Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gee Scott Jr, 4* 2020 WR, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 6/19)

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

There's nothing about the article that makes any sense at all ...

If he was as all in on Ohio State as he suggests, he'd spend the balance of his time talking up about everything about Ohio State.

Instead, he's spending the balance of his time talking shit about UW and trying to remind (or convince) everybody that he's 100% to Ohio State.

He either is so severely jilted about UW to the point that he's going to go out of his way to talk shit about them ...

OR

Washington is the hot girl that wasn't giving him the time of day, he totally wanted to be with her, and then now that the hot girl is giving him the attention he's trying to act tough as if he's moved on while deep down knowing that when push comes to shove he's going to get with the hot girl because that's everything he wants

he's hedging ... I just say LIPO ... this is too much TBS stress to worry about ...
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,548
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Agree with others that ive never seen so much media about why a kid isnt going to a school
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Upset at not getting a fifth star? Dood Ohio state and Washington are fighting over you, you’re a billionaire fighting over a dollar right now. I wish he had more confidence in himself to be at peace with his hard work rather than being than his dad looking for clout that really doesn’t fucking matter. Go ask every amazing NFL WR who has a fuck load of money how important some fat white guy calling you a Five Star really is. You’re a beast dood!!! Just project that whoever doesn’t see it is gonna look stupid later. Instead his dad is literally out here stealing from Sam Adams’ moment by clarifying what a hometown hero is because SR wants the hometown hero love after bashing us publicly for how long?

JR is a stud who works his ass off. I wish SR would slow down and realize there is so much more in life than public appreciation.

What? Nfl receivers almost always play with a chip on their shoulder, you think that these guys don't get upset about pro bowl/all pro snubs?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited July 2019
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

If he was as all in on Ohio State as he suggests, he'd spend the balance of his time talking up about everything about Ohio State.

Instead, he's spending the balance of his time talking shit about UW and trying to remind (or convince) everybody that he's 100% to Ohio State.

He either is so severely jilted about UW to the point that he's going to go out of his way to talk shit about them ...

OR

Washington is the hot girl that wasn't giving him the time of day, he totally wanted to be with her, and then now that the hot girl is giving him the attention he's trying to act tough as if he's moved on while deep down knowing that when push comes to shove he's going to get with the hot girl because that's everything he wants

OR for whatever reason the author wanted to pursue the UW angle and asked him specific questions about UW.

I agree there's a lot of smoke and I think he wants to be here, but without seeing video of the questions that were asked there's no way to conclude anything other than this is what the author wanted to write about.
    That.

Reporter: So I'm guessing... {where's this kid from, oh right} Washington was your first offer?
    Gee: Nah man, they didn't offer until a couple weeks ago.
    Report: {Hot damn, something more here than rattling off offer list} Interesting, let's talk about that...
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    bigcc said:

Upset at not getting a fifth star? Dood Ohio state and Washington are fighting over you, you’re a billionaire fighting over a dollar right now. I wish he had more confidence in himself to be at peace with his hard work rather than being than his dad looking for clout that really doesn’t fucking matter. Go ask every amazing NFL WR who has a fuck load of money how important some fat white guy calling you a Five Star really is. You’re a beast dood!!! Just project that whoever doesn’t see it is gonna look stupid later. Instead his dad is literally out here stealing from Sam Adams’ moment by clarifying what a hometown hero is because SR wants the hometown hero love after bashing us publicly for how long?

JR is a stud who works his ass off. I wish SR would slow down and realize there is so much more in life than public appreciation.

What? Nfl receivers almost always play with a chip on their shoulder, you think that these guys don't get upset about pro bowl/all pro snubs?
    Yup. Playing with a chip on your shoulder was definitely being discussed. That’s exactly what I was talking about!! Nice!!

