Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stephon Wright, 2019 4* DE, Cathedral HS, Los Angeles, CA (offered)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Passion said:

Is this thread still about Stephon Wright?

I wish. I’m nervous about him setting a commitment date without visiting us or scheduling a visit to us. Plus, have you seen USC’s recruiting class? You wanna talk about guaranteed scholarship and playing time there ya go cuz that Gino Quinones kid is so bad that I think Johnny Nansen might have offered him simply to try to fuck his mom. Strong arm cobra loves his film tho. Says he hasn’t seen elite DT talent like that since Josiah Bronson’s tape.
    Shut the fuck up you stupid bitch. I just ran circles around your idiocy. Wright > Ika, but at the same time Ika's not coming here anyways so your shit is irrelevant. And Gino Quinones is being recruited to play O-line for USC.
    Wright’s skill=Ika’s skill = why I’m confused why you’re so mad. You’re not credible to talk about evaluating talent cuz you said Josiah is a talented 3 tec. That’d be like if I was having a presidential debate on national TV and then claiming I was on fire and I was a reborn Jesus Christ, no one would listen to the substance of what of what I’m saying.

Josiah Bronson would have been a UW or USC signee out of high school if he didn't have terrible grades. He's a 4-star talent. Stop trying to lump him in with a guy like John Clark. Just because he's a fucking walk on doesn't mean he sucks. He's 6'3 280-285 and is powerful as fuck and quick. One-on-one nobody is moving him off the ball. He even holds up pretty well taking on double teams at NT. He has quietly made some nice tackles and gotten some nice QB pressures. You and other dumb motherfuckers likely confuse him with Levi every time he's made a nice play because they look exactly a like in pads. He will be a good player for us. Holla at me next season if he's playing significant minutes and sucks. It won't happen.

Watch Wright's mid-season Senior highlights. He's all over the field making plays. Ika is one dimensional. All he can do pass rush wise is bull rush. Watch the Opening Finals one-on-ones. Bandes out plays him and wins MVP. Take Ika's dick out your mouth. He's not that good and his skill and potential are not equal to Wright's.

How many walk ons play DL at bama or Ohio State?
    I don't know and I don't give a fuck. UW will never recruit at that level because they don't pay players. But what I do know is having a quality walk on program that brings in quality talent like Josiah Bronson is great for UW. Baker Mayfield was a walk on at Oklahoma.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Passion said:

I wish. I’m nervous about him setting a commitment date without visiting us or scheduling a visit to us. Plus, have you seen USC’s recruiting class? You wanna talk about guaranteed scholarship and playing time there ya go cuz that Gino Quinones kid is so bad that I think Johnny Nansen might have offered him simply to try to fuck his mom. Strong arm cobra loves his film tho. Says he hasn’t seen elite DT talent like that since Josiah Bronson’s tape.
    Shut the fuck up you stupid bitch. I just ran circles around your idiocy. Wright > Ika, but at the same time Ika's not coming here anyways so your shit is irrelevant. And Gino Quinones is being recruited to play O-line for USC.
    Wright’s skill=Ika’s skill = why I’m confused why you’re so mad. You’re not credible to talk about evaluating talent cuz you said Josiah is a talented 3 tec. That’d be like if I was having a presidential debate on national TV and then claiming I was on fire and I was a reborn Jesus Christ, no one would listen to the substance of what of what I’m saying.

Josiah Bronson would have been a UW or USC signee out of high school if he didn't have terrible grades. He's a 4-star talent. Stop trying to lump him in with a guy like John Clark. Just because he's a fucking walk on doesn't mean he sucks. He's 6'3 280-285 and is powerful as fuck and quick. One-on-one nobody is moving him off the ball. He even holds up pretty well taking on double teams at NT. He has quietly made some nice tackles and gotten some nice QB pressures. You and other dumb motherfuckers likely confuse him with Levi every time he's made a nice play because they look exactly a like in pads. He will be a good player for us. Holla at me next season if he's playing significant minutes and sucks. It won't happen.

