Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fiesta Bowl rewatch thoughts

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
edited January 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
Watched the game sober today. I was in NOLA for new years and blacked out by halftime. I watched with a group of Clemson fans and they were all flabbergasted at how shitty Browning was.

Quick thoughts:

- Nick Harris got obliterated in this game. Just destroyed.
- Keyshawn looked slow slow slow for the first time in his career really IMO.
- Fuller should develop under #OURBUSH into a very solid slot guy for us next year
- FUCK OUR EDGE RUSHING. NO EXCUSE. YEAR 4.
- Myles Bryant was repeatedly isolated and exploited.
- Why does Browning love deep seem/sideline routes on 3rd and short? CHRYST.
- Everything @Dennis_DeYoung and @CokeGreaterThanPepsi lamented about our lack of talent flared its head everywhere. Edge rushing. OL. WR depth. Pease. Straußer.
- 3rd down defense was redefining incompetence.
- Why can't our FS athletic department get basic, lowest common denominator shit down like color coordination for our traveling fans? It looked like there were 2x more Penn State fans there. Also FUCK THE SHINY HELMETS. WHY CAN'T THE UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON CONSISTENTLY WEAR UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON COLORS AND UNIFORMS?
- On a particular 3rd down play late in the 1Q, Browning had several WR wide open but was too busy STARING AT HIS OL INSTEAD OF LOOKING DOWNFIELD. He's broken. Give me Colscob Yankmoneason.
- PSU definitely the better team, unfortunately. Franklin is a hell of a coach. They are likely better than 1/2 of the F4 teams.
- In 2018 can we get Rapp to play closer to the LOS please????????/////

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,582
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    “And Jake Browning has been one of the most reliable quarterbacks the last few years.”
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    “Up in completion percentage, down in turnovers, down in sacks.”
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    “And what a throw by Bachellia there, he’s probabaly gonna go to Browning and tell him he’s coming for the quarterback job next year...”
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,169
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Watched the game sober today. I was in NOLA for new years and blacked out by halftime. I watched with a group of Clemson fans and they were all flabbergasted at how shitty Browning was.

Quick thoughts:

- Nick Harris got obliterated in this game. Just destroyed.
    - Keyshawn looked slow slow slow for the first time in his career really IMO.
    - Fuller should develop under #OURBUSH into a very solid slot guy for us next year
    - FUCK OUR EDGE RUSHING. NO EXCUSE. YEAR 4.
    - Myles Bryant was repeatedly isolated and exploited.
    - Why does Browning love deep seem/sideline routes on 3rd and short? CHRYST.
    - Everything @Dennis_DeYoung and @CokeGreaterThanPepsi lamented about our lack of talent flared its head everywhere. Edge rushing. OL. WR depth. Pease. Straußer.
    - 3rd down defense was redefining incompetence.
    - Why can't our FS athletic department get basic, lowest common denominator shit down like color coordination for our traveling fans? It looked like there were 2x more Penn State fans there. Also FUCK THE SHINY HELMETS. WHY CAN'T THE UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON CONSISTENTLY WEAR UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON COLORS AND UNIFORMS?
    - On a particular 3rd down play late in the 1Q, Browning had several WR wide open but was too busy STARING AT HIS OL INSTEAD OF LOOKING DOWNFIELD. He's broken. Give me Colscob Yankmoneason.
    - PSU definitely the better team, unfortunately. Franklin is a hell of a coach. They are likely better than 1/2 of the F4 teams.
    - In 2018 can we get Rapp to play closer to the LOS please????????/////

Nick Harris just makes me hate the other lineman more
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Yes, Harris was bad, but watch Kirkland early in the game. Just watch. There were plays where he didnt even get a hand on his assignment. It was mind blowing.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good thread defing our? weaknesses, that being said, Jane Browning still sucks. (new name saves me the trouble of calling him a pussy)
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Really good chit, Stone.

The "but ______ is a GOOD coach" shit was surprising to hear from some dudes here... and should never be uttered again. We fucked ourselves by not being able to recruit (for varying stretches) WR (Pease), OL (Srausser), QB (Smiff), and BUCK (Kwat)... this bowel game was a pretty perfect illustration of those talent shortcomings.

Pete needs to make sure going forward that any coach he hires can coach AND recruit. And the guys currently on staff who can't do both need to fucking LEAVE. The one exception being Kwat... who's proven himself too valuable as a coordinator - but someone has to take over BUCK recruiting for him, because he ain't getting it done.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Usually it is hard to notice a offensive lineman having a bad day when you are at the game, but not last week. Harris was just awful that game. I really was, and still hope, looking forward to him being our center next year, but if he cannot develop his pass protection he will just continue to be a liability.

I’m not sure Harris is the answer at center. Assumed he would be, but he has been abused repeatedly in pass pro. That doesn’t get better snapping the ball with a NT lined up in front.