Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Apu Ika, 2019 5* DT, Salt Lake Shitty (East), UT (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    FourlokodawgFourlokodawg Member Posts: 11
    5 Awesomes First Comment
    He'll end up somewhere in oregon
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    without knowing the roster/recruiting details for utah/utah st/byu/ore/ore st ... I would bet utah at this time. But probably Ore state ... for some reason.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    honestly though, if UW has a spot and he's actually portalling ... he could be the next Vita Vea ... almost same measurables and athleticism ... except Ika was quite a bit bigger than Vea coming from high school.

But I dream.

I'm betting it's Oregon State because they have the flexibility with program and grades that he could slide right in and play right away which is the real attraction I would imagine.

Utah would make sense as a close 1A but I don't know if they are as "flexible" as Oregon State.

Oregon has the cash ... so if that's the attraction well ...
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,185
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Same HS as Taki, Lohohea, and Voi. He's probably going to end up in Eugene though.

Based on what?
    Based on we suck ass on the recruiting trail right now and we hired the alternative version of 7-win dark and that we suck until we don’t.
    Your posts make me ill.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,931
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Same HS as Taki, Lohohea, and Voi. He's probably going to end up in Eugene though.

Based on what?
    Based on we suck ass on the recruiting trail right now and we hired the alternative version of 7-win dark and that we suck until we don’t.
    Your posts make me ill.
    You don’t belong here.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,185
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Based on what?
    Your posts make me ill.
    You don’t belong here.

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2020

He’s not as athletic as Vea. Vita is a rare human top 10 pick.

I think Ika is a run stuffer like Alameda Ta’amu or Danny Shelton. Which I would take in a heartbeat of course.

Apu, I like to call him that, was also 100lbs heavier than Virta as a senior in HS.

Sopsher reminds me more of Shelton, although I was pretty drnku when I watched the highlights.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dtd said:

I think Ika is a run stuffer like Alameda Ta’amu or Danny Shelton. Which I would take in a heartbeat of course.

Apu, I like to call him that, was also 100lbs heavier than Virta as a senior in HS.

Sopsher reminds me more of Shelton, although I was pretty drnku when I watched the highlights.
    You don't say
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

You don't say
    drnku is prolly a meme/inside joke from another site. Shit all runs together after awhile man.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Per Ektard

About a month and a half ago, former four-star defensive tackle Siaki Ika decided to enter the transfer portal. He'd spent the past 18 months at LSU after signing with them in 2019 and he was expected to be a heavy contributor for them this season.

Ika played in 13 games as the backup nose tackle for LSU last season and when the man in front of him decided to opt out of the 2020 football season, many expected him to take on a larger role. However, because the Tigers are now playing more even fronts (4-3), word is he didn't feel like he fit into their defensive scheme anymore. He also was going through a bit of homesickness.

Most believe that Oregon or Utah are the likely schools he could wind up at, but I know that Washington has reached out to him. However, he has not reciprocated their interest, at least to this point, according to people I have spoken with.

Obviously, Washington could use a man with his size, athleticism and skill-set, but he doesn't appear to be interested in them. Getting transfers into Washington are difficult as well, so he may not have been able to transfer anyway, but the fact is, the Huskies have made overtures and it's been crickets.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    Sounds like he is all Utah and wants a little fun and free stuff from Oregon before he announces.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    I missed the per ektard. Is he not responding to the coaching staff or not responding to ektard? big difference.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    Bread said:

Sounds like he is all Utah and wants a little fun and free stuff from Oregon before he announces.

You'd just wonder, why wouldn't he want more free stuff and dick suckings from UW, as well?

I do wonder how much the "CHAZ/Seattle is a city on the edge of ruin" narrative hurts with recruits. I think we heard that with that objection with Brock Bowers, and I've heard that worry when I tell people I live in Seattle. Polys tend to be pretty conservative (ISAFNRC) and that might be sufficient to nudge kids like this with other good options away from us.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

Emoterman said:

Bread said:

You'd just wonder, why wouldn't he want more free stuff and dick suckings from UW, as well?

I do wonder how much the "CHAZ/Seattle is a city on the edge of ruin" narrative hurts with recruits. I think we heard that with that objection with Brock Bowers, and I've heard that worry when I tell people I live in Seattle. Polys tend to be pretty conservative (ISAFNRC) and that might be sufficient to nudge kids like this with other good options away from us.
    This a serious post? Chaz is over and 20 year olds are not 40+ year old white, conservative men.
    It's a serious post, absolutely. Brock Bowers or his mom said that was a factor in eliminating UW.

These kids have parents who are 40+ year old white/black/poly/hispanic conservative men and women who watch Tucker Carlson and have a say in where they go. Tucker routinely has this goofus https://twitter.com/jasonrantz on hand wringing over how Seattle is about to be a modern Sodom.

I have people from out of the area express concern when I tell them I live here, they literally ask if my car is routinely molotov'd/used as a restroom by vagrants. Are they 17 year old boys? No, because I don't talk to teen bois and have my finger on their pulse. Maybe you do.