Watch Wright's mid-season Senior highlights. He's all over the field making plays. Ika is one dimensional. All he can do pass rush wise is bull rush. Watch the Opening Finals one-on-ones. Bandes out plays him and wins MVP. Take Ika's dick out your mouth. He's not that good and his skill and potential are not equal to Wright's.

I don't know and I don't give a fuck. UW will never recruit at that level because they don't pay players. But what I do know is having a quality walk on program that brings in quality talent like Josiah Bronson is great for UW. Baker Mayfield was a walk on at Oklahoma.

Agree: Out of all the plays I’ve watched and noted from every game, I’ve been impressed with Josiah and dating back to the ASU game I said he played better than Shane Bowman. I love Stephon Wright and have a lengthy conversation with Dennis about how we need to recruit LA but he probably won’t end up here cuz like me, he is black. In that very same conversation I talked about the scheme of our defense and how I don’t like how we use edge rushers. I talked about how I love Jaylen at DT because he’s quicker than most Guards he goes against but when moved further outside he loses that quickness advantage he has. Also discussed how we lack those matchup guys both inside and especially at OLB. Also agree that Ika has a limited skillset but that’s what the best talent development coaching staff in the country is for.

Disagree: After watching the Oregon game this year, I’ll never be satisfied with the number of DTs we have you can never have enough even knowing we have a lot of the similar body types. Vince wilfork barely even played before his final season at Miami and if our recruiting continues to go in this direction and level up as much as we did from 2017-2018-2019. Next year we have a legit shot at 4 of the top 20. And that’s where I want to be and if you don’t want a top 5-8 recruiting team year in year out starting next year and increasing every year.

I’m sorry if your expectations are lower but the is no excuse do UDUB not being that ESPECIALLY after seeing Clemson become a national powerhouse. Absolutely No excuses.

What’s even more inexcusable is our fans being duped into thinking we are anything less than that cuz that’s 1000% beta
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I think the coaches know how much risk to take relative to the talent at hand. Which isn't much. Containment it is then and limit the big plays.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,965
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

Agree: Out of all the plays I’ve watched and noted from every game, I’ve been impressed with Josiah and dating back to the ASU game I said he played better than Shane Bowman. I love Stephon Wright and have a lengthy conversation with Dennis about how we need to recruit LA but he probably won’t end up here cuz like me, he is black. In that very same conversation I talked about the scheme of our defense and how I don’t like how we use edge rushers. I talked about how I love Jaylen at DT because he’s quicker than most Guards he goes against but when moved further outside he loses that quickness advantage he has. Also discussed how we lack those matchup guys both inside and especially at OLB. Also agree that Ika has a limited skillset but that’s what the best talent development coaching staff in the country is for.

Disagree: After watching the Oregon game this year, I’ll never be satisfied with the number of DTs we have you can never have enough even knowing we have a lot of the similar body types. Vince wilfork barely even played before his final season at Miami and if our recruiting continues to go in this direction and level up as much as we did from 2017-2018-2019. Next year we have a legit shot at 4 of the top 20. And that’s where I want to be and if you don’t want a top 5-8 recruiting team year in year out starting next year and increasing every year.

I’m sorry if your expectations are lower but the is no excuse do UDUB not being that ESPECIALLY after seeing Clemson become a national powerhouse. Absolutely No excuses.

