Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gee Scott Jr, 4* 2020 WR, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 6/19)

Comments

• Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

No one is even mentioning Racanelli even though his film is transcendent.

Before you say "yeah but 2A", Otten, Rapp, and McGary were all 2A and all abused kids in the same fashion in their film

Fuck, you're an idiot...as we all know.

This kid will NEVER stay at WR. Ever.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Upset at not getting a fifth star? Dood Ohio state and Washington are fighting over you, you’re a billionaire fighting over a dollar right now. I wish he had more confidence in himself to be at peace with his hard work rather than being than his dad looking for clout that really doesn’t fucking matter. Go ask every amazing NFL WR who has a fuck load of money how important some fat white guy calling you a Five Star really is. You’re a beast dood!!! Just project that whoever doesn’t see it is gonna look stupid later. Instead his dad is literally out here stealing from Sam Adams’ moment by clarifying what a hometown hero is because SR wants the hometown hero love after bashing us publicly for how long?

JR is a stud who works his ass off. I wish SR would slow down and realize there is so much more in life than public appreciation.

Antonio Brown was a walk on at Central Michigan. If you good, you're good
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,502
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    vadawg said:

Before you say "yeah but 2A", Otten, Rapp, and McGary were all 2A and all abused kids in the same fashion in their film

Fuck, you're an idiot...as we all know.

This kid will NEVER stay at WR. Ever.
    Kill yourself
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I made the Gee Jr. and Kasen Williams comparison like 9 months ago and now it's gaining traction. Big-bodied man-child with average speed but elite hands describes both of them coming out of high school. Gee is more skilled as a route runner because of FSP and 7on7. Kasen didn't have that shit when he was in high school. But Kasen had better vertical leaping ability.

I find it amusing the article suggests UW is going to regret not offering Gee Jr sooner when he's at Ohio State. He'd be a very welcomed addition to UW's class, but won't be missed if he's not a part of it either with the way WR recruiting is going for UW right now. Best of luck to him either way.

C’Mon, Karen was the Gatorade National player of the year for god sake. G’s really good, but he’s not even a the top 3 lock for in the state players this year.

I hope we get him but to draw a Kasen comp might be construed as a stretch.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    DawgFader said:

I made the Gee Jr. and Kasen Williams comparison like 9 months ago and now it's gaining traction. Big-bodied man-child with average speed but elite hands describes both of them coming out of high school. Gee is more skilled as a route runner because of FSP and 7on7. Kasen didn't have that shit when he was in high school. But Kasen had better vertical leaping ability.

I find it amusing the article suggests UW is going to regret not offering Gee Jr sooner when he's at Ohio State. He'd be a very welcomed addition to UW's class, but won't be missed if he's not a part of it either with the way WR recruiting is going for UW right now. Best of luck to him either way.

C’Mon, Karen was the Gatorade National player of the year for god sake. G’s really good, but he’s not even a the top 3 lock for in the state players this year.

Not a top 3 lock? He’s second in stare Amin every ranking and likely to move up.

Gatorade player of the year is a great honor but it doesn’t mean you’re the top recruit.

Karen was very good. Gee is right there.
  • Options
    dnc said:

DawgFader said:

Not a top 3 lock? He’s second in stare Amin every ranking and likely to move up.

Gatorade player of the year is a great honor but it doesn’t mean you’re the top recruit.

Karen was very good. Gee is right there.
    WAC level shit.

"Second in-state in every ranking"
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414

DawgFader said:

C’Mon, Karen was the Gatorade National player of the year for god sake.

KAREN!!

Great nickname right there!!!

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,502
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited July 2019

Racanelli is awesome and there isn’t one person who isn’t pumped about him being a Husky, but what does his film “transcend”?
    He reminds me of a bigger Max Borghi who is just as fast. He is really hard to tackle. 2A isnt LA metro catholic school good, obviously, but he is making the kids playing against him look like 6th graders. Sort of like what Rapp was doing at Sehome. Rapp was tough as hell and ready for D1 immediately and was one of our mosy physical players in the playoff.

He doesnt seem to do the camps or FSP stuff and all that, but if you look at the film, to me he is just as good as Scott Jr. Maybe he does get moved to defense, but I can see him running over Pac 12 corners and safeties after the catch.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club
    The butthurt is strong
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

Yeah, he's basically Randy Moss. Cool your jets a little.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Christ. The offer was never a committable one.

Both parties realized it was in their best interest to publicly offer.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,984
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited July 2019
    TommySQC said:

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    TommySQC said:

Lol, wut??
  • Options
    TommySQC said:

This doesn’t sound like something Pete would do
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    Standard Supporter
    At first glance I assumed the recent article was written by a Pete-hating UW fan, but thinking about it, it's exactly what tOSU coaching would want written. Time heals all wounds, so if you think there's any chance he considers flipping to the hometown team, you want those wounds reopened.

You want JR and family and friends reading "We believe in you, they didn't" from as many sources as possible to remind them, and to grow any doubt that exists in UW's ability to evaluate, or help you, your kid, or other high-end recruits succeed. This is especially helpful in undermining recent (and more expected soon) success from UW at keeping local talent like Adams. tOSU isn't blind to the quality of the next few classes of WA HS kids either.

I don't think he's coming to UW, and I wish we? had not evidently singled JR out for exclusion among EC recruits, but either way I wish him well and think he'd have an incredibly bright future at either school.

...but what do I know. I'm always wrong. Where's that "I'll just go fuck myself" gif...?
    Cheers--