Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Breaking News

Comments

• dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,360
    Agree, the guy that can match technique and presentation to water conditions will always succeed.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    I'm not a fan of pulling plugs unless I'm up front and some other poor sap is rowing. I do like the way fish smash a plug, so I'll gladly sit there and let someone else do all the work.

When I fish a float it's because I'm a lazy fucker and I don't want to tie leaders all day. I also use a float on a couple rivers I fish that are hideously snaggy.

Yellow Snow needs to grab his gear and head east and fish the Kilckitat or Methow in the late summer, early fall. People there have some fucking manners and don't low-hole you like the fuckheads on the west side do. Warm weather, hot summer steelhead and a boat isn't necessary. The Klick has a couple great camping areas right on the river, too.

Yeah I know. Cool story, bro.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club
    dflea said:

I'm not a fan of pulling plugs unless I'm up front and some other poor sap is rowing. I do like the way fish smash a plug, so I'll gladly sit there and let someone else do all the work.

When I fish a float it's because I'm a lazy fucker and I don't want to tie leaders all day. I also use a float on a couple rivers I fish that are hideously snaggy.

Yellow Snow needs to grab his gear and head east and fish the Kilckitat or Methow in the late summer, early fall. People there have some fucking manners and don't low-hole you like the fuckheads on the west side do. Warm weather, hot summer steelhead and a boat isn't necessary. The Klick has a couple great camping areas right on the river, too.

Before too long I'll start the which HH member wants to take Yellar Snow steelheading thread. I'll pay in scotch/bourbon or shitty 35 yard nose bleed seats. Maybe even a hand job or two if there's no takers initially.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

dflea said:

Before too long I'll start the which HH member wants to take Yellar Snow steelheading thread. I'll pay in scotch/bourbon or shitty 35 yard nose bleed seats. Maybe even a hand job or two if there's no takers initially.
    Scotch and a handy?

You'll get some offers for sure.

I'm your huckleberry........
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited March 2018

Funny story Chuck. Pup fished routine class 3 in high water, even a sections of class 4 on Sky and coast. Only crazy joe and i do class 3 on sky in drift boat on upper river.
    .One kayaker on Sky floated up to me in his 30lb kayak with his helmet and REI gear from head-to-toe, cum-plug firmly in nose and after watching me come through a nasty high class-3, in a 500lb 18' driftboat and hickory shirt , spilled becks in my beer holder. Little weekend warrior fuck says....'you know state law says you need to wear a helmet and vest, and you should be in that water with that boat'... (driftboaters wear neither, well sometimes they sit on float cusions for you fucking whistle-blowing Cuntyakers)

I grabbed my spare oar and told him to get his faggy ass off my river before i drown his cunt as i slapped the water in his chops. He says 'im gonna call cops on you...' i laughed, cracked another becks and ran out the herringbone tads for another pass.

Whats up with you kayakers? I blasted a Merganser with my .22 in my backyard hole off my deck . Fucking worthless duck was fishing illegally for steelhead hatchery plants out of season. I went down to big city to party with mi amigo's that night and stayed down there. (At tucks steel2) My mom called and said a gamewarden was at my door with a dead duck. I had to leave Seattle and drive an hour and change to confront gamey.

A fucking limp wristed metro bird-loving faggot Kayaker came around corner and took bird to fish-and-game unbeknownst to me. Well i flapped with gamey, who was a steelheader and knew why i did it and actually laughed. I gave him a $150 fine and that was that. But these kayakers? Why are they all such pussies? Im still looking for this chump. Someday...

Only thing I learned from this is that Maltby is an hour and change away from Seattle.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    dflea said:

Methow is awesome in fall. Anal Beads Baby
    DitchFork, Steelheaders have a unique language similar to the Comanche Indians.

Big F'n deal Lumpy, you drop in at Cable and run Dr. Death through Wedding Dock. Congrats, NOW get the fuck out of my fishing holes.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    dannarc said:

Big F'n deal Lumpy, you drop in at Cable and run Dr. Death through Wedding Dock. Congrats, NOW get the fuck out of my fishing holes.

I still have no clue wtf a steelheader is.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club
    dannarc said:

I can decipher bits and pieces being a JV team, non migratory trout angler, but its still a foreign language.