What’s even more inexcusable is our fans being duped into thinking we are anything less than that cuz that’s 1000% beta
    Damn it man, you had me until you dropped “1000%” Stephon, if for some twist of fate you’re reading this, please announce your 2000% committed to udub when you announce on Twitter. 🤣
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

It's clear from our efforts this year that defensively we've identified 2 massive problems:

1) DL depth sucks ... and we don't have guys like Shelton, Vita, etc. that are able to collapse the pocket and force QBs into our edge players

2) Our edge players suck so bad that they have no chance of creating pressure on their own

I'm still not convinced that we actively want to create pressure from the edge and instead are more interested in keeping QBs in the pocket. I'm becoming more and more convinced that the stat that the defensive coaches mitigate against at all levels is explosive plays allowed. And while I'm not aware of any stats that talk to this one way or another, I'm guessing that at least in the pass game, there's a high % of explosive plays that get created when QBs leave the pocket and containment.

Did u forget 2016 Stanford? At its best that what our defense will look like once we get guys on the edge. Vita, Quals, Gaines did not allow Stanford nor fucking bama to establish the line of scrimmage against us

Mathis and Wooching
    Insert a gif of something flaccid becoming erect here
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

It's clear from our efforts this year that defensively we've identified 2 massive problems:

1) DL depth sucks ... and we don't have guys like Shelton, Vita, etc. that are able to collapse the pocket and force QBs into our edge players

2) Our edge players suck so bad that they have no chance of creating pressure on their own

I'm still not convinced that we actively want to create pressure from the edge and instead are more interested in keeping QBs in the pocket. I'm becoming more and more convinced that the stat that the defensive coaches mitigate against at all levels is explosive plays allowed. And while I'm not aware of any stats that talk to this one way or another, I'm guessing that at least in the pass game, there's a high % of explosive plays that get created when QBs leave the pocket and containment.

Did u forget 2016 Stanford? At its best that what our defense will look like once we get guys on the edge. Vita, Quals, Gaines did not allow Stanford nor fucking bama to establish the line of scrimmage against us

Mathis and Wooching
    Dude psalm had a career night that day. Only time that year, where I didn’t have homocidal thought about his play
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Dood... Stephon Wright isn’t going to play OLB. If you want to say we need outside pass rushers I completely agree but at the OLB position. You keep saying we need speed and black people at DT, but we had exactly that in Jaylen and had to move him to OLB cuz our recruiting was so bad there and ILB we had to move Tevis Bartlett and replace him with Jaylen. So even if we did get speed and darkness at the position we’d have to move them to a position where their skillset doesn’t matchup therefore them not reaching their ceiling and Jaylen never played as much as he should’ve at DT in his career cuz why? The coaches saw him as too undersized. you keep contradicting yourself by saying NT get gassed out but then say how loaded we are. That’s the exact point I’m trying to make. We need as many as we can get. You can’t coach Size so you have to accumulate as many as possible so you don’t have a drop off between the first group and the third and even fourth group (right now our first group is Greg and levi followed by John Clark and Josiah Mr. we’re so loaded). As much as I hope everyone succeeds, you know that injuries, transfers, or simply not cutting it happens in every class just go back and look at every class and tell me if every player we’ve gotten has lived up to expectations. The problem with not having depth at the position is exactly what you’re talking about and kind of proving my point with the Penn State game. Vita and Greg had to play the whole game cuz Levi wasn’t ready now vita leaves insert Levi and you have the same problem but worse. Having Ryan Bowman and benning potoae being your outside pass rushers is where you need “speed and fast twitch” or as you say “black people”. You ever hear or Ariel ngata or joe tryon or savell smalls or Peter latu? If you have heard of them you prolly know that they are a lot faster and more flexible than benning and Ryan but they aren’t ready yet. And I don’t think you’ve seen paamas film if you think he’s a one dimensional gap filler that’s what everyone on this board is so high on him cuz he’s the Size of ika but he moves like tuitele (who is quite the pass rusher as well). I love how you named 4 people and said we’re going to be loaded when I just said you have to rotate 6. Ngalu isn’t a one dimensional run stopper at all. I think you’re confusing positions and what you need out of them cuz you’re so focused on calling me dumb that you quoted it, typed something out, quoted again, typed out almost the exact same sentence as if I’m as illiterate as you are. We need 6 rotational NT (Tuli, taimani, bandes, one more for my liking), we also need 4 five technique DT/DE (tuitele, ngalu, Stephon Wright, paama) and then 4-6 OLB who are fast enough to get after the pass rusher (ngata, tryon, ZTF, sav’ell, and a shit load of other people where you should be directing your anger towards due to the fact we were so thin there we had to move Jaylen there instead of being your faster, blacker pass rushing DT) if you follow along and learn how to read and also go back in time and play college football in a very similar to scheme as to what Petersen runs maybe you’ll understand that
    A. We want the same thing (hopefully you want udub to be a 20 year dynasty where instead of being afraid to sub in a John Clark we’re so deep that we’re afraid to sub in a 4 Star guy cuz that’s how it is at Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, LSU, etc.)
    B. You’re anger towards me should be directed at Coach K and Bob Gregory cuz it’s not my fault we can’t recruit edge pass rushers so much so that all you Doogs are celebrating Bralen trice’s commitment when honestly, where I hope the program is goin, he is a 4th string situational guy who becomes our afraid to put in guy cuz we hopefully were that “loaded”
    C. You’re first point is very short sighted saying “well never have John Clark or Shane Bowman or Josiah Bronson like players playing for Pete ever again” so..... what about like.... next year? You think all these freshman are gonna play let alone not redshirt? You think Tuli and taimani are going to reach near their ceiling as redshirt freshman? You think Pete trusts them to play them the whole game or do you think he will rotate Bronson, Clark in and start Ryan Bowman and benning again? Even if we signed Thibodeaux AND Bru McCoy to play defense, Pete would still play Ryan Bowman and benning most of the snaps

