Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jaden Navarrette, 4* 2020 OLB/WR, Norco (HS) CA (Offered 2/16/18)

Comments

• CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited April 2019

And fuck Chris Petersen. This is bullshit. Why can't we be about both substance AND excitement in recruiting? Why does it have to be one or the other? It's fucking stupid. Why are we the only top-25 program in the nation that doesn't do a Spring game or have big recruiting weekends with a shit load of recruits on campus? We would destroy in recruiting if we mixed the Built for Life shit with some big recruiting events like a big Spring game recruiting weekend or recruiting BBQ. The fact that we're not adapting with the times just seems fucking pompous and like Petersen cares more about doing it his way than doing what fucking works and brings in the best possible talent. It's not YOUR fucking program asshole. The program belongs to us fans and everyone who supports it and we want a fucking Spring game and fast twitch black kids who can rush the fucking passer and we don't care what you have to do to get them. Just get them on the goddamn roster and the team culture will do the rest.

38, 26, 29, 22, 16, 16. Petersen HAS upped his recruiting technique. Just because whatever he's doing is not visible to peons like ourselves does not mean it isn't happening.

That being said, there are some aspects that still need tweaking in order to land top-flight out of state recruits. I'm not sure a Spring Game is that tweak, but maybe spice up that weekend in other ways. I totally understand Petersen's view on potential Spring Game injuries. Just think about how mad you would be if Adams, Harris, Levi, Ahmed, Taylor, etc got hurt in a Spring Game. Might make ya think twice. I don't care that other programs do it. They're all dumb. Pete thinks he's smarter than everyone else because he is.
    You practice scared, you play scared. Football players need to play football. Otherwise, you have a shrivel dick team that plays scared which we do. We have a shit load of guys on this team who haven't played real college football yet that we will need to rely on this season. There's massive value in having those guys play in a live college football type scrimmage, in front of fans, in the big stadium, prior to the season so they can get acclimated to college football and it doesn't feel so daunting to them and bigger than it really is when the season rolls around.

This team plays tight. They play with a high anxiety level of not wanting to make mistakes. A live Spring game would help alleviate that anxiety and build team confidence. The risk of injuries is so fucking minimal. You almost never hear about key players at big name programs getting injured playing in their Spring game. Guys can get injured in non-contact drills in practice or playing pick up basketball in the off season. Decisions can never be made based on being afraid of injuries. It's football. Guys are gonna get injured no matter what. Plus, they already limit the live hitting now-a-days in practice more than ever before. The benefits in team psychology, confidence building, and recruiting outweigh the risk of injuries.
    Ohio State doesn't tackle in their Spring Game. TCU cancelled theirs. Stanford curtailed theirs. LSU lost an RT to a leg injury in theirs.

A full-blown Spring Game is not the answer to all our on-field deficiencies like you say it is. It's an event for the fans. If not having a Spring Game is what makes us a shrivel dick team, we have big problems. Hint: It's not.
    How the fuck would you know? You don't. The majority of the college football world agrees with me. You're taking the side of the minority. Let me know when Bama, Clemson, and Georgia stop doing their Spring games. The teams that are winning aren't scared to play real football in the Spring and they see the value in it. How many more years of watching this team look like a bunch of pussies in their bowl games do you need before you say "maybe they need to switch things up" or "maybe Chris Petersen needs to stop being a stubborn asshole and do what the successful teams are doing because it seems to work for them."
    Like I said, Ohio State doesn't tackle in their Spring Game (I could probably get behind that if UW did it that way). Are they a successful team? Your theory that there's a correlation between a stupid Spring Game and how we play in bowl games is full-on retard.

Remember when people used to think cigarettes and radiation were good for you? Teams like UW and Ohio State are ahead of the curve and more progressive than the cousin-fucking SEC schools and fan bases who are trapped in their traditions. You're making something out of nothing.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

And fuck Chris Petersen. This is bullshit. Why can't we be about both substance AND excitement in recruiting? Why does it have to be one or the other? It's fucking stupid. Why are we the only top-25 program in the nation that doesn't do a Spring game or have big recruiting weekends with a shit load of recruits on campus? We would destroy in recruiting if we mixed the Built for Life shit with some big recruiting events like a big Spring game recruiting weekend or recruiting BBQ. The fact that we're not adapting with the times just seems fucking pompous and like Petersen cares more about doing it his way than doing what fucking works and brings in the best possible talent. It's not YOUR fucking program asshole. The program belongs to us fans and everyone who supports it and we want a fucking Spring game and fast twitch black kids who can rush the fucking passer and we don't care what you have to do to get them. Just get them on the goddamn roster and the team culture will do the rest.

