

The Celtics are about to win a second round playoff game without there first, second and fourth best players. That’s assuming you have Brown rated higher than Tatum (which I do) and Irving rated higher Rozier (questionable). Brad Stevens is a god.

I'd go Irvin, Heyward, Horford, Tatum, Brown, Rozier but it's highly debatable for sure.

At this poont with Pop on the down side of his career Brad Stevens is the best coach in the NBA.
    if the GSW are able to do what they should do this Season, which is win an NBA Championship, it's Steve Kerr. Getting a bunch of try hards out of the 1st round in a "loaded East" isn't enough for me.
    Steve Kerr doesn’t even have the highest winning percentage as Golden States coach since he became their coach.

Salem has had shit running down his leg this whole thread so no surprise here.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is Year 8 of Lebron holding the East hostage. We've seen great coaches and players come and go. We've seen Next Years Champions more than once. Tibbs was big in Chicago and Rose was MVP. Indiana with George made it to the ECF twice and have lost in 5 of the 8 years to LeBron

When Lebron went to Boston when they still had the Big Three and took them out there were not going to be any challengers until Lebron leaves or retires

You Jordan fan boys have no idea how much the game will miss Lebron.

Stevens lost two Final Fours and does more with less and oh boy they run cool plays and Boston is going to be great some day

Fuck that. Win something then pop off

Beat Lebron. If you're that great a coach you have the better team. Do something with it other than lose the ECF like you lost to Duke you fucking fuck

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

This is Year 8 of Lebron holding the East hostage. We've seen great coaches and players come and go. We've seen Next Years Champions more than once. Tibbs was big in Chicago and Rose was MVP. Indiana with George made it to the ECF twice and have lost in 5 of the 8 years to LeBron

When Lebron went to Boston when they still had the Big Three and took them out there were not going to be any challengers until Lebron leaves or retires

Stevens lost two Final Fours and does more with less and oh boy they run cool plays and Boston is going to be great some day

Beat Lebron. If you're that great a coach you have the better team. Do something with it other than lose the ECF like you lost to Duke you fucking fuck

Great players beat great coaches.

HTH

You new to the NBA?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Great players beat great coaches.

HTH

You new to the NBA?
    No I am not which is why it is fucking stupid to give a shit about Brad Fucking Stevens. He's George Karl. Big fucking deal
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I could have gone Mike Reilly

Karl won 60 games more than once with more than one franchise. No rings
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

That’s insanely high.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Lebron lost two Finals just like Stevens lost two Final Fours. It’s almost like you have to lose before you win.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

I could have gone Mike Reilly

Karl won 60 games more than once with more than one franchise. No rings

Stevens was one shot away from the natty with Butler. Hes been a great coach at every stop, hes not George Karl.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    watching the cavs play d gives me anxiety
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The Raptors are makin my Cougs blush.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,865
    Jesus. That was god awful.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

I long ago thought LeBron would slow down. At this point nothing would surprise me. He openly admitted he was extremely exhausted and hadn't even thought about Toronto yet. I'll predict the Cavs get annihilated by like 40 in game 1 but split the road openers and ultimately win in 6/7.

Legit thought this would happen

But if it's close the best record in the East great coached Raptors choke

I remember when Lebron wasn't clutch.

James owns the East
  • Options

salemcoog said:

dnc said:

I give props to winners. You love try hard losers.

Not much left to ponder dare.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Shocked they looked that good in game 1. Toronto also went ice cold. LeBron is in their heads. Wildly entertaining game.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

dnc said:

So you’ve traded in your random political stance generator for the logical fallacy generator.

Not a good look.
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

dnc said:

I give props to winners. You love try hard losers.

Not much left to ponder dare.
    I admire your tonedeafness to continually double down all the while every single poster here thinks you're a derpy moron.
  • Options
    Founders Club