Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Laiatu Latu, 4* 2019 BUCK, Carmichael (Jesuit), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Pretty premature celebration considering he has not showed up for spring ball yet.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Some morning gems:

Lol, well at least ppl can stop saying Helton is “great recruiter”, a “closer”, and “Chris Petersen can’t recruit”.

Didn’t we ditch Thibodeaux for Latu? Embarrassing we couldn’t even get latu

Is USC going to land a single plan A recruit outside of WR?
    Clay and Swann deserve every second of the ass kicking they’re getting this week

Ever since the Tuipulotu get down that boy Pedersen been try'na stick it to 'SC on the recruitin' front, i've been noticin' the HEAD 2 HEADS that Washington's been winnin

Add to this loss our woeful OL recruting. We only got two last year: Dedich who redshirted and a low rated project who has a way to go.
    So far we have lost the best offensive lineman from Los Angeles, Orange and San Bernardino counties. Unforgivable. We seem to be getting worse in every facet of the game

Then there is two pages of fighting about whether Nansen should be fired because he’s the Poly whisperer and can’t seem to do his only job since he’s clearly not a good LB coach.

Some evening gems:

Damn! Not Tutu too!

Wants to play for a playoff contender apparently.

Don't blame the young man for one second... Petersen and Lake (UW) or Gomer and Pendergast (USC)... not a hard choice.

There was already a whole thread about Tutu signing with UW

Except he just actually announced he’s going to Washington. Proving Chris Petersen is a horrible recruiter. Clay rules!

Has a great class he is putting together. Petersen or Clay? Easy choice right now. But man, he has 9 3 stars on that list so far. Imagine if all the 3 star worriers from this board were UW fans. Hopefully this recruiting class can get him a bowl win sometime soon. He has a chance to be 1-4 in bowl games at UW after the Ohio St game
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Domicillo said:
    But does she know if they go to the fridge or the shower first in the morning?

That’s what I thought.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Domicillo said:
    But does she know if they go to the fridge or the shower first in the morning?

That’s what I thought.
    Which fridge?
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734

Some morning gems:

Lol, well at least ppl can stop saying Helton is “great recruiter”, a “closer”, and “Chris Petersen can’t recruit”.

Didn’t we ditch Thibodeaux for Latu? Embarrassing we couldn’t even get latu

Is USC going to land a single plan A recruit outside of WR?
    Clay and Swann deserve every second of the ass kicking they’re getting this week

Ever since the Tuipulotu get down that boy Pedersen been try'na stick it to 'SC on the recruitin' front, i've been noticin' the HEAD 2 HEADS that Washington's been winnin

Add to this loss our woeful OL recruting. We only got two last year: Dedich who redshirted and a low rated project who has a way to go.
    So far we have lost the best offensive lineman from Los Angeles, Orange and San Bernardino counties. Unforgivable. We seem to be getting worse in every facet of the game

Then there is two pages of fighting about whether Nansen should be fired because he’s the Poly whisperer and can’t seem to do his only job since he’s clearly not a good LB coach.

Some evening gems:

Damn! Not Tutu too!

Wants to play for a playoff contender apparently.

Don't blame the young man for one second... Petersen and Lake (UW) or Gomer and Pendergast (USC)... not a hard choice.

There was already a whole thread about Tutu signing with UW

Except he just actually announced he’s going to Washington. Proving Chris Petersen is a horrible recruiter. Clay rules!

Has a great class he is putting together. Petersen or Clay? Easy choice right now. But man, he has 9 3 stars on that list so far. Imagine if all the 3 star worriers from this board were UW fans. Hopefully this recruiting class can get him a bowl win sometime soon. He has a chance to be 1-4 in bowl games at UW after the Ohio St game
    Depending upon the bowl, I would rather win a pac 12 championship. Coach Pete already has 2.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

RDR said:
    Props to Kwat. He nailed this one. Built a surprising great relationship with the family and kept our foot in the door while USC was trying to lock him up since June. I'm impressed and while he may always be a coach that needs assistance with recruiting, the fact that he can maintain interest with a recruit for that long, even did so with Trice on a smaller scale, is huge moving forward.
    Kwat showed improvement this recruiting cycle but let’s not pretend the biggest recruiter of Latu wasn’t the other recruits.
    Never did. To make it clear I’m specifically giving Kwat credit for not fumbling away the opportunity for a visit, which happened over and over in the past, or getting his lunch taken by another school coming in late as has happened in the past. Additionally, giving him credit for the relationship with the parents, specifically Latu’s as had been reported as far back as the September. He’s not a great recruiter, will always need help, but if he can be a net positive in relationships with parents families, the program can sell itself enough to close out these kids.
    There’s also DDYs confidence theory. He beat out big time schools for Trice. Now he’s landed the big fish in Latu. Definitely can’t hurt if he starts to believe in his ability to close.
    And it’s huge validation for him in the decision he made to hand the coordinator title to Lake. He said it’s allow him more time in recruiting and he’s got results now to back that up.
    We all thought it would allow Lake to snag the bucks. Instead Lake just kept doing what he always does and K leveled up significantly.
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    edited December 2018
    With all the reports saying he weighs 272 now, maybe this is the main reason UW backed away from Stephon Wright. Wright would have been the 6 DL recruit, which is way too many.
  • Options
    MotownMotown Member Posts: 144
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:
    Liars. I listened to them ask Trent McDuffie his height and weight on the radio. They are too incompetent to follow their own rules while chatising everyone else for caring too much about recruiting where they can't care enough for their job

I'm awfully bitter after landing a huge ass recruit. This is how Ruth must feel.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Crawfish said:

With all the reports saying he weighs 272 now, maybe this is the main reason UW backed away from Stephon Wright. Wright would have been the 6 DL recruit, which is way too many.

I think this is spot on. We did want Wright no doubt but Latu is the better D-line prospect.