Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Laiatu Latu, 4* 2019 BUCK, Carmichael (Jesuit), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

If Latu commits as we expect, he'll be our 4th highest rated recruit in this class behind Tuitele, Bandes, and McDuffie.

This is going to be a trend every year. All the lower ranked guys on our list will commit first to ensure they have a spot and as it gets closer to the early signing period that’s when we will get the bigger fish.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

He's a buck. How many defensive tackles do you think we can play? Just because he can get to 300 doesn't mean he will or should.

You don't limit this kids physical potential or force him to starve himself to fit a position for smaller guys. He's a DT/DE all the way. He'll be 290+ after one year in UW's weight room. Not a Buck. We got Tryon, Zion, and Trice lined up at Buck. We're good.
    We did it to Benning and for the same reasons.
    1. This kid is bigger than Benning.
    2. That move has been an absolute disaster and was made because we had nobody at Buck until the emergence of Tryon. DT was always a better fit for Benning. He does not have the athleticism or quick twitch to play on the edge. Latu does but will get too big to drop into coverage. Hence his hand will be in the dirt.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,260
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Malloe fucks. Kwat now fucks?

Kids feeling comfortable around other kids who can relate to them FUCK. That’s why an LA big time receiver would be super super super dope. Kids are fucking followers.
    Whatever do you mean?

• Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I think he can play BUCK in the 250-260 range.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,808
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Some of you are fucking idiots. This kid is not a fucking Buck. He's as big or bigger than Stephon Wright and Drake Jackson. He's gonna keep getting bigger. He's the fifth defensive lineman in this class whether you like it or not. It's awesome. It's great. Another elite defensive lineman. Stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. He's not an OLB that will be standing up on the edge and sometimes dropping into coverage. Just stop with the stupidity. And stop mentioning Latu and Benning in the same fucking sentence. Benning is nowhere near this kid athletically.

Idk ballz, I see earl thomas
    I'm hearing that if Turner flips, Latu is a lock for us at safety.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,260
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2018
    Paging @AIRWOLF for some dope graphics to twit at recruits. Doesn't Lake have some ridiculous stat like putting 75% of his blue chip recruits into the league?

Edit:Fuck, thought I was in my tab for the Asa thread.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Some of you are fucking idiots. This kid is not a fucking Buck. He's as big or bigger than Stephon Wright and Drake Jackson. He's gonna keep getting bigger. He's the fifth defensive lineman in this class whether you like it or not. It's awesome. It's great. Another elite defensive lineman. Stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. He's not an OLB that will be standing up on the edge and sometimes dropping into coverage. Just stop with the stupidity. And stop mentioning Latu and Benning in the same fucking sentence. Benning is nowhere near this kid athletically.

Dood he can do both. It’s not about size as it is physical skill set. The dood is a BUCK who can play inside as well but doesn’t have the leverage to 2-Gap like our defense would like unless he’s playing no more inside than a 5-Teq. Coach K is his primary for that reason. We want to do multiple things against multiple teams. Against Colorado we played a lot of 5-1 with Benning being bumped inside and Tevis moving back outside.

He even talks about it in an interview where he said we want to use him at multiple spots so he talked to Gregory and Malloe on the visit as well when Trice definitely didn’t. We should be complimenting the kid on how big of a freak he is, how athletic and physical he is, not fighting over where he’s going to “exclusively” play when really it doesn’t fucking matter.
    Yeah, when you hear the coaches talking to a kid about using him at multiple spot across the D-line that means they see him as a D-lineman. He started out as an exclusive Buck recruit at 235 pounds (Hence Coach K being his primary recruiter) and grew into a D-line recruit. He's a 3-tech with the speed to play outside as well so a swing d-lineman the likes of Levi Onwuzurike and Jaylen Johnson. Sure, he may play some Buck without ever being asked to drop into coverage like Jaylen Johnson was this season but he won't primarily play Buck long term. If he can help us as a true Freshman it's likely at Buck but after that first season I don't see it. But you're right about one thing. It's not worth arguing back and forth about. They'll fit him in where he fits in best. I'm just confident that won't be primarily at Buck.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

This kid is a freak. By far my favorite player in the class because of size, athleticism, versatility, and bend. HE PLAYS FUCKING HIGH SCHOOL WR AND HE’S BURNING PEOPLE AT 260+. WHY ARE WE NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS.

Shut your whore non-uw mouth. Kalepo is HH official favorite recruit. Any one that disagrees can get fucked
  • Options

Wait...you just said not to mention him and Benning in the same sentence and then did that exact thing while saying Latu is more athletic than Benning meaning he’s more versatile in space due to his fast feet and due to his length and flexibility, can rush the passer from the edge better. Benning is 275 by the way and 2.5 inches shorter.
    And Benning was 245 his Senior season of high school and oh would you look at that, got bigger in the weight room. Would you look at that. When football players lift weights 4-5 days a week in college, they tend to get significantly bigger than they were in high school, especially if they play on the line of scrimmage. It's almost as if tearing muscle fibers causes their muscles to grow when they repair themselves. Gee I wonder what would happen if you put a 6'6 270 pound 18 year old Poly kid who played DE in high school into UW's strength and conditioning program? Perhaps his muscles will also grow like everybody else's and a year or two down the road he's a 290-300 pound versatile, swing defensive lineman. A world could exist...
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Dood he can do both. It’s not about size as it is physical skill set. The dood is a BUCK who can play inside as well but doesn’t have the leverage to 2-Gap like our defense would like unless he’s playing no more inside than a 5-Teq. Coach K is his primary for that reason. We want to do multiple things against multiple teams. Against Colorado we played a lot of 5-1 with Benning being bumped inside and Tevis moving back outside.

He even talks about it in an interview where he said we want to use him at multiple spots so he talked to Gregory and Malloe on the visit as well when Trice definitely didn’t. We should be complimenting the kid on how big of a freak he is, how athletic and physical he is, not fighting over where he’s going to “exclusively” play when really it doesn’t fucking matter.
    Yeah, when you hear the coaches talking to a kid about using him at multiple spot across the D-line that means they see him as a D-lineman. He started out as an exclusive Buck recruit at 235 pounds (Hence Coach K being his primary recruiter) and grew into a D-line recruit. He's a 3-tech with the speed to play outside as well so a swing d-lineman the likes of Levi Onwuzurike and Jaylen Johnson. Sure, he may play some Buck without ever being asked to drop into coverage like Jaylen Johnson was this season but he won't primarily play Buck long term. If he can help us as a true Freshman it's likely at Buck but after that first season I don't see it. But you're right about one thing. It's not worth arguing back and forth about. They'll fit him in where he fits in best. I'm just confident that won't be primarily at Buck.
    I think he's going to play DE
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited December 2018

Paging @AIRWOLF for some dope graphics to twit at recruits. Doesn't Lake have some ridiculous stat like putting 75% of his blue chip recruits into the league?

Edit:Fuck, thought I was in my tab for the Asa thread.

Staff, get this filth off the bored