Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gee Scott Jr, 4* 2020 WR, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 6/19)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2019

I am sick of these 1 handed practice catches in gloves that catch the ball for you being praised about. That shit is not hard nor is it impressive.

I would expect a guy going to Ohio State to be able to do it, but it’s not that easy. He’s still smooth.
    Let all the haters hate
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I am sick of these 1 handed practice catches in gloves that catch the ball for you being praised about. That shit is not hard nor is it impressive.

I would expect a guy going to Ohio State to be able to do it, but it’s not that easy. He’s still smooth.
    Well then I am excited to see the machine gun triple pass turn around one handed grab play in action!
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    RealRhino said:

Not trying to be a hater, but to me this is like juggling a soccerball; you are practicing a skill that has fuck-all to do with your actual job on the field.

You go out and try to catch balls one-handed during a game and you'll be on the bench, so what are we doing here?

The best way to be sure you'll never be able to make that catch when you need to catch it one handed with a weird angle is by never doing it. If Gee is still catching with his body, I'm with you 100%, but assuming he's using his hands to catch, why not grow your skillset?
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

The point of them is improving hand strength, not actual technique
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,564
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

It’s amazing and kind of dumb that Otton doesn’t wear gloves. Old school, but why not have a much easier time catching the ball, especially for tough catches.

Maybe the sticky gloves make it harder to get away with holding whilst blocking? I dunno. As a gay white man myself, I can confirm that we are weird sometimes.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    OneNipple said:

Take those gloves off and do it with the juice of one freshly squeezed orange slice.....now that is how it is done.

animate said:

I think any decent wr with gloves can do that casually ... Having an aggressive db draped all over you is another matter

Meek said:

It’s funny you guys mention the gloves because I grew up playing without gloves and only recently was in a sporting goods store and saw some football receiver gloves so tried them on and holy shit they are way easier to catch with than even stick um was. They are literally a huge cheat that is somehow legal

Relevant

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    dnc said:

OneNipple said:

Take those gloves off and do it with the juice of one freshly squeezed orange slice.....now that is how it is done.

animate said:

I think any decent wr with gloves can do that casually ... Having an aggressive db draped all over you is another matter

Meek said:

It’s funny you guys mention the gloves because I grew up playing without gloves and only recently was in a sporting goods store and saw some football receiver gloves so tried them on and holy shit they are way easier to catch with than even stick um was. They are literally a huge cheat that is somehow legal

Relevant

yep.

Pro w/r considered one of the best - check
    Big, black dude that can probably palm a basketball - check (just bein' real)

I used to run routes with my bro as teenagers and practice catching with one hand and casually got decent at it. You get that feel and with increased practice it becomes more natural.

Look at any pro level soccer player and they can do crazy control stuff with the ball that you don't normally see ... and then it gets translated onto the pitch with pro level defenders draped all over them. That's the real test.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,860
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

dnc said:

OneNipple said:

animate said:

Meek said:

Relevant

yep.

Pro w/r considered one of the best - check
    Big, black dude that can probably palm a basketball - check (just bein' real)

I used to run routes with my bro as teenagers and practice catching with one hand and casually got decent at it. You get that feel and with increased practice it becomes more natural.

Look at any pro level soccer player and they can do crazy control stuff with the ball that you don't normally see ... and then it gets translated onto the pitch with pro level defenders draped all over them. That's the real test.
    Respek for soccer skills recognition and comparison
  • Options
    Sure glad we have receivers with such legendarily sure hands, as everyone in this thread let me know WDWGeeA.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    so we don't like Puka now?
  • Options

so we don't like Puka now?

While we did have a few more of our trademark drops today, I didn't see any from #MyMagicFeather. I thought he made an NFL quality catch in tight, physical coverage on a short slant, in addition to the TD. Do you not like Puka?
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    montlakemambamontlakemamba Member Posts: 19
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper

your move ryan day...
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Buh bye, Gee! Can't wait to see Senior's meltdown.
  • Options

Buh bye, Gee! Can't wait to see Senior's meltdown.

The fallout will be epic
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Is this why Thielbar left as coach?
  • Options

Is this why Thielbar left as coach?

Correct. Him and their staring qb were kicked of the team as scapegoats
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    what the fuck are you guys talking about?