38, 26, 29, 22, 16, 16. Petersen HAS upped his recruiting technique. Just because whatever he's doing is not visible to peons like ourselves does not mean it isn't happening.

That being said, there are some aspects that still need tweaking in order to land top-flight out of state recruits. I'm not sure a Spring Game is that tweak, but maybe spice up that weekend in other ways. I totally understand Petersen's view on potential Spring Game injuries. Just think about how mad you would be if Adams, Harris, Levi, Ahmed, Taylor, etc got hurt in a Spring Game. Might make ya think twice. I don't care that other programs do it. They're all dumb. Pete thinks he's smarter than everyone else because he is.
    You practice scared, you play scared. Football players need to play football. Otherwise, you have a shrivel dick team that plays scared which we do. We have a shit load of guys on this team who haven't played real college football yet that we will need to rely on this season. There's massive value in having those guys play in a live college football type scrimmage, in front of fans, in the big stadium, prior to the season so they can get acclimated to college football and it doesn't feel so daunting to them and bigger than it really is when the season rolls around.

This team plays tight. They play with a high anxiety level of not wanting to make mistakes. A live Spring game would help alleviate that anxiety and build team confidence. The risk of injuries is so fucking minimal. You almost never hear about key players at big name programs getting injured playing in their Spring game. Guys can get injured in non-contact drills in practice or playing pick up basketball in the off season. Decisions can never be made based on being afraid of injuries. It's football. Guys are gonna get injured no matter what. Plus, they already limit the live hitting now-a-days in practice more than ever before. The benefits in team psychology, confidence building, and recruiting outweigh the risk of injuries.
    Ohio State doesn't tackle in their Spring Game. TCU cancelled theirs. Stanford curtailed theirs. LSU lost an RT to a leg injury in theirs.

A full-blown Spring Game is not the answer to all our on-field deficiencies like you say it is. It's an event for the fans. If not having a Spring Game is what makes us a shrivel dick team, we have big problems. Hint: It's not.
    How the fuck would you know? You don't. The majority of the college football world agrees with me. You're taking the side of the minority. Let me know when Bama, Clemson, and Georgia stop doing their Spring games. The teams that are winning aren't scared to play real football in the Spring and they see the value in it. How many more years of watching this team look like a bunch of pussies in their bowl games do you need before you say "maybe they need to switch things up" or "maybe Chris Petersen needs to stop being a stubborn asshole and do what the successful teams are doing because it seems to work for them."
    Let me know when UW can get more than 8000 bodies to show up to a Spring game. Let's not waste our time comparing our fan base to those down South. We have to do things differently than them because we just look stupid trying to be them. Don't get me wrong I see the value in recruiting to have a Spring game but until our fanbase decides to pull their heads out and actually show up then I think its a bad look to potential recruits.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited April 2019

Like I said, Ohio State doesn't tackle in their Spring Game (I could probably get behind that if UW did it that way). Are they a successful team? Your theory that there's a correlation between a stupid Spring Game and how we play in bowl games is full-on retard.

Remember when people used to think cigarettes and radiation were good for you? Teams like UW and Ohio State are ahead of the curve and more progressive than the cousin-fucking SEC schools and fan bases who are trapped in their traditions. You're making something out of nothing.
    Who the fuck cares if they don't tackle? They still have a fucking Spring game and pack their stadium which gets their young players acclimated to playing in front of a big crowd and pops their college football cherry before the games count for real. Your point is fucking mute. You're looking for any exceptions to the rule you can find. Nobody gives a fuck what you think. The majority of teams around the nation have a Spring game and the majority of UW fans want a fucking Spring game and last time I checked we're paying the fucking bills so we should get what the fuck we want.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    Founders Club

