Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Breaking News

124»

Comments

• dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    I want to fish with puppy.

A steelhead/sawbill cast-n-blast is one of the best ways to spend a day you can find.

Just leave the metro area to do it. Nobody on the Humptulips or Hoh gives a shit if you dunk a fucking sawbill. Fucking kayakers.

Green Lavro with steelhead on the bow you say? I'll keep an eye out.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,360
    With the PS rivers closed, you will have half of Seattle on the OP.

Kayakers are drawn to me like Sark to Patron....Those f'ers see me and have to start showing off. One guy was doing some stupid ass spin and got stuck upside down for awhile before righting himself before going down a rapid. That's one way to kill yourself.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,926 Swaye's Wigwam

Funny story Chuck. Pup fished routine class 3 in high water, even a sections of class 4 on Sky and coast. Only crazy joe and i do class 3 on sky in drift boat on upper river.
    .One kayaker on Sky floated up to me in his 30lb kayak with his helmet and REI gear from head-to-toe, cum-plug firmly in nose and after watching me come through a nasty high class-3, in a 500lb 18' driftboat and hickory shirt , spilled becks in my beer holder. Little weekend warrior fuck says....'you know state law says you need to wear a helmet and vest, and you should be in that water with that boat'... (driftboaters wear neither, well sometimes they sit on float cusions for you fucking whistle-blowing Cuntyakers)

I grabbed my spare oar and told him to get his faggy ass off my river before i drown his cunt as i slapped the water in his chops. He says 'im gonna call cops on you...' i laughed, cracked another becks and ran out the herringbone tads for another pass.

Whats up with you kayakers? I blasted a Merganser with my .22 in my backyard hole off my deck . Fucking worthless duck was fishing illegally for steelhead hatchery plants out of season. I went down to big city to party with mi amigo's that night and stayed down there. (At tucks steel2) My mom called and said a gamewarden was at my door with a dead duck. I had to leave Seattle and drive an hour and change to confront gamey.

A fucking limp wristed metro bird-loving faggot Kayaker came around corner and took bird to fish-and-game unbeknownst to me. Well i flapped with gamey, who was a steelheader and knew why i did it and actually laughed. I gave him a $150 fine and that was that. But these kayakers? Why are they all such pussies? Im still looking for this chump. Someday...

It's not "us" kayakers pumpy. I have a little sit on top that I paddle around high lakes with my girlfriend but that's as close as I'll ever be to a kayaker. I don't like em as a group either and I know a bunch. Insufferable, pompous, passive aggressive cunts to a man...plus a few women.

Fliat fishing kills any other method where I'm talking about. The channel, terrain, overhead veg, and need to not show yourself to fish just make it work. I'll usually carry a second rod for the few spots where a spinner or spoon can be presented properly. I've taken seriously experienced, well equipped fly fishermen in there and they all come out frustrated...of course they're all too snobby to put on an indicator, pinch on a couple of shot, and fish the ugly rubber legged stonefly I offer them. Fly guys are such fags.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

@puppylove_sugarsteel I wish you'd quit fucking around and publish a book of short stories already. You could be the Hemingway of our time.

FTFY
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club
    chuck said:

Funny story Chuck. Pup fished routine class 3 in high water, even a sections of class 4 on Sky and coast. Only crazy joe and i do class 3 on sky in drift boat on upper river.
    .One kayaker on Sky floated up to me in his 30lb kayak with his helmet and REI gear from head-to-toe, cum-plug firmly in nose and after watching me come through a nasty high class-3, in a 500lb 18' driftboat and hickory shirt , spilled becks in my beer holder. Little weekend warrior fuck says....'you know state law says you need to wear a helmet and vest, and you should be in that water with that boat'... (driftboaters wear neither, well sometimes they sit on float cusions for you fucking whistle-blowing Cuntyakers)

I grabbed my spare oar and told him to get his faggy ass off my river before i drown his cunt as i slapped the water in his chops. He says 'im gonna call cops on you...' i laughed, cracked another becks and ran out the herringbone tads for another pass.

Whats up with you kayakers? I blasted a Merganser with my .22 in my backyard hole off my deck . Fucking worthless duck was fishing illegally for steelhead hatchery plants out of season. I went down to big city to party with mi amigo's that night and stayed down there. (At tucks steel2) My mom called and said a gamewarden was at my door with a dead duck. I had to leave Seattle and drive an hour and change to confront gamey.

A fucking limp wristed metro bird-loving faggot Kayaker came around corner and took bird to fish-and-game unbeknownst to me. Well i flapped with gamey, who was a steelheader and knew why i did it and actually laughed. I gave him a $150 fine and that was that. But these kayakers? Why are they all such pussies? Im still looking for this chump. Someday...

It's not "us" kayakers pumpy. I have a little sit on top that I paddle around high lakes with my girlfriend but that's as close as I'll ever be to a kayaker. I don't like em as a group either and I know a bunch. Insufferable, pompous, passive aggressive cunts to a man...plus a few women.

