Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stephon Wright, 2019 4* DE, Cathedral HS, Los Angeles, CA (offered)

Comments

• Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

God you guys are dumb.

Jaylen is playing SAM because we have nothing else reliable.

We don’t have a “Jaylen SAM” position.

We recruit two body types: 1 gap guys and 2 gap guys. We also rotate 6 DL.

We finally realized that we fucked everything up.

Tuitele is a 2 gap, so is Bandes and Pa’ama, Ika would be as well. Ngalu is obviously a 1.

I would love Wright, but not instead of Ika.

Ika is a beast. But I would be fucking pumped to get Wright.

If you guys don’t think Ika is important and say “this is already a good DT class, lets worry about someone else”..... Let me remind you how big of a loss Shane bowman was and how many meaningful snaps John Clark has played this year. Shane fuccin bowman. We were sad about losing Shane bowman. I have to keep repeating it to try to believe that’s true. No we didn’t lose Jojo Mathis or azeem victor, we lost Ryan Bowman’s older brother who has less playing time than Ryan bowman. “How to replace Shane bowman after injury?” was a question I never thought I was going to have to ask myself along with “are you ever gonna get a real job?”. If in 2 years we’re sad about losing a Shane bowman equivalent, I know all of you guys want to anyways, but you can save the bullets and not shoot me because I will be finding more painful ways to kill myself.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Paama > Ika. Bandes > Ika. Tuitele > Ika. Wright > Ika

I don't get the fan fare for Ika over dudes with more quickness and athleticism. Ika is not special. Paama is. Ika will be a one dimensional run stuffer. He reminds me of Stevie Tu'ikolovatu who coincidentally went to the same high school. He's good but he's not that good.

If you want to maybe have a chance at sacking the QB in the future, Wright is your guy, not Ika.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,939
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

God you guys are dumb.

Tuitele is a 2 gap, so is Bandes and Pa’ama, Ika would be as well. Ngalu is obviously a 1.

If you guys don’t think Ika is important and say “this is already a good DT class, lets worry about someone else”..... Let me remind you how big of a loss Shane bowman was and how many meaningful snaps John Clark has played this year. Shane fuccin bowman. We were sad about losing Shane bowman. I have to keep repeating it to try to believe that’s true. No we didn’t lose Jojo Mathis or azeem victor, we lost Ryan Bowman’s older brother who has less playing time than Ryan bowman. “How to replace Shane bowman after injury?” was a question I never thought I was going to have to ask myself along with “are you ever gonna get a real job?”. If in 2 years we’re sad about losing a Shane bowman equivalent, I know all of you guys want to anyways, but you can save the bullets and not shoot me because I will be finding more painful ways to kill myself.
    We’re not getting Ika... how’s the finding a real job thing going? I for one feel that selling lines of blow off of migit prostitutes is an honorable job so keep up the good work!
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

God you guys are dumb.

Qualls played Sam, Vita played Sam, String plays sam... When teams come out in heavy personnel we play 3 d-tackle bodies, in a 335 or a 245. Teams finally realized they can't pass against us and are just running with 2-3 tight ends, we play a DT at sam to counter.

Is Jaylen the best person to play that role? No of course not. If we had good outside linebackers would Jaylen be playing this much sam? No of course not. But clearly we like having the option to go heavy in the 245, both things can be true.
    THIS IS MY FUCKING POINT.

did we recruit Qualls for SAM, Vita for SAM, Jaylen for SAM?

No. But they can play there if we need to go heavy.

We done here?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I don't get the fan fare for Ika over dudes with more quickness and athleticism. Ika is not special. Paama is. Ika will be a one dimensional run stuffer. He reminds me of Stevie Tu'ikolovatu who coincidentally went to the same high school. He's good but he's not that good.

If you want to maybe have a chance at sacking the QB in the future, Wright is your guy, not Ika.

“He’s a one dimensional run stuffer” you do know the number 1 priority of a defense is right?
    So how many of those “run stuffers” did we have in the Oregon game?

I know your answer is going to be “Greg and Levi do a fine job of that” how well do they stop the run when they have to play the whole game cuz every time we sub them out John Clark comes in the game so we’re discouraged to sub so by mid 3rd quarter our starters are downgraded to average rotational players skillset wise cuz our inability to trust our backups have fatigued our starters to the point where they’re nowhere near their ceiling which is where we need them the highest percentage of snaps, rather than say receivers who play a large volume of plays and hope that the shear volume of sample size allows them to make 3 big plays, we need DL to be at their max ceilings every snap they play so we need to rotate 6 DTs, especially in big games.

Why do I have to choose one guy over the other? You know that DL rotates the most out of any position group in the field other than WR’s who sub more on formation than fatigue.

You do know that injuries exist at a higher frequency the closer you play to the LOS? So what happens if Paama and bandes gets hurt and tuitele has to eat double teams and can’t get 1v1s cuz we have to put mosiah in or ngalu in? No one is saying they’d choose ika over wright we’d obviously like them both (besides the coaches who probably know which player the we need more based on their depth chart projections), what I’m saying is you can never have enough massive people and you can never have enough high rated DL/OL. And you know that wright would most likely add Size to his already 265 pound frame and you think he’s going to be a Von Miller tackstar on the outside WHERE OUR COACHES DONT WANT GUYS BEING A VON MILLER TRACKSTAR ESPECIALLY AT 285 POUNDS.

Lastly my favorite part.
    “If we actually want to have chances at sacking the quarterback” you have to put the offense in 3rd & 7 or longer because in today’s game the name of it is to get the ball out as fast as possible and IF WE CANT STOP THE RUN ON FIRST AND SECOND DOWN LIKE STANFORD LAST YEAR AND OREGON THIS YEAR AND TEAMS HAVE 3rd & 4 OR SHORTER ALL GAME HOW THE FUCK ARE WE GOING TO GET A SACK WHEN THE QUARTERBACK IS IN SHOTGUN TAKING A TWO STEP DROP? LAWRENCE TAYLOR ISNT GETTING SACKS AGAINST A SHOTGUN TWO STEP ONE READ THROW HOW THE FUCK IS STEPHON WRIGHT GOING TO DO THAT IN A SCHEME THAT DOESNT ALLOW HIM TO? stephon would probably play JJ DT and you know how those guys primarily get their sacks? Cuz the guy next to him (Vita Vea, Elijah qualls, Greg Gaines) is so big that they have to roll protection to his side with a center and guard and the 5 or 3 technique gets a 1v1 against a less athletic guard cuz the better one is occupied doubling in order to prevent inside, in the quarterbacks grill pressure which is more feared by offenses than outside pass rush. Outside pass rushers can be rolled away from, rolled towards, doubled with a TE or RB, chipped with an RB or TE, or even ran by while the quarterback calmly steps up (if there’s no inside pressure). Inside bull rushing pressure that puts the center in the quarterbacks lap is actually more conducive to getting sacks especially with our collapsing pocket scheme cuz it’s the first thing a quarterback sees and feels which speeds up his clock and makes him want to flee the pocket early leading them into, you fucking guessed it (some of you won’t cuz you wore a helmet on the bus to school every day)... outside pass rushers.

If Ika isn’t special.... why is tosh lupoi recruiting him as a primary and they don’t have any other DTs signed and only 1 crystal balled to go there?

Tequila?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

This is one of my biggest problems when I hear people say Player A is better than a player B ... the question isn’t about individual talent ... it’s about how does that player fit the role that they are going to be asked to play
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

God you guys are dumb.

Jesus this is dumb.

UW will never have another Shane Bowman to walk on John Clark type of situation on the D-line ever again under Petersen.

Tuli Letuligasenoa, Sam Taimani, Jacob Bandes, Sama Paama. We are fucking golden at Nose Tackle for years to come. We need some fucking SPEED on the D-line.

“He’s a one dimensional run stuffer” you do know the number 1 priority of a defense is right?
    So how many of those “run stuffers” did we have in the Oregon game?

I know your answer is going to be “Greg and Levi do a fine job of that” how well do they stop the run when they have to play the whole game cuz every time we sub them out John Clark comes in the game so we’re discouraged to sub so by mid 3rd quarter our starters are downgraded to average rotational players skillset wise cuz our inability to trust our backups have fatigued our starters to the point where they’re nowhere near their ceiling which is where we need them the highest percentage of snaps, rather than say receivers who play a large volume of plays and hope that the shear volume of sample size allows them to make 3 big plays, we need DL to be at their max ceilings every snap they play so we need to rotate 6 DTs, especially in big games.

Why do I have to choose one guy over the other? You know that DL rotates the most out of any position group in the field other than WR’s who sub more on formation than fatigue.

You do know that injuries exist at a higher frequency the closer you play to the LOS? So what happens if Paama and bandes gets hurt and tuitele has to eat double teams and can’t get 1v1s cuz we have to put mosiah in or ngalu in? No one is saying they’d choose ika over wright we’d obviously like them both (besides the coaches who probably know which player the we need more based on their depth chart projections), what I’m saying is you can never have enough massive people and you can never have enough high rated DL/OL. And you know that wright would most likely add Size to his already 265 pound frame and you think he’s going to be a Von Miller tackstar on the outside WHERE OUR COACHES DONT WANT GUYS BEING A VON MILLER TRACKSTAR ESPECIALLY AT 285 POUNDS.

Lastly my favorite part.
    “If we actually want to have chances at sacking the quarterback” you have to put the offense in 3rd & 7 or longer because in today’s game the name of it is to get the ball out as fast as possible and IF WE CANT STOP THE RUN ON FIRST AND SECOND DOWN LIKE STANFORD LAST YEAR AND OREGON THIS YEAR AND TEAMS HAVE 3rd & 4 OR SHORTER ALL GAME HOW THE FUCK ARE WE GOING TO GET A SACK WHEN THE QUARTERBACK IS IN SHOTGUN TAKING A TWO STEP DROP? LAWRENCE TAYLOR ISNT GETTING SACKS AGAINST A SHOTGUN TWO STEP ONE READ THROW HOW THE FUCK IS STEPHON WRIGHT GOING TO DO THAT IN A SCHEME THAT DOESNT ALLOW HIM TO? stephon would probably play JJ DT and you know how those guys primarily get their sacks? Cuz the guy next to him (Vita Vea, Elijah qualls, Greg Gaines) is so big that they have to roll protection to his side with a center and guard and the 5 or 3 technique gets a 1v1 against a less athletic guard cuz the better one is occupied doubling in order to prevent inside, in the quarterbacks grill pressure which is more feared by offenses than outside pass rush. Outside pass rushers can be rolled away from, rolled towards, doubled with a TE or RB, chipped with an RB or TE, or even ran by while the quarterback calmly steps up (if there’s no inside pressure). Inside bull rushing pressure that puts the center in the quarterbacks lap is actually more conducive to getting sacks especially with our collapsing pocket scheme cuz it’s the first thing a quarterback sees and feels which speeds up his clock and makes him want to flee the pocket early leading them into, you fucking guessed it (some of you won’t cuz you wore a helmet on the bus to school every day)... outside pass rushers.

If Ika isn’t special.... why is tosh lupoi recruiting him as a primary and they don’t have any other DTs signed and only 1 crystal balled to go there?

Holy fuck you are fucking stupid. Tuli Letuligasenoa, Sam Taimani, Jacob Bandes, Sama Paama. We are about be fucking loaded with run stuffing NT's you fucking idiot! Stopping the run won't be a fucking problem. Rushing the QB will be if all we have as interior pass rushers are a bunch of slow Nose Tackles! Did you enjoy watching the fucking Penn State game? That's what it looks like when your best defensive lineman are huge Nose Tackle body types who get gassed and can't get consistent pressure up the middle and even when they do can easily be avoided by any QB with decent athleticism. We need some fucking speed and some black defensive lineman motherfucker! You want to talk about Bama? They're loaded with big, fast twich, black defensive lineman every fucking year. So is Clemson. Those seem to be the teams winning the national title lately. Stephon Wright is needed more and is a bigger priority for UW than Siaki Ika. I don't even think UW is recruiting Ika anymore so shut the fuck up.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Landing Wright would make a statement that Malloe isn’t just relying on his poly pipeline, and that he can go into LA and take who he wants. For that reason alone I think he’s a more important recruit than Ika. With that said, por que no los dos?
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Landing Wright would make a statement that Malloe isn’t just relying on his poly pipeline, and that he can go into LA and take who he wants. For that reason alone I think he’s a more important recruit than Ika. With that said, por que no los dos?

I 100% agree up to the point where you say “more important”. They’re both equally important. Just like the last sentence every single real husky fan wants both. Nowhere am I saying I want ika over wright. WE NEED AS MANY GOOD DL AND OL AS WE CAN POSSIBLY SIGN. I would like ika to let us know if he’s not interested so we can go after wright. Where I get frustrated is when people say “we have enough DL” cuz you can have Clemson’s DL and ad Ed Oliver and they would still need/want nick bosa.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    WhyNotBoth.gif