Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Laiatu Latu, 4* 2019 BUCK, Carmichael (Jesuit), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Some of you are fucking idiots. This kid is not a fucking Buck. He's as big or bigger than Stephon Wright and Drake Jackson. He's gonna keep getting bigger. He's the fifth defensive lineman in this class whether you like it or not. It's awesome. It's great. Another elite defensive lineman. Stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. He's not an OLB that will be standing up on the edge and sometimes dropping into coverage. Just stop with the stupidity. And stop mentioning Latu and Benning in the same fucking sentence. Benning is nowhere near this kid athletically.

Dood he can do both. It’s not about size as it is physical skill set. The dood is a BUCK who can play inside as well but doesn’t have the leverage to 2-Gap like our defense would like unless he’s playing no more inside than a 5-Teq. Coach K is his primary for that reason. We want to do multiple things against multiple teams. Against Colorado we played a lot of 5-1 with Benning being bumped inside and Tevis moving back outside.

He even talks about it in an interview where he said we want to use him at multiple spots so he talked to Gregory and Malloe on the visit as well when Trice definitely didn’t. We should be complimenting the kid on how big of a freak he is, how athletic and physical he is, not fighting over where he’s going to “exclusively” play when really it doesn’t fucking matter.
    Yeah, when you hear the coaches talking to a kid about using him at multiple spot across the D-line that means they see him as a D-lineman. He started out as an exclusive Buck recruit at 235 pounds (Hence Coach K being his primary recruiter) and grew into a D-line recruit. He's a 3-tech with the speed to play outside as well so a swing d-lineman the likes of Levi Onwuzurike and Jaylen Johnson. Sure, he may play some Buck without ever being asked to drop into coverage like Jaylen Johnson was this season but he won't primarily play Buck long term. If he can help us as a true Freshman it's likely at Buck but after that first season I don't see it. But you're right about one thing. It's not worth arguing back and forth about. They'll fit him in where he fits in best. I'm just confident that won't be primarily at Buck.
    Can you just DIAFF already?
    I'm offended.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Some of you are fucking idiots. This kid is not a fucking Buck. He's as big or bigger than Stephon Wright and Drake Jackson. He's gonna keep getting bigger. He's the fifth defensive lineman in this class whether you like it or not. It's awesome. It's great. Another elite defensive lineman. Stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. He's not an OLB that will be standing up on the edge and sometimes dropping into coverage. Just stop with the stupidity. And stop mentioning Latu and Benning in the same fucking sentence. Benning is nowhere near this kid athletically.

Dood he can do both. It’s not about size as it is physical skill set. The dood is a BUCK who can play inside as well but doesn’t have the leverage to 2-Gap like our defense would like unless he’s playing no more inside than a 5-Teq. Coach K is his primary for that reason. We want to do multiple things against multiple teams. Against Colorado we played a lot of 5-1 with Benning being bumped inside and Tevis moving back outside.

He even talks about it in an interview where he said we want to use him at multiple spots so he talked to Gregory and Malloe on the visit as well when Trice definitely didn’t. We should be complimenting the kid on how big of a freak he is, how athletic and physical he is, not fighting over where he’s going to “exclusively” play when really it doesn’t fucking matter.
    Yeah, when you hear the coaches talking to a kid about using him at multiple spot across the D-line that means they see him as a D-lineman. He started out as an exclusive Buck recruit at 235 pounds (Hence Coach K being his primary recruiter) and grew into a D-line recruit. He's a 3-tech with the speed to play outside as well so a swing d-lineman the likes of Levi Onwuzurike and Jaylen Johnson. Sure, he may play some Buck without ever being asked to drop into coverage like Jaylen Johnson was this season but he won't primarily play Buck long term. If he can help us as a true Freshman it's likely at Buck but after that first season I don't see it. But you're right about one thing. It's not worth arguing back and forth about. They'll fit him in where he fits in best. I'm just confident that won't be primarily at Buck.
    Can you just DIAFF already?
    I'm offended.
    Pussy!!!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Swaye said:

My SAT score and my credit score are the same I think

It could be worse, my ACT score and my credit score are within a point of each other.
    Paging @creepycoug for ACT score hawt talk.
    @swaye is either poor and stupid, or poor and smart.

either way, he's my spiritguide.

you know @Swaye 's nicename on the rez? "hewhoshouldnotborrowmoney"
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,939
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Paging @AIRWOLF for some dope graphics to twit at recruits. Doesn't Lake have some ridiculous stat like putting 75% of his blue chip recruits into the league?

Edit:Fuck, thought I was in my tab for the Asa thread.

Staff, get this filth off the bored
    Pretty sure this pic is either in cockers or ddy's living room.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I am a bit confused. Is Cam Davis still committed? I thought we were only taking one RB this year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wtf, I’ve been waiting for his woof for the last 22 mins... foow
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dear Christ, as a general rule I never watch hudl or highlights until these guys are signed(Fuck you Kaho) but @CokeGreaterThanPepsi forced me to watch Laiatu's hudl. I will never forgive him if we don't sign this kid.

TBS his twitter media. Scroll way the fuck down and watch his rugby videos.

Do it!
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dear Christ, as a general rule I never watch hudl or highlights until these guys are signed(Fuck you Kaho) but @CokeGreaterThanPepsi forced me to watch Laiatu's hudl. I will never forgive him if we don't sign this kid.

Do it!
    As resident rugby superiority guy I'd bet he's a monster 8 man.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

My SAT score and my credit score are the same I think

It could be worse, my ACT score and my credit score are within a point of each other.
    Paging @creepycoug for ACT score hawt talk.
    @swaye is either poor and stupid, or poor and smart.

either way, he's my spiritguide.

you know @Swaye 's nicename on the rez? "hewhoshouldnotborrowmoney"

• Options

Do it!
    Oh god, I strongly agree.
  • Options

Do it!
    Oh god, I strongly agree.
    Dear lord, It's worse, they've got him playing inside center(my position btw) bc he has so much speed they want him in space.

Confirmed he's playing buck/DE. Anything further inside would be a waste of all that speed.
    Confirmed PAC-12 QBs and Tackles are supremely fucked.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2018
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

About damn time we unleashed our secret weapon in this recruitment.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943

About damn time we unleashed our secret weapon in this recruitment.
    You can thank me after 6pm. He was no doubt going to USC until I hit him with the 7's talk.
    Thank you for your service
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Fellas it’s about that time once again....

Poast the whole video, this jif doesn’t do it justice
    I am so so so ashamed for what I am about to post in roughly 20 minutes....I'm just apologizing in advance for my sin.