Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Apu Ika, 2019 5* DT, Salt Lake Shitty (East), UT (Offered)

Comments

• Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Recruits commit to Baylor on purpose?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2020
    Mooser42 said:

Recruits commit to Baylor on purpose?

Some prefer the option of rapes outside the porking lot
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2020
    This is the last straw with my view of Joe Salave'a. The guy talks a big game, and has always been seen as a huge recruiter. However, he seems to always whiff at critical times. Ika was a must get. There is no DT in this Oregon class, and they lose Jordon Scott. Time for Cristobal to bring somebody else in that can finish.
    edited December 2020
    Mooser42 said:

This is the last straw with my view of Joe Salave'a. The guy talks a big game, and has always been seen as a huge recruiter. However, he seems to always whiff at critical times. Ika was a must get. There is no DT in this Oregon class, and they lose Jordon Scott. Time for Cristobal to bring somebody else in that can finish.

I bet Bob Gregory would be up for the challenge of coaching your DL. Worth a call IMO.
    Cristobal can be stubborn and at times ultra conservative. But the one thing he does well is hiring. I have no doubt, he'd find a good replacement. Look at the receiver coach. We went from having horrible pass catchers, to a very strong wr room, and now a program changing wr class coming in.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2020

Mooser42 said:

I bet Bob Gregory would be up for the challenge of coaching your DL. Worth a call IMO.
    Cristobal can be stubborn and at times ultra conservative. But the one thing he does well is hiring. I have no doubt, he'd find a good replacement. Look at the receiver coach. We went from having horrible pass catchers, to a very strong wr room, and now a program changing wr class coming in.
    Looking at Oregon's last few classes, they haven't exactly struggled to land blue chip WRs. I know Hall got into some legal trouble but what happened to the other highly rated WRs?

Bryan Addison - 0.9552
    Jalen Hall - 0.9454
    Lance Wilhoite - 0.9412
    Isaah Crocker - 0.9274

Mooser42 said:

Looking at Oregon's last few classes, they haven't exactly struggled to land blue chip WRs. I know Hall got into some legal trouble but what happened to the other highly rated WRs?

Bryan Addison - 0.9552
    Jalen Hall - 0.9454
    Lance Wilhoite - 0.9412
    Isaah Crocker - 0.9274
    These rated pretty well, but...

Troy Franklin .9824
    Dont'e Thornton .9735

Are way above what Oregon has historically gotten. I'd also add, that once McClendon was hired, you saw some improvement from guys like Redd and Johnson. Arroyo I also think held our WR corp back significantly.
    edited December 2020

I remember my "look at all these program-changing receivers!" phase...

But lets be honest, Cristobal is the most anti-sark coach in the conference. Almost to a fault. Cristobal doesn't like to air it out, and quite frankly, he's too much against it. We run way too much inside the tackle for my liking. A lot of that in my opinion is because we don't have a traditional back that can handle that consistently. But damn, Sean Dollars just looks different. That kid I think could play Mario's style.

Seriously though, we ran the fucking ball three different times on 3rd and 7-8 to go. We actually got it on the first one.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Apparently we reached out. He didn't return our calls.ooks like both poly DL coaches are paying out dividends
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

But lets be honest, Cristobal is the most anti-sark coach in the conference. Almost to a fault. Cristobal doesn't like to air it out, and quite frankly, he's too much against it. We run way too much inside the tackle for my liking. A lot of that in my opinion is because we don't have a traditional back that can handle that consistently. But damn, Sean Dollars just looks different. That kid I think could play Mario's style.

Seriously though, we ran the fucking ball three different times on 3rd and 7-8 to go. We actually got it on the first one.
    I'm going to have to see Mario in a "Run the Damned Ball" hat before I take any of this seriously.

I'm going to have to see Mario in a "Run the Damned Ball" hat before I take any of this seriously.
    If you don't like Frank Reich, you don't like football.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    Ika said he was homesick.

People just assumed he meant for Salt Lake Shitty. He was really homesick for a 3-4 defense.

If Oregon wanted him and Salave’a didn’t get him for a second time then why is he the highest paid defensive line coach in the conference?

Mooser42 said:

Bryan Addison - 0.9552
    Jalen Hall - 0.9454
    Lance Wilhoite - 0.9412
    Isaah Crocker - 0.9274
    Legal trouble is a nice way of describing an armed robbery culminating with a San Andreas style police pursuit with a helicopter.

Bryan Addison had 18 catches for 200 something and a TD last year as a freshman. He also dropped a perfectly thrown TD pass against Auburn that hit him in the hands. It wound up being a short missed field goal instead. If he catches that one they would have scored 28 and probably won. Got a nice 15 yard penalty against Washington for ripping a pom-pom away from a fan in the stands. This year Devon Williams has replaced him and is the teams best WR. Freshman Kris Hutson has also gotten time and passed Addison since they needed a speedier WR. Addison is playing on special teams and filling in at DB because of the Rona and injuries.

Crocker: bust, but he tries hard in practice or some shit.

Wilhoite: redshirted while recovering from a knee injury he got in high school. Not a bust yet, if he doesn’t transfer he could play eventually.

Ika said he was homesick.

People just assumed he meant for Salt Lake Shitty. He was really homesick for a 3-4 defense.

If Oregon wanted him and Salave’a didn’t get him for a second time then why is he the highest paid defensive line coach in the conference?

Joe's got to go

If you don't like Frank Reich, you don't like football.
    This is more of a third instead of a frank type of board.