Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stephon Wright, 2019 4* DE, Cathedral HS, Los Angeles, CA (offered)

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

TTJ said:

Real talk: Why can’t this guy play BUCK? In space, is he any more vulnerable than Mathis or Benning?

Hard to play buck when he is going to be 300+
    Doubt he'll be that big, but still too big for buck
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,044
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Domicillo said:

dtd said:

Said recently that his last visit will be UW, USC or Oregon.

It'll be us if Siaki Ika decides not to visit us and we have to move on. Otherwise his last visit will be USC when they do their all in-state visitors day.
    Yep.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

TTJ said:

Real talk: Why can’t this guy play BUCK? In space, is he any more vulnerable than Mathis or Benning?

Hard to play buck when he is going to be 300+
    Doubt he'll be that big, but still too big for buck
    He reminds me of string, with a slightly bigger frame
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Unless he takes an OV to UW in the next month, it’s USC
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2018
    NEsnake12 said:

He could still take a visit in Dec after he committed elsewhere. He just doesn’t have a commitable offer with us right now cause we’re holding out on Ika.
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Honestly playing buck as a 300 lb statue is par for the course at the moment
  • Options
    Domicillo said:

NEsnake12 said:

He could still take a visit in Dec after he committed elsewhere. He just doesn’t have a commitable offer with us right now cause we’re holding out on Ika.
    maybe ikaika wants him to commit to usc the pull the tuli stunt again like last year
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Domicillo said:

NEsnake12 said:

Yep.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited October 2018
    From Stephon Wright ASU OV visit report:

"It was great," Wright said of his ASU visit. "I got to see more about the campus this time and learn more about the staff. My favorite part about the visit, I would say the presentation they did called Champions for Life. It was about how they prepare you for after football, setting you up so you have a 'Plan B' for what you do when football ends. Another part of the visit I really liked was just getting spending time with the coaches. They're all good people."

Hmmmm sounds familiar...

I still think this kid is all UW and keeping it close to the vest. He retweeted Calvert's commitment tweet btw.
  • Options

"It was great," Wright said of his ASU visit. "I got to see more about the campus this time and learn more about the staff. My favorite part about the visit, I would say the presentation they did called Champions for Life. It was about how they prepare you for after football, setting you up so you have a 'Plan B' for what you do when football ends. Another part of the visit I really liked was just getting spending time with the coaches. They're all good people."

Hmmmm sounds familiar...

I still think this kid is all UW and keeping it close to the vest. He retweeted Calvert's commitment tweet btw.

I think he wants to commit to uw, but I think Ikaika is slow playing him.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    class="Quote" rel="WeakarmCobra">

Hmmmm sounds familiar...

I think he wants to commit to uw, but I think Ikaika is slow playing him.

But a Washington offer means something!
  • Options

They would have taken his commit when they offered him, but since then they've gotten commitments from Ngalu, Paama, Bandes and (we believe) Tuitele.

No offer from anyone lasts forever. I agree with WAC that he's the Ika backup at this point (or if any of the above four bail for any reason).

We probably can't take 6 DL. It's pretty chincredible that we'll probably take 5.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,903
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

They would have taken his commit when they offered him, but since then they've gotten commitments from Ngalu, Paama, Bandes and (we believe) Tuitele.

No offer from anyone lasts forever. I agree with WAC that he's the Ika backup at this point (or if any of the above four bail for any reason).

We probably can't take 6 DL. It's pretty chincredible that we'll probably take 5.
    Yep. He waited too long. If somebody decommits they might take him. Otherwise he'll have to wait til the end to see if we have room
  • Options
    edited October 2018

I think given this year’s line depth issue. I would not be shocked if Pete takes 6. These kids take time to develop, and when they are good they can make your defensive schemes more creative caz u can create more exotic looks and u can pressure the pocket with 3 DT
  • Options

I think given this year’s line depth issue. I would not be shocked if Pete takes 6. These kids take time to develop, and when they are good they can make your defensive schemes more creative caz u can create more exotic looks and u can pressure the pocket with 3 DT
    If he was taking 6 they'd take Wright's commit now
  • Options

Where is this "he's being slow played" shit coming from? Ektard? Roof? Ika is a NT and we already have two committed. This kid is a 3-tech/5-tech with more length than Ngalu and more speed than Tuitele. Saying no to him is like saying no to Levi Onwuzurike. It's stupid and I doubt it's happening.

There's a difference between slow playing a kid and making sure he takes all the visits he wants to take before committing so there's no drama down the road.

He's committing next month and my bet is on him being a Dawg.

I thought ipa is higher on our board
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Where is this "he's being slow played" shit coming from? Ektard? Roof? Ika is a NT and we already have two committed. This kid is a 3-tech/5-tech with more length than Ngalu and more speed than Tuitele. Saying no to him is like saying no to Levi Onwuzurike. It's stupid and I doubt it's happening.

There's a difference between slow playing a kid and making sure he takes all the visits he wants to take before committing so there's no drama down the road.

He's committing next month and my bet is on him being a Dawg.

I thought ipa is higher on our board
    He's not. They play different positions. You have to have some element of speed on your D-line. Can't just be a bunch of NT's. Post Bandes commitment I don't think Ika has been a priority and I don't think he's all that interested anyways. He went from being a Dec visitor to that visit being cancelled. What does that tell you.