Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stephon Wright, 2019 4* DE, Cathedral HS, Los Angeles, CA (offered)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Here's what I think: kid would like to go to UW. Mom wants $$.

serious question... @Dennis_DeYoung where do you think the line is as far as how hard UW should pursue/push to get a recruit (stephon wright). Should they go all out and bagmen style or stick with petersens recruiting strategy as it stands now?
    Dude Pete did not get a bag man involved for kaho, why would he do it for wright? Specially after the DL class he got signed up already. I am stand with the parents that want to pimp their kids out
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Here's what I think: kid would like to go to UW. Mom wants $$.

serious question... @Dennis_DeYoung where do you think the line is as far as how hard UW should pursue/push to get a recruit (stephon wright). Should they go all out and bagmen style or stick with petersens recruiting strategy as it stands now?
    If mom wants money, Pete says, "We're the best developer of talent in the nation." Then he proves it.

"If you want to get big money, being a first round draft pick like Vita Vea and Danny Shelton sounds pretty good."

Since he refuses to bagman it that's probably the best he can do. If momma needs to get paid now it won't work.

We are obviously seeing that line not being crossed when it comes to the stephon Wright recruitment.

Sucks that Pete can’t even get in the door to do his in-home when just two weeks ago he left his UW official and cancelled his commitment to ASU. I remember seeing mom in some pictures as well during his UW official visit photo shoot. Might be only the second mom Pete could not close after marlons lol

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited December 2018

Swaye said:

@LaMichael_Corleone how are you poly and black but have a white hand?

I don’t. But shoutout to you guys. My grandpa on my moms side is straight from China and my grandma is white trash. My grandpa on my dad’s side is a black guy from Texas and my grandma is Hawaiian and black. But I’m glad we covered the issue here of questioning someone’s race instead of questioning someone who implied they’d rather have polys because of their culture than black kids. Again shoutout to you guys.
    Finally a black guy! After @bricksquad got shitcanned we were missing our diversity initiative numbers. Back to a jew, an asian, a messican, a black and a red. And this place is lousy with fags. We're all set.
    Im a lurker too. I am also sure i am the only ape on the board.
    @SpiritHarambe!!! True??
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 774
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm most comfortable with the dooglusion that Wright had promised a commit to Pete, then dicked us around and we bailed on him.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

I'm most comfortable with the dooglusion that Wright had promised a commit to Pete, then dicked us around and we bailed on him.

It would be more like momma wants money and Pete says go fuck yourself. That’s why I laughed at the playing time thing because playing time concerns wouldn’t make Pete and everyone bail on an in home.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    We knew SC has no problem paying for players. They paid for Marlon. His whole broke ass family followed him to L.A. But it used to feel like they were the only ones. Now it feels like the new coaching staffs at Oregon, ASU, Arizona, and Colorado are all possibly willing to pay for players. Three of them came straight from coaching in the SEC (Cristobal, Sumlin, Tucker) and not only that, but from programs I would consider the dirtiest programs in the country Bama, Georgia, and Texas A&M. Then you got Herm. He's been around long enough to know how it goes. You ain't winning shit at a place like ASU without paying for a couple guys.
  • Options

We knew SC has no problem paying for players. They paid for Marlon. His whole broke ass family followed him to L.A. But it used to feel like they were the only ones. Now it feels like the new coaching staffs at Oregon, ASU, Arizona, and Colorado are all possibly willing to pay for players. Three of them came straight from coaching in the SEC (Cristobal, Sumlin, Tucker) and not only that, but from programs I would consider the dirtiest programs in the country Bama, Georgia, and Texas A&M. Then you got Herm. He's been around long enough to know how it goes. You ain't winning shit at a place like ASU without paying for a couple guys.

Winners win..............at any price
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

No thank you. I want to win the right way.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I doubt Herm busts out coffee cups.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    If you ain't cheating you ain't trying
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If you ain't cheating you ain't trying

Eatin ain’t cheatin.

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Crawfish said:

FYI for those of you younger kids, we've been down this path before and as two toned as USC's sanctions were compared to the SEC's so it went for us compared to USC. We cheat and we are going to get dick slapped for it by our own upper campus even if the NCAA has become completely corrupt. I don't think Pete would pay for players but even if he did there's no way it could last long with the double standards that exist.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Crawfish said:

FYI for those of you younger kids, we've been down this path before and as two toned as USC's sanctions were compared to the SEC's so it went for us compared to USC. We cheat and we are going to get dick slapped for it by our own upper campus even if the NCAA has become completely corrupt. I don't think Pete would pay for players but even if he did there's no way it could last long with the double standards that exist.
    I'd love to see some no name school start brazenly cheating and paying players to achieve success again ala SMU. It's the only way the big stakeholders will ever change the current status quo.
  • Options
    Crawfish said:

That is why u are a loser. Tell me a coach in the last 2 decades won a natty without being dirty?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Crawfish said:

I'd love to see some no name school start brazenly cheating and paying players to achieve success again ala SMU. It's the only way the big stakeholders will ever change the current status quo.
    It was basketball but that's what Tark the Shark did a Cal Long Beach to take on Wooden. His famous line - UCLA has Sam Gilbert and Long Beach State gets probation
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Crawfish said:

Ole miss had a decent run by their standards doing it over the last decade.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 774
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    All this conversational dicking around nothwithstanding - did we ever find out what's up with Wright?