Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Da fuq?

15678911»

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

Mosster47 said:

salemcoog said:

Eventually taking measures to protect dozens of Americans from being massacred should trump taking away the fun of unloading 30 rounds in 3 seconds at a target in the woods. You’d think that Congress would have gotten it after the mother of all turkey shoots happened in Vegas. The sad thing is that they still trot out the same tired statement when it happened again Sunday. I guess if it doesn’t happen to your family friends or coworkers than it didn’t happen at all.

Citizens being armed with assault rifles will never stop tyranny in this day and age. If our government wanted to crack down on us, they could do it anytime.

AR 15s have two functions in life. To unload a bunch of rounds with some buddies in the woods. Or to mow down innocent Americans out living their life.

So considering that, who in their right mind can still support further legal purchase of these weapons?

Well said.

As to the the general populous taking on the military it wouldn't even be a contest and it's set up that way. Every military installation inside of the continental US is stockpiled to last seven days without resupply. There is a firearm for every citizen in the country. Most military bases have a tiny small arm supply.

We are designed to unite far away or unite in regions to take on others. If there was a true revolution the military would put up a fight for a few days, but that's it.
    The only way a revolution would succeed in the US would be the same way a revolution has succeeded in pretty much every other country ever - if the military or a substantial portion of the military, sided with the revolution.

Can't speak to the Air Force, but every Army installation has an ASP with a substantial supply of ammunition and we keep the armored vehicles at home station and fall in on forward deployed stocks overseas when we deploy there. Alarge base like Fort Lewis has enough manpower, airpower and bang to take down pretty much every country in the world except Russia, China, Japan, the Koreas, and the larger NATO countries.

Bunch of people with AR's = would get beaten pretty quickly without anti-armor and anti aircraft assets, which they would have to get from a military installation.

Food comes from outside the gate.

Every major post has an airfield. If the Army wants chow, the Army's gonna get chow.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,224 Standard Supporter
    Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

AZDuck said:

Sledog said:

AZDuck said:

Here's the deal:

Mass shooter comes into your church/work area/gay bathhouse.

Assume you're strapped with a semi-automatic pistol. Assume you actually know what you're doing with the damn thing and that you've had some training on firearm handling, safety and use.

That means you've got it on safe, with no round chambered, in a concealed holster.

So, anyway, shooter comes in with AR-15, blazing away. If he doesn't hit you before you even have a chance to react, you still have to draw, take your weapon off safe, and chamber a round, with the usual noise that goes along with that.

The only people I know that should walk around with a round chambered are FBI agents and police detectives, who spend 10 hours in shoot rooms and ranges every week. If that isn't you, you better not have a round chambered in public. If you don't spend lots of time at the range, you maybe shouldn't have a round chambered, no matter how awesome you think you are.

Even the pros fuck up:

So, if shooter hasn't gotten you yet - you now get to aim and fire your short-barrel pistol at the shooter from a range going from anywhere 1 to 30 yards. Again, accuracy depends on practice. How stable are your hands going to be? How sure are you that the guy you are shooting at is the target? What if someone else just drew, and sees you with a pistol in hand and thinks *you're* the shooter? What if the police storm in at that moment, and see you with a drawn pistol ready to fire?

Seem far-fetched? Think again.

In the Gabby Giffords mass killing, that asshole had just been disarmed by an UNARMED BYSTANDER while re-loading his 33-round magazine (again, what if he only had 7-9 rounds rather than 33?). There was a guy with a pistol and a conceal/carry permit who was about to fire on the shooter, but who chose not to draw and assisted the unarmed bystanders with his weapon holstered. He could have been gunned down by police arriving on the scene had he drawn his weapon.

The armed vigilante fantasy is just that.

You obviously know exactly bupkiss about firearms and using them. Holy fuck where did you ever get such bullshit?
    Well, I'm no Superior Court trained firearms sandwich artist. But I do know a few agents and they pretty much all agree with me and get really irritated when they see chuckleheads exercising their carry "right" while flashing people with their muzzles and generally not handling their weapons with the appropriate level of care.

I've also been in some situations where rapid deployment of firearms was called for and let's just say that even people with a goodly amount of training and range experience have variable responses in the real world use of deadly force.

but... you know...

FBI= Famous But Incompetent. Most are lawyers and accountants. Outside HRT etc. who were recruited out of the better military assignments. Know a few good ones.

Yes I do know and have more than a "goodly amount" of training and experience in the real world including when guns come out and actually get used. I personally knew 3 people that have been murdered by firearms and know more that didn't die. But I'm glad your an expert by osmosis.
    My God. This is the longest played out whoosh account ever. You put @MikeSeaver to shame. Well done sir.
    I knew this place was full of slack jawed faggots but the numbers are astounding.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

AZDuck said:

Sledog said:

AZDuck said:

Here's the deal:

Assume you're strapped with a semi-automatic pistol. Assume you actually know what you're doing with the damn thing and that you've had some training on firearm handling, safety and use.

