Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

THE PLAYOFF SHOULD BE 8

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited January 2018

Houhusky said:

very close...

Just need to add a few small qualifiers:

1) requirement for no FCS (division 2 or whatever its called now) games

2) required minimum 9 conference games for the P5 teams

3) must play atleast one non conference P5 team to be eligible

I like these, and will expand it...

The P5 needs to tell everyone to fuck off and hire a schedule maker. The idea of teams creating their own schedules is fucking stupid.

What I would do:

Make all 5 leagues have even number of teams (14)

Every school either plays a FCS (these games are crucial for a lot of FCS programs) or none do. I'd lean to every team plays one.

The schedule is rotating based on conference records/strength each year (strongest conference this year plays weakest the next year and rank it down, or some order) OR it's just rotated over a 6 year schedule (Pac v. SEC in 2017, PAC v. SEC in 2018, PAC v. BIG 2019). You play two teams from the opposing conference, one at home one away (based on records) and it flips the next year.

All teams go to 9 conference games.

Schedule would look like this for EVERYONE: FCS, P5 Home, P5 Away, 9 Conference games.

This would allow for fans to know what is happening with their schedule and get excited by it. "Oh shit, Alabama beat Georgia this week, that means if we win out, next year we will get Georgia at home!!! How cool!"
    Sounds realistic. When do we start to implement these changes and how can I help?
    First of all, we kill all the lawyers
    Ts and Ps to @LawDawg1, @huskylawyer and @creepycoug
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Houhusky said:

very close...

The P5 needs to tell everyone to fuck off and hire a schedule maker. The idea of teams creating their own schedules is fucking stupid.

What I would do:

Every school either plays a FCS (these games are crucial for a lot of FCS programs) or none do. I'd lean to every team plays one.

The schedule is rotating based on conference records/strength each year (strongest conference this year plays weakest the next year and rank it down, or some order) OR it's just rotated over a 6 year schedule (Pac v. SEC in 2017, PAC v. SEC in 2018, PAC v. BIG 2019). You play two teams from the opposing conference, one at home one away (based on records) and it flips the next year.

Schedule would look like this for EVERYONE: FCS, P5 Home, P5 Away, 9 Conference games.

This would allow for fans to know what is happening with their schedule and get excited by it. "Oh shit, Alabama beat Georgia this week, that means if we win out, next year we will get Georgia at home!!! How cool!"
    Sounds realistic. When do we start to implement these changes and how can I help?
    @RealRhino as well
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club

Extend it to 8, but disagree with everything else. Discard all previous bowl ties. Why should the PAC 12 be forced to play a team from the BIG 10 in the first round every fucking year? Boring. Mix it up. Would rather see PAC teams face a wider variety of teams from other conferences in big games.

The formerly nouveau riche always hate tradition.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    you would need to reduce the regular season then. no fucking way we should let kids play that many fucking games. unless you pay them
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

If I was ever given the powers of modulation I would chin so many of my own posts it would make your dick spin.

Just register another handle and have it open in a different browser to chin your own shit like the rest of us do.
    I suspect the super clever, that don't want their alts discovered, sometimes give their main account an occasional WTF, just to throw us off.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    uzi said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

If I was ever given the powers of modulation I would chin so many of my own posts it would make your dick spin.

Just register another handle and have it open in a different browser to chin your own shit like the rest of us do.
    I suspect the super clever, that don't want their alts discovered, sometimes give their main account an occasional WTF, just to throw us off.
    Dammit. My @MikeDamone alt has been outed.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    The real national championship belongs to Scott Frost and Central Florida. How the fuck can you claim to be a national champion and not even a conference champion? They are clearly the best team, but so the fuck was UNLV when they “lost” to Duke.... @DDY exactly because Bama versus Georgia is pretty fucking stupid to everyone outside of the Atlanta /Alabama area. It will be big money locally but Zzzzz for everyone else. I know I won’t be watching.
    Win your conference or GTFO.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,964

Extend it to 8, but disagree with everything else. Discard all previous bowl ties. Why should the PAC 12 be forced to play a team from the BIG 10 in the first round every fucking year? Boring. Mix it up. Would rather see PAC teams face a wider variety of teams from other conferences in big games.

Very chinsightful. You must've been well educated.

you would need to reduce the regular season then. no fucking way we should let kids play that many fucking games. unless you pay them

I always watch out for the kids.

dnc said:

Houhusky said:

very close...

What I would do:

@RealRhino as well
    Remember, my law practice is only pretend. Kill the other guys. Nothing to see here.
    Can we kill you, just for fun?
    Molon Labe bitches. You don't want none a dis.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited January 2018

Fuck tradition. Go watch 10 hours of USC's fight song on repeat while you reminisce about all those pre-BCS titles big brother won in the poles if you want tradition.
    edited January 2018

The real national championship belongs to Scott Frost and Central Florida. How the fuck can you claim to be a national champion and not even a conference champion? They are clearly the best team, but so the fuck was UNLV when they “lost” to Duke.... @DDY exactly because Bama versus Georgia is pretty fucking stupid to everyone outside of the Atlanta /Alabama area. It will be big money locally but Zzzzz for everyone else. I know I won’t be watching.
    Win your conference or GTFO.

el oh el. Put them on the field with Bama and they don't score a single point, while Bama rolls to a 63-0 blowout.

Georgia Tech
    Maine
    FIU
    Cincinatti
    Navy
    SMU
    Temple
    Memphis
    S. Florida
    Connecticut
    Austin Peay
    East Carolina
    Maryland
    Auburn

You're saying a team with that shit schedule is the national champion, without even playing for a title? The only team worth a shit on that schedule was Auburn, and they didn't get it up for a game against a lower tier opponent like UCF, no sizzle in that.

Fuck off with this shit.

Fame and a shot at the NFL is pay enough. If they don't like it, they don't have to play. Plenty of others would step up and fill the void.
    @NEPTUNE vote on the same poast multiple times with the same screen name then pop off
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2018
    Keep the playoff at 4 so I can still shit talk to other lesser programs.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,878 Standard Supporter

Houhusky said:

very close...

What I would do:

Except mine. Worth every beemer and boat I've bought the clever bastard.