You are the dumbest motherfucker on this board. Go back to Doogman. You know that NT and DT are different positions right? We don't need 6 Nose tackles you stupid motherfucker! Having the 4 NT body types that we will have next season will be the best NT depth UW has ever fucking had! Ever. Sure some will also play 3-tech on occasion but they are primarily NT's. You don't need more that 4 guys at NT. You know why? Because then you have less room to take the faster, more explosive, defensive lineman who are better pass rushers and better at pursuing the ball you idiot. You have to have a fucking mixture of body types and abilities on a fucking defensive line. It can't all be fat 320+ pound motherfuckers playing on the inside. Nobody in the fucking NFL or any of the elite teams in the country are only playing NT body types in the interior. Typically it's one NT paired with a fast 290-300 pound DT. The fucking point is (which your stupid ass cannot comprehend) is that UW is set at NT in this current class and need another versatile, fast twitch defensive lineman and Wright is the perfect fit. He's also far more likely to choose UW than Ika is anyways so your stupid ass argument is irrelevant. Ika is not coming here.

As far as next season. Josiah Bronson will play because he's a fucking talented 3-tech. But needing to play John Clark will not be needed. The interior depth will be NT: Tuli Letuligasenoa, Sam Taimani, Bandes/Paama and DT: Levi Onwuzurike, Josiah Bronson, Mosiah Nasili Liu and they will be good enough to beat anybody.
    What about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It took me hundreds of posts to be viewed as a retard by everyone here, you can't just give that title to FNG just like that. It ain't right.
    Do people think you're a retard? I don't think you're a retard. Try hard, definitely.
    There's a difference?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

Mathis and Wooching
    Dude psalm had a career night that day. Only time that year, where I didn’t have homocidal thought about his play
    Really?? I’d give 1/2 my right testicle to have psalm running around out there right now.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

Mathis and Wooching
    Really?? I’d give 1/2 my right testicle to have psalm running around out there right now.
    Sad that I think he's probably a better pass rusher than what we've gotten out of SAM this year. Psalm at least got pressure, but he was so bad at contain, both in the passing game and the running game. I don't know if I'd take him back, but I'd at least think about it, and that's a testament to what a dumpster fire our OLB's have been.