Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fiesta Bowl rewatch thoughts

124»

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,311
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The problem with UW right now is they are still really bad at specific spots. Specifically depth pretty much everywhere. It’s getting better but it still isn’t quite there yet.

This, the drop-off at certain spots is pretty steep. We haven't become consistent enough in recruiting to have quality players both across and down the roster. It's still too easy to target something we aren't good at.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

We weren’t that much worse than Penn State. The margin was small. They are good, but I would imagine Penn State has players they know are weak.

We came out flat, played like shit, and got buried either. You can’t give up 93 yard TD runs.

We need more talent, but a lot of it was just playing like shit the first half. It’s somewhat surprising that a well coached team like UW would come out so flat and timid.

UW players dont know if they can win these games. Other teams are more confident.

This loss was really disappointing. UW needed to win to turn the corner. Instead, the players lost another huge program changing game.

Beating Colorado last year was not impressive. Lost the only 2 big games.

The Stanford game from last year is looking more and more like a fluke.

We need to beat Auburn.
    Considering the Cougs ran them hard in their joint the weak after, I'm surprised that you're surprised that game really didn't mean shit.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

We weren’t that much worse than Penn State. The margin was small. They are good, but I would imagine Penn State has players they know are weak.

We came out flat, played like shit, and got buried either. You can’t give up 93 yard TD runs.

We need more talent, but a lot of it was just playing like shit the first half. It’s somewhat surprising that a well coached team like UW would come out so flat and timid.

UW players dont know if they can win these games. Other teams are more confident.

This loss was really disappointing. UW needed to win to turn the corner. Instead, the players lost another huge program changing game.

We need to beat Auburn.
    Stanford SUCKED last year.

HTH

It was a big must win game for UW and Browning didnt choke. That was my point.

Hth
    That game was not chokeable.

hTh
    Neither was ASU this year. hth
    Road game in desert vs home game against shit opponent.

Great comparison.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The problem with UW right now is they are still really bad at specific spots. Specifically depth pretty much everywhere. It’s getting better but it still isn’t quite there yet.

This, the drop-off at certain spots is pretty steep. We haven't become consistent enough in recruiting to have quality players both across and down the roster. It's still too easy to target something we aren't good at.
    Yeah, the drop off at BUCK is insane... after Ryan Bowman it gets scary!!!!
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

We need to beat Auburn.

HTH

Hth

hTh

Great comparison.
    My point being every game is chokeable when you have a shittastic QB. ASU scored 13 points and everyone on the team except brownsocks played at least well enough to win.
    I was told on twitter that the reason we lost that game was a PHANTOM HOLDING CALL not Jake. HTH
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

We need to beat Auburn.

HTH

Hth

hTh

Great comparison.
    My point being every game is chokeable when you have a shittastic QB. ASU scored 13 points and everyone on the team except brownsocks played at least well enough to win.
    I was told on twitter that the reason we lost that game was a PHANTOM HOLDING CALL not Jake. HTH
    Last night was the perfect example of winners win. Jake may be a decent QB, but he doesn't bring the team back in big moments. The kid just doesn't have the arm, the pedigree, the fuckyou mindset to do it. A frosh comes in after taking a dismal sack and doesn't throw a screen, or a simple cross, he steps back and throws a fucking dart down the field(in stride btw, browning take notes). It takes ONIONS to make plays.

It's a tired argument for why talented guy can still suck or not be the guy. The mentality isn't there for Jake that I saw in someone like mcsorely the entire game. Who wasn't sitting there with a chubby thinking about mcsorley as the QB of this husky team(or better yet last years). That dude has talent and the mindset to lead a team.