Who the fuck cares if they don't tackle? They still have a fucking Spring game and pack their stadium which gets their young players acclimated to playing in front of a big crowd and pops their college football cherry before the games count for real. Your point is fucking mute. You're looking for any exceptions to the rule you can find. Nobody gives a fuck what you think. The majority of teams around the nation have a Spring game and the majority of UW fans want a fucking Spring game and last time I checked we're paying the fucking bills so we should get what the fuck we want.

whuggy said:

Let me know when UW can get more than 8000 bodies to show up to a Spring game. Let's not waste our time comparing our fan base to those down South. We have to do things differently than them because we just look stupid trying to be them. Don't get me wrong I see the value in recruiting to have a Spring game but until our fanbase decides to pull their heads out and actually show up then I think its a bad look to potential recruits.
    Youre an idiot. They just got 35000. Youre just a mouth on here that has no effect on getting recruits. You want to help recruiting? Quit wasting running your mouth on here, get off your sofa and go to a fucking game. Someone on here asked are you doing everything you can to help recruiting? If youre not going to the stadium you aint doing shit.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Youre an idiot. They just got 35000. Youre just a mouth on here that has no effect on getting recruits. You want to help recruiting? Quit wasting running your mouth on here, get off your sofa and go to a fucking game. Someone on here asked are you doing everything you can to help recruiting? If youre not going to the stadium you aint doing shit.
    You quoted the wrong post and called yourself an idiot, idiot.

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

You quoted the wrong post and called yourself an idiot, idiot.
    You're a waste of time and a waste of space. Do something that matters. Sofa talk is worthless.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2019
    RealRhino said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

SAC - he’s being coached directly by Avalos at the stud spot. Just like UW will get theirs at DB, Avalos will get OLBs. That’s the DC’s baby.

Who? Avalos is some nobody who has done nothing. Jimmy Lake's one of the best DB coaches in the country. Doesn't equate at all. At least Pete Kwiatkowski coached Demarcus Lawrence and Hau'oli Kikaha and is one of the best and most proven DC's in the country as well. #1 defense in the conference past four years in a row. Most draft picks in the conference since Petersen's arrival. Kid needs to do his research.
    That’s not my point. The defensive philosophy highlights the OLB vs Lake with safety/nickel.
    Guess that’s why I keep seeing all those big-time Oregon OLBs in the NFL draft...
    Hollins and Jelks are going in this year. However, that’s still not my point. Every defensive philosophy has its weak spot that you cover with your best player. You better have an elite WDE in a 4-3 over. Your nickel requires an inside DB to roll up on a tackle in contain. For Avalos it’s the OLB. At the end of the day, someone is covering ground or two gaps.

• ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    lawsandl said:

RealRhino said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

SAC - he’s being coached directly by Avalos at the stud spot. Just like UW will get theirs at DB, Avalos will get OLBs. That’s the DC’s baby.

Who? Avalos is some nobody who has done nothing. Jimmy Lake's one of the best DB coaches in the country. Doesn't equate at all. At least Pete Kwiatkowski coached Demarcus Lawrence and Hau'oli Kikaha and is one of the best and most proven DC's in the country as well. #1 defense in the conference past four years in a row. Most draft picks in the conference since Petersen's arrival. Kid needs to do his research.
    That’s not my point. The defensive philosophy highlights the OLB vs Lake with safety/nickel.
    Guess that’s why I keep seeing all those big-time Oregon OLBs in the NFL draft...
    Hollins and Jelks are going in this year. However, that’s still not my point. Every defensive philosophy has its weak spot that you cover with your best player. You better have an elite WDE in a 4-3 over. Your nickel requires an inside DB to roll up on a tackle in contain. For Avalos it’s the OLB. At the end of the day, someone is covering ground or two gaps.

Hey buddy we're arguing about spring games here
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Vultures never stop.

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Vultures never stop.

Good. Fuck you.
    When I googled pictures of circling vultures the second result was one holding a Starbucks cup, so it was kismet.

Good. Adidas bag drops going to take effect soon
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I fucking wish Pete was a Tosh Lupoi like vulture JFC.

He should have kept him