Fliat fishing kills any other method where I'm talking about. The channel, terrain, overhead veg, and need to not show yourself to fish just make it work. I'll usually carry a second rod for the few spots where a spinner or spoon can be presented properly. I've taken seriously experienced, well equipped fly fishermen in there and they all come out frustrated...of course they're all too snobby to put on an indicator, pinch on a couple of shot, and fish the ugly rubber legged stonefly I offer them. Fly guys are such fags.
    I don't know who these fly fags are. I'm a fly fag and most of my biggest trout (landlocked kind) have been from dead drifting nymphs and egg and worm patterns with split shot. You just have to call your bobber a "strike indicator" so as not to sound like redneck gear chucked.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,926 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I don't know who these fly fags are. I'm a fly fag and most of my biggest trout (landlocked kind) have been from dead drifting nymphs and egg and worm patterns with split shot. You just have to call your bobber a "strike indicator" so as not to sound like redneck gear chucked.
    Yep dredging aka bobber fishing with a fly rod as we call it is the only fly rod method that's ever caught fish for me. My friends call my casting technique the Chuck and duck.
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Yep dredging aka bobber fishing with a fly rod as we call it is the only fly rod method that's ever caught fish for me. My friends call my casting technique the Chuck and duck.
    Yep Chuck and Duck is the only way to do it. If you're chucking a double nymph rig with a bunch of weight you'll get all tangled up trying to false cast like one would with dry flies.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,397 Swaye's Wigwam

Never was much of a freshwater fisher but I've run those parts of the sky in a cat and a raft. Pumpy got brass ones taking a drift boat down those sections.

Take yellow snow and some of you guys out to the snake and let you fish the prehistoric bastards trapped there by the damns. Tougher pulling than lots of saltwater trophy fish.

Never was much of a freshwater fisher but I've run those parts of the sky in a cat and a raft. Pumpy got brass ones taking a drift boat down those sections.

Take yellow snow and some of you guys out to the snake and let you fish the prehistoric bastards trapped there by the damns. Tougher pulling than lots of saltwater trophy fish.
    I've run the Snoqualmie in an inner tube quite a bit. Spilt my beer a few times in the Class 1 stuff.
    chuck said:

Was watching some YouTube videos today of fly guys fishing for steelhead, dead drift style with a strike indicator. Stonefly nymphs with egg trailer.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    edited March 2018

@puppylove_sugarsteel I wish you'd quit fucking around and publish a book of short stories already. You could be the Hemingway of our time.

book of short stories with pics. Gotta have pics of 'the splitter
    dannarc said:

DitchFork, Steelheaders have a unique language similar to the Comanche Indians.

Big F'n deal Lumpy, you drop in at Cable and run Dr. Death through Wedding Dock. Congrats, NOW get the fuck out of my fishing holes.

Puppy chucks bait into 'your' holes too...and pup dragged boat to splitrock equally. Cable just the regular go-to. Dr death ONLY used on sky in coastal glacial color.

Good thing wedding dock a two-sided pull. I got to piss off gapers like you on both sides. One pass left, lather-rinse-repeat...portage back up ditto on right. Always 2 fish. Pup 2 Bankies 0. Then on down to proctor...Pup 2 Crackers 0.... Bills hole ...same. etc, etc, etc
    Membership has its privileges. No wonder you get so pissed. All that hiking only to see Pumper swoop through and ruin your day. Kinda like at HH:))
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,525 Founders Club
    I can easily see some faggot kayaker acting like that. They're the same ilk as the uppity cyclists on the Burke Gilman who think they're Lance Armstrong in their $7,000 yuppie 10 speeds.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

chuck said:

Pumpy don't know shit about real steelheading. Sitting on anchor with a wall of plugs in the face of every fish that pulls into a hole does not a master steelhead make. You can't take a boat where I fish pumpster its all shorts, wading boots and a dry backpack for body surfing class III and IV rapids to get around cliffs. Your plugs and sockeye eggs won't do anything but scare fish and feed juvenile steelhead and the odd 14" bow. 350 wild steelhead released give or take a few and about 50 brats taken home since 2011 pump.

And yes, pumpy, most of them on bobbers. Don't knock it just because you suck at it. Tell me there's a better way to finnesse spooky fish out of a mountain canyon stream with less than 100cfs of gin clear water on a 90* day and show your ignance.

Haha that was fun. Just messing with ya pumpster. I love talking steelhead. To each their own and every situation calls for different tactics and skills. I love me some plug pulling. I just like what I do and where I go better.

chuckfuck, puppy NEVER on anchor pulling plus. Pup busting ass working boat up, down, sideways river in sketchy spots for 6 hours , working plugs up, down, sideways around, on top of, underneath, every fucking rock, log, widowmaker, hole, flat, head, tailout until i find a 20# wild ironhead in a bad mood. Get head out ass. Driftboat captains work harder than any fisherman on the planet.

Its why pup gets steelhead for everyone in boat as opposed to other fags on bank or driftboaters not privileged to fish my water. Theyre down river with the other 50 fishless boats and wet cold bank fags who just wasted a full day. I use floats and eggs for girls who cant cast sometimes. They might not reel in a steelhead, but pup reels in a tuna later!!

Btw Chucky, when pup aint in a boat, he was beating banks with his spey-rod...alone with not a cracker for miles.. all good chuck, no offense taken
    meds dialed in
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

dannarc said:

DitchFork, Steelheaders have a unique language similar to the Comanche Indians.

Big F'n deal Lumpy, you drop in at Cable and run Dr. Death through Wedding Dock. Congrats, NOW get the fuck out of my fishing holes.

I still have no clue wtf a steelheader is.
    Jesus H Christ
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,397 Swaye's Wigwam

I've run the Snoqualmie in an inner tube quite a bit. Spilt my beer a few times in the Class 1 stuff.
    Ran the upper sections on some nice summer days while significantly impaired. The good thing about Vitamin R is that it floats even when you dump your boat in a shallow hole like an asshole just to watch the girls get wet and swim.