Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stephon Wright, 2019 4* DE, Cathedral HS, Los Angeles, CA (offered)

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Here's what I think: kid would like to go to UW. Mom wants $$.

serious question... @Dennis_DeYoung where do you think the line is as far as how hard UW should pursue/push to get a recruit (stephon wright). Should they go all out and bagmen style or stick with petersens recruiting strategy as it stands now?
    The chasm between going full on bagmen and where we are now is wider than the grand canyon.

I would like to see us actually: 1) brand consistently, 2) sell like our lives depended on it.

We can deliver a message with the intensity and consistency of Oregon without... wait for it... I know this is going to stun dawgman tards and the bottom 30% here... ...without it BEING Oregon's message.

If we had the same enthusiasm for communicating what we are doing as Oregon does we would level up in recruiting, definitely.

You cannot be, as my good friend @AIRWOLF says, "anti-sales" - which is how I think of us now.

I don't GAF if anyone thinks its unseemly for Pete to be dancing to the Cupid Shuffle at family reunions. FUCKING DO IT.

If you wanna be president, enjoy kissing babies. It's a part of it. What Pete's doing is not that serious.

Again, if you want to do something serious, go work for https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/
    I've worked with them before, they also like the sauce and can have a good time.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2018

serious question... @Dennis_DeYoung where do you think the line is as far as how hard UW should pursue/push to get a recruit (stephon wright). Should they go all out and bagmen style or stick with petersens recruiting strategy as it stands now?
    The chasm between going full on bagmen and where we are now is wider than the grand canyon.

I would like to see us actually: 1) brand consistently, 2) sell like our lives depended on it.

We can deliver a message with the intensity and consistency of Oregon without... wait for it... I know this is going to stun dawgman tards and the bottom 30% here... ...without it BEING Oregon's message.

If we had the same enthusiasm for communicating what we are doing as Oregon does we would level up in recruiting, definitely.

You cannot be, as my good friend @AIRWOLF says, "anti-sales" - which is how I think of us now.

I don't GAF if anyone thinks its unseemly for Pete to be dancing to the Cupid Shuffle at family reunions. FUCKING DO IT.

If you wanna be president, enjoy kissing babies. It's a part of it. What Pete's doing is not that serious.

Again, if you want to do something serious, go work for https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/
    I've worked with them before, they also like the sauce and can have a good time.
    ...while doing tremendously important work. What's wrong with liking to drink and fuck around?

If you are drinking and fucking around while amputating kid's arms, you get a thumbs up from me. What kind of fucking moron thinks being a college football coach and working for cheap doing God's work for kids around the world is equatable?

MY WHOLE FUCKING POINT is that Pete acts like what he's doing is the height of dignity and seriousness. Not that you can't fuck around while doing a wonderful service to humanity.

God people are so fucking stupid.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

...while doing tremendously important work. What's wrong with liking to drink and fuck around?

If you are drinking and fucking around while amputating kid's arms, you get a thumbs up from me. What kind of fucking moron thinks being a college football coach and working for cheap doing God's work for kids around the world is equatable?

MY WHOLE FUCKING POINT is that Pete acts like what he's doing is the height of dignity and seriousness. Not that you can't fuck around while doing a wonderful service to humanity.

FUCK OFF DENNIS! MY POINT WAS EVEN DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS WILL DO THE CUPID SHUFFLE IF GIVEN THE RIGHT CIRCUMSTANCE. SO PETE SHOULDN'T BE ABOVE IT EITHER.

New bored motto?
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Totally agree. I’d only add that he’s paid 4mm+ and it still takes 2 losses every year before he figures out that if runs the ball and play action passes off of that we? win.
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    Hey Dennis...want one of my seroquel?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Hey Dennis...want one of my seroquel?

Lol. Quetiapine 100 qhs will help Dennis get some rest for the night.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    That being said, going to ASU over USC is still kind of a win for us...
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    ZoneUW said:

He just liked these tweets:

Not only is it over, I think he doesn't like us too much:

Also, fuck all fans on twitter who tweet negative stuff about recruits.

Did Pete stop recruiting Wright or did Wright's family just want too much?
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Crawfish said:

It feels like Coach Pete is the one who cancelled the in home visit. There is no way Wright would feel this slighted if he was the once that cancelled it.

You are onto something. Bad blood between Wright and UW at the moment.

• Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Theory:
    At Stephon's OV, Pete said there was still a spot for him. Stephon really liked UW and decided to hold off committing.

At some point, something changed (Latu maybe) and with how Pete thought the rest of the class would go he cancelled the in-home. Stephon didn't like that very much, so he tried to make his dislike of UW clear to spite Pete.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Passion said:

ZoneUW said:

Everyone has their run? When was asu’s “run?”
    They've never lost a party!
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    Passion said:

ZoneUW said:

Everyone has their run? When was asu’s “run?”
    I mean every STD I've ever had has given me the runs....