Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

THE PLAYOFF SHOULD BE 8

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    College basketball has it right. Top 68 teams. Pool play, round robin, sudden death football.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,341 Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck no.

You make winning your conference an automatic qualifier
    there's absolutely no reason to have any good out of conference games. Teams would play nothing But Montana Sacramento State. SEC will get two teams in every year and probably Notre Dame as well.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club

I assure you Dennis that in an NFL hating competition, I can hold my own with anyone here. And there's a hell of a lot more than just(now diminished) Bowls which make CF a far better product than the NFL:

For example:
    - Better tailgates
    - Better Fans
    - Better pageantry
    - Better (non generic) stadiums
    - More exciting games and varying schemes
    - TBSing
    - Try hard kids of all population groups playing for the love of the game and a free education

I can go on and on.

College football is easily the best sport in America because of its idiosyncrasies and regionality.

Pro football is a boring sport for people who like to get in heated debates about which corporate business is better than the other:

Nike vs. Adidas
    Coors vs. Bud
    McDonald's vs. Burger King

etc.
    Duh. Coors Banquet Beers kicks Bud's ass. The boy's are thirsty in Atlanta and there's (Coors Beer) in Texarkana and we'll bring it back no matter what it takes.

Look, I think your proposed solution has a lot of merit. Sometimes, my inner nihilist just says fuck it and go faggy NFL style, which would have some cool matchups that we don't normally get to see- e.g., #4 UW hosting #12 Okie Light in Seattle in 2016.

The best solution - which no one ever talks about - is to just play all the bowls, old timey style and all and have the AP vote #1 and #2 and have those teams play a game for those that care 2 weeks later. This is how we beat @creepycoug to win our undisputed NT in 1991. https://www.si.com/vault/1992/01/13/125776/the-dream-game-would-you-believe-it-washington-beat-miami-in-the-battle-of-two-no-1s

Fired up, ad hominem DDY is the best DDY.

I CANNOT FUCKING FIGURE OUT WHY IT IS SO FUCKING HARD TO UNDERSTAND.

I swear to fuck that 85% of Americans think that whatever is hot on TV today is the pinnacle of human existence and needs to guide our path forward.

Oregon has flashy uniforms?!?! LET'S HAVE THEM TOO!! THAT MUST BE THE RIGHT WAY!!!

LET'S DESTROY EVERYTHING GOOD ABOUT WHAT WE DO SO WE CAN JUMP ON A BANDWAGON AND NOT HAVE TO THINK!!!!!
    Americans have always been credulous, jack asses. It's in our very DNA.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Swaye said:

Dennis has chinned himself approximately 30 times in this thread alone.

I only do it when I feel like I'm not getting the credit I deserve.
    So it's a cry for validation type thing? I dig it.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Sometimes masturbating is more fun than getting laid - you have to get dressed, etc, go out etc... It's the same principle.

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Sometimes masturbating is more fun than getting laid - you have to get dressed, etc, go out etc... It's the same principle.
    You could certainly say it's a faster strategy with guaranteed returns.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

I assure you Dennis that in an NFL hating competition, I can hold my own with anyone here. And there's a hell of a lot more than just(now diminished) Bowls which make CF a far better product than the NFL:

For example:
    - Better tailgates
    - Better Fans
    - Better pageantry
    - Better (non generic) stadiums
    - More exciting games and varying schemes
    - TBSing
    - Try hard kids of all population groups playing for the love of the game and a free education

I can go on and on.

College football is easily the best sport in America because of its idiosyncrasies and regionality.

Pro football is a boring sport for people who like to get in heated debates about which corporate business is better than the other:

Nike vs. Adidas
    Coors vs. Bud
    McDonald's vs. Burger King

etc.
    Duh. Coors Banquet Beers kicks Bud's ass. The boy's are thirsty in Atlanta and there's (Coors Beer) in Texarkana and we'll bring it back no matter what it takes.

Look, I think your proposed solution has a lot of merit. Sometimes, my inner nihilist just says fuck it and go faggy NFL style, which would have some cool matchups that we don't normally get to see- e.g., #4 UW hosting #12 Okie Light in Seattle in 2016.

The best solution - which no one ever talks about - is to just play all the bowls, old timey style and all and have the AP vote #1 and #2 and have those teams play a game for those that care 2 weeks later. This is how we beat @creepycoug to win our undisputed NT in 1991. https://www.si.com/vault/1992/01/13/125776/the-dream-game-would-you-believe-it-washington-beat-miami-in-the-battle-of-two-no-1s
    This is easily the case. Just have the bowls then do the current system on the final two.

There is literally no good reason why to not do it this way...

When I was FUCKING NINE YEARS OLD... I said 'Mom, there should be a bowl called the Cherry Bowl (great idea, I admit) where the top two vote getters in the AP play and they should do it the week in before the Superb Owl when no one plays'.

FUCK THE WORLD.
    That would kick so much ass. A modicum of 1 v 2 whilst preserving the best of our Peculiar Chinstitution.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    MODS ARE CHINNING THEIR OWN POASTS, DEVS???!?