That means you've got it on safe, with no round chambered, in a concealed holster.

So, anyway, shooter comes in with AR-15, blazing away. If he doesn't hit you before you even have a chance to react, you still have to draw, take your weapon off safe, and chamber a round, with the usual noise that goes along with that.

The only people I know that should walk around with a round chambered are FBI agents and police detectives, who spend 10 hours in shoot rooms and ranges every week. If that isn't you, you better not have a round chambered in public. If you don't spend lots of time at the range, you maybe shouldn't have a round chambered, no matter how awesome you think you are.

Even the pros fuck up:

So, if shooter hasn't gotten you yet - you now get to aim and fire your short-barrel pistol at the shooter from a range going from anywhere 1 to 30 yards. Again, accuracy depends on practice. How stable are your hands going to be? How sure are you that the guy you are shooting at is the target? What if someone else just drew, and sees you with a pistol in hand and thinks *you're* the shooter? What if the police storm in at that moment, and see you with a drawn pistol ready to fire?

In the Gabby Giffords mass killing, that asshole had just been disarmed by an UNARMED BYSTANDER while re-loading his 33-round magazine (again, what if he only had 7-9 rounds rather than 33?). There was a guy with a pistol and a conceal/carry permit who was about to fire on the shooter, but who chose not to draw and assisted the unarmed bystanders with his weapon holstered. He could have been gunned down by police arriving on the scene had he drawn his weapon.

You obviously know exactly bupkiss about firearms and using them. Holy fuck where did you ever get such bullshit?
    Well, I'm no Superior Court trained firearms sandwich artist. But I do know a few agents and they pretty much all agree with me and get really irritated when they see chuckleheads exercising their carry "right" while flashing people with their muzzles and generally not handling their weapons with the appropriate level of care.

I've also been in some situations where rapid deployment of firearms was called for and let's just say that even people with a goodly amount of training and range experience have variable responses in the real world use of deadly force.

but... you know...

FBI= Famous But Incompetent. Most are lawyers and accountants. Outside HRT etc. who were recruited out of the better military assignments. Know a few good ones.

Yes I do know and have more than a "goodly amount" of training and experience in the real world including when guns come out and actually get used. I personally knew 3 people that have been murdered by firearms and know more that didn't die. But I'm glad your an expert by osmosis.
    My God. This is the longest played out whoosh account ever. You put @MikeSeaver to shame. Well done sir.
    I knew this place was full of slack jawed faggots but the numbers are astounding.
    It's over. You went too far. We all get the joke now.

You're a fucking pro, man. Go take a victory lap around the rest of the boards before you switch accounts and start a different angle.

Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

AZDuck said:

Sledog said:

AZDuck said:

Here's the deal:

Even the pros fuck up:

but... you know...

I'll bet I could take you down Sledog in a Red Man chewing tobacco spitting contest.
    You could. Smoked years ago but never got into chew.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,029 Founders Club
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

AZDuck said:

Sledog said:

AZDuck said:

Here's the deal:

Even the pros fuck up:

but... you know...

I'll bet I could take you down Sledog in a Red Man chewing tobacco spitting contest.
    You could. Smoked years ago but never got into chew.
    It's a favorite 80's movie scene of mine and I used to chaw a lot of Redman on fishing trips.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    Has anyone here ever had to shoot anyone? Outside of sledog I mean
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    edited November 2017
    phineas said:

Had to? No - I didn't really have to I guess.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,668 Standard Supporter
    phineas said:

Put a gun against his head, pulled the trigger now he's dead.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter

phineas said:

Put a gun against his head, pulled the trigger now he's dead.
    Welcome to the world of AIDS
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    phineas said:

You're watching a young man on the video screen. It's all black and white. Color wouldn't do you much good to be honest. He has a gun, appears to be an AK-47. It's just a Tuesday morning, nothing special, pretty clear out. This young man is on the other side of the world minding his own business this particular morning as you stare in on him through this high tech equipment. He lives in a home most wouldn't allow their pets to live in. He came from nothing, has nothing, and will end that way.

You hear some murmuring behind you and you press a small red button in a sea of small red buttons. They always see it when it's too late. In that split second they both look up at you and lose all hope at the same time.

There is a cloud surrounding where that young man used to be. There are parts of him everywhere like a human swap meet. You make a few notes. You go get up, go take a piss. You wash your hands a little slower than you normally do. You take a deep breath as you look at yourself in the mirror. The guy at the sink next to you is doing the same thing. You don't dare look each other in the eye.

Later in the day you share your notes with others. Sometimes you have a lot, sometimes you don't. You never