There is nothing wrong with MOTIVATING yourself. Bobby Wagner talks all the time about keeping USC shit hung up on his wall to remind him that they passed on him. Do that with UDUB I don’t care, but PUBLICLY complaining about not getting a 5th star when you are this successful at such a young age isn’t helping you get anywhere. If it’s making you do extra workouts great!! I even said “he works his ass off” and to “project that whoever doesn’t see it now is going to look stupid later”. That would indicate he can have the biggest chip on his shoulder ever and I would understand. This is about public/media relations.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

OR

OR for whatever reason the author wanted to pursue the UW angle and asked him specific questions about UW.

I agree there's a lot of smoke and I think he wants to be here, but without seeing video of the questions that were asked there's no way to conclude anything other than this is what the author wanted to write about.
    That’s fair

But there isn’t a huge angle for an Ohio St writer to go hard down that angle unless that’s where he’s led
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beno4Life said:

vadawg said:

dnc said:

I guess the takeaway there is DJ Rogers has been recruited for awhile?

Also Matt Lubick is the gift that keeps on giving.

Bullshit. This is on fucking Petersen....period. He's the fucking offensive guru, and the fucking CEO of the program...This is the type of story that gets me pissed off about CP and his bullshit attitude toward kids with and edge. He wants fucking choir boys to play a sport that you should want gang bangers instead.
    Maybe Pete is the non-micromanaging CEO? Ever consider that?
    When you're 1-4 in bowl games, and have lost 3 straight New Years day bowls....you'd better become a fucking Micromanaging CEO.

Don't get me wrong, I like CP. But I don't enjoy watching his teams play nor am I happy with his recruiting focus. You can't win a NC with a bunch of choir boys....

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Founders Club
    No one is even mentioning Racanelli even though his film is transcendent.

Before you say "yeah but 2A", Otten, Rapp, and McGary were all 2A and all abused kids in the same fashion in their film
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,487
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    It's over. We have what is shaping up to be a great WR class, regardless. Don't let this happen again with in-state talent. End of discussion.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Before you say "yeah but 2A", Otten, Rapp, and McGary were all 2A and all abused kids in the same fashion in their film

That kid going to be a stud, but probably on defense
  • Options
    GOATGOAT Member Posts: 177
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Transcendent? He has good, not elite WR film.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    GOAT said:

Transcendent? He has good, not elite WR film.
    He runs angry with the ball after the catch. Not a lot of WRs are physical. That's what stands out to me. Wouldnt want to be a corner trying to tackle him in space in 3 years
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

vadawg said:

Beno4Life said:

vadawg said:

dnc said:

I guess the takeaway there is DJ Rogers has been recruited for awhile?

Also Matt Lubick is the gift that keeps on giving.

Bullshit. This is on fucking Petersen....period. He's the fucking offensive guru, and the fucking CEO of the program...This is the type of story that gets me pissed off about CP and his bullshit attitude toward kids with and edge. He wants fucking choir boys to play a sport that you should want gang bangers instead.
    Maybe Pete is the non-micromanaging CEO? Ever consider that?
    When you're 1-4 in bowl games, and have lost 3 straight New Years day bowls....you'd better become a fucking Micromanaging CEO.

Don't get me wrong, I like CP. But I don't enjoy watching his teams play nor am I happy with his recruiting focus. You can't win a NC with a bunch of choir boys....

Can the term choir boys die in a fire on the forum? Thanks
    National championships are not won with choir boys. How does dismissing a kid from the offer sheet when he's just a HS sophomore jive with Petersen's Built for Life shit? How does giving up on him or making an example out of him for the rest of the team help him become a better man? It doesn't.

There are very few things he could have done to deserve not being offered earlier and I don't see any of them being in his character. Shit like smoking weed or knocking out a teammate are not worthy of being dismissed. I would like him even more if he knocked somebody out, especially if it was Van Soderberg. We need some kids with some edge on this fucking team in order to beat teams like Bama, Clemson, Georgia, and Ohio State.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^