Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gee Scott Jr, 4* 2020 WR, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 6/19)

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,716
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

You assholes are overstating things. I agree generally being "nice" has nothing to do with playing ball.

However, as Coach James said you have to look out for "locker room lawyers." Human Cancers will kill team chemistry and coaching effectiveness.

So, the question is not "is the prospect a good human being" but " is the prospect coachable and a good teammate."

From the sound of it, this kid aint either one.

fuck off with this shit. Sure, you don't want bad kids - but social conformity is much more powerful than you are giving credit for.

If you get 18 perfect OKGs a year and take 2 questionable kids those kids will fall in line.

Same shit with Sirmon. For some reason people tend to be more upset by stories about black kids acting like assholes than white ones. Hmmm...
    Yeah, there was nobody here who didn't want Sirmon...

NYBE
    Pretty sure that Sven, Roaddawg and stalin (what a group) didn’t want Sirmon
    And wasn't it for throwing 18 interceptions against Woodinville not character reasons?

What was that story about Sirmon drawing penises on some kid's notes in class?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

You assholes are overstating things. I agree generally being "nice" has nothing to do with playing ball.

However, as Coach James said you have to look out for "locker room lawyers." Human Cancers will kill team chemistry and coaching effectiveness.

So, the question is not "is the prospect a good human being" but " is the prospect coachable and a good teammate."

fuck off with this shit. Sure, you don't want bad kids - but social conformity is much more powerful than you are giving credit for.

If you get 18 perfect OKGs a year and take 2 questionable kids those kids will fall in line.

Same shit with Sirmon. For some reason people tend to be more upset by stories about black kids acting like assholes than white ones. Hmmm...

NYBE
    And wasn't it for throwing 18 interceptions against Woodinville not character reasons?

It was generally agreed he was an asshole, that's been well documented on these boreds. The chinterceptions played a part for sure. But Sirmon's assholery has been reported and dissected many times out here.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

NYBE

Pretty sure Eason was the penis supplier
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

NYBE

It was generally agreed he was an asshole, that's been well documented on these boreds. The chinterceptions played a part for sure. But Sirmon's assholery has been reported and dissected many times out here.
    Grinolds?
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Is Gee Scott one of the dudes on the Barber Shop radio show?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

There is a reason James ( I know he's dead get over it blah blah blah) went to LA CC and got Warren Moon and made him a three year starter when he really wasn't all that good at the time

He was following Jim Owens and we? had to change the narrative

We do not want a narrative that we want high motor coaches on the field who hit the books and marry the coaches daughter

Hell we might as well root for Wisconsin if that's the case

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

There is a reason James ( I know he's dead get over it blah blah blah) went to LA CC and got Warren Moon and made him a three year starter when he really wasn't all that good at the time

We do not want a narrative that we want high motor coaches on the field who hit the books and marry the coaches daughter

Was not even a sperm back then, but I thought moon was good his Sr year?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Was not even a sperm back then, but I thought moon was good his Sr year?
    He said "at the time" meaning when James went and got him and made him the starter.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,542
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They were still 7-4 his senior year

He was really good in the Rose Bowl. It was actually surprising.

He wasn't drafted - 81% racism and 19% talent or vice versa. Who knows

We had a white guy from a Seattle high school who had thrown 7 TDs against Cal the year before Moon. It took guts to bench him
  • Options
    Moon was more like Tui (not in terms of style of play, Tui is a warrior, Moon is a natural athlete) in that he was a playmaker that was frustratingly moronic at times. He was inconsistent with accuracy and some of his ideas, but when he put it all together, he was a thing of beauty.

And if you look at what he became in the NFL, you can see he was headed in the direction of greatness.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,542
    Swaye's Wigwam

Moon was more like Tui (not in terms of style of play, Tui is a warrior, Moon is a natural athlete) in that he was a playmaker that was frustratingly moronic at times. He was inconsistent with accuracy and some of his ideas, but when he put it all together, he was a thing of beauty.

And if you look at what he became in the NFL, you can see he was headed in the direction of greatness.

There was never a question about his arm. One of the great pure passers of all time.
  • Options
    DavidDavid Member Posts: 93
    Gee Scott Sr. does hate UW, tweeting to his son the obligatory spring “game” crowd size burn...

• Options
    He’s a piece of shit, but whatever.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

He’s a piece of shit, but whatever.

What radio host is not a POS?
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Who gives a living shit whether he is nice or mean?

When I was his age I was in jail for robbing people, selling drugs and other general thuggery. I was as much of an asshole as you can imagine.

Still am, in fact.

Let's fucking offer this kid.

I would still offer 17 year old Aaron Hernandez. So what he needed 1 or 6 body bags while at Florida
    Didn't commit homicide until after college. Seems legit to me!