Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stephon Wright, 2019 4* DE, Cathedral HS, Los Angeles, CA (offered)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

From Stephon Wright ASU OV visit report:

"It was great," Wright said of his ASU visit. "I got to see more about the campus this time and learn more about the staff. My favorite part about the visit, I would say the presentation they did called Champions for Life. It was about how they prepare you for after football, setting you up so you have a 'Plan B' for what you do when football ends. Another part of the visit I really liked was just getting spending time with the coaches. They're all good people."

Hmmmm sounds familiar...

I still think this kid is all UW and keeping it close to the vest. He retweeted Calvert's commitment tweet btw.

Literally every single school has a program like this. It's modern D1 football. Even Rich Rod uses "OKG" do describe his recruits. Not be too much of a DOOG, but the difference is that Petersen actually takes the Built for Life stuff seriously after a kid commits.
    ASU didn't have this previously. It's an obvious rip off of Built for Life. Just thought it was amusing.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

"It was great," Wright said of his ASU visit. "I got to see more about the campus this time and learn more about the staff. My favorite part about the visit, I would say the presentation they did called Champions for Life. It was about how they prepare you for after football, setting you up so you have a 'Plan B' for what you do when football ends. Another part of the visit I really liked was just getting spending time with the coaches. They're all good people."

Hmmmm sounds familiar...

I still think this kid is all UW and keeping it close to the vest. He retweeted Calvert's commitment tweet btw.

Literally every single school has a program like this. It's modern D1 football. Even Rich Rod uses "OKG" do describe his recruits. Not be too much of a DOOG, but the difference is that Petersen actually takes the Built for Life stuff seriously after a kid commits.
    ASU didn't have this previously. It's an obvious rip off of Built for Life. Just thought it was amusing.
    Pretty sure peterman ripped from someone too. The difference is that, he actually drinks the fucking koolaid he is drinking
  • Options

Hmmmm sounds familiar...

Pretty sure peterman ripped from someone too. The difference is that, he actually drinks the fucking koolaid he is drinking
    Nope, Built for Life is original Pertersen. Good luck proving it's not.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Stephon Wright is incredible and I would take him in a heartbeat over Ika. He has a super high ceiling, & like Ballz said, is super versatile. He would be the only guy in the class who could be really good in the Jaylen Johnson Sam position.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Hmmmm sounds familiar...

Nope, Built for Life is original Pertersen. Good luck proving it's not.
    Dude peterman is not the only coach that tried a similar philosophy
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hmmmm sounds familiar...

What's Oregon's? Champions of the porking lot? Built for pumping gas? We fill you up?
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @WeakarmCobra Who gives a fuck? Why are you taking this thread off script? UW has "Built for Life". Now ASU all of a sudden has "Champions for Life" in Herm's first season. You're supposed to see that, shake your head, and chuckle. I pointed it out as a funny funny haha. But then you come at me with "I'm sure Petersen ripped Built for Life off of someone else der der der." Shut the fuck up!
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Where is this "he's being slow played" shit coming from? Ektard? Roof? Ika is a NT and we already have two committed. They play different positions and Ika's position is the one more filled up. This kid is a 3-tech/5-tech with more length than Ngalu and more speed than Tuitele. Saying no to him is like saying no to Levi Onwuzurike. It's stupid and I doubt it's happening. We are not Alabama and can not afford to say no to a talent like this.

There's a difference between slow playing a kid and making sure he takes all the visits he wants to take before committing so there's no drama down the road.

He's committing next month and my bet is on him being a Dawg.

I hope you're Wright (lol!). I'd rather have him than Ika.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Where is this "he's being slow played" shit coming from? Ektard? Roof? Ika is a NT and we already have two committed. This kid is a 3-tech/5-tech with more length than Ngalu and more speed than Tuitele. Saying no to him is like saying no to Levi Onwuzurike. It's stupid and I doubt it's happening.

There's a difference between slow playing a kid and making sure he takes all the visits he wants to take before committing so there's no drama down the road.

He's committing next month and my bet is on him being a Dawg.

I thought ipa is higher on our board
    He's not. They play different positions. You have to have some element of speed on your D-line. Can't just be a bunch of NT's. Post Bandes commitment I don't think Ika has been a priority and I don't think he's all that interested anyways. He went from being a Dec visitor to that visit being cancelled. What does that tell you.
    Ive been thinking like this for awhile.

I'd looove to have Ika ... But given our current croots situation (it would be duplication) and the tea leaves reading that we need more speed ... And stephon wright having pro-dawg leanings for so long ... I was thinking they are just vetting wright 100% to save any drama later on.

Typical Peterman stuff.
  • Options
    I think it boils down to these points:

- yeah, bend but don't break containment scheme drives me fucking nuts. The fans want sacks and shit and the qb destroyed ... I understand the logic and all ... I was just listening to the pac12podcast and the guys are basically saying they find UW football boring ... mission accomplished.
    - we are levelling up real good so not this year, probably not next year but starting 2020/21 we'll see Peterman become less conservative and/or more risk taking and/or just stick with his scheme as our overall talent and abilty reaches the next level.

We'll have the same level or better talent secondary roaming the field, our linebacking corps will be BBK-plus and our Dline and edge play will be greatly improved. We'll get back to high levels of turnover and more offensive output ...

that's what i'm waiting for anyways ...
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    And prior to Tui Bama was boring as well
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Don't wreck my narrative teq, leave me in my happy place.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2018
    Herm ripped Champions of Life from Butch Jones not CP.

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Herm ripped Champions of Life from Butch Jones not CP.

Thanks Stalin!
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

- yeah, bend but don't break containment scheme drives me fucking nuts. The fans want sacks and shit and the qb destroyed ... I understand the logic and all ... I was just listening to the pac12podcast and the guys are basically saying they find UW football boring ... mission accomplished.
    - we are levelling up real good so not this year, probably not next year but starting 2020/21 we'll see Peterman become less conservative and/or more risk taking and/or just stick with his scheme as our overall talent and abilty reaches the next level.

We'll have the same level or better talent secondary roaming the field, our linebacking corps will be BBK-plus and our Dline and edge play will be greatly improved. We'll get back to high levels of turnover and more offensive output ...

So year 7... I could buy your narrative BUT the fact that it’s year 7 that it is occurring is BULLSHIT
  • Options

animate said:

So year 7... I could buy your narrative BUT the fact that it’s year 7 that it is occurring is BULLSHIT
    Uhhhhh, Peterman is just getting his power 5 reads down?

It takes tim! Recruiting against the big boys!

Seriously though, he didn't have to worry about the Nansen's of the world and having to light a fire under a coaches butt to recruit. Also letting go of dead wood coaches that can't recruit (serviceable at the FBS level but unacceptable at power 5).

Also, since he seems to tend towards the goody two shoes/okg shit leanings ... Playing that game well takes tim.

Something like that ...
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,081
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Is that all!?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

animate said:

Uhhhhh, Peterman is just getting his power 5 reads down?

It takes tim! Recruiting against the big boys!

Seriously though, he didn't have to worry about the Nansen's of the world and having to light a fire under a coaches butt to recruit. Also letting go of dead wood coaches that can't recruit (serviceable at the FBS level but unacceptable at power 5).

Also, since he seems to tend towards the goody two shoes/okg shit leanings ... Playing that game well takes tim.

Something like that ...
    This post reaks of doooog. I’m an impatient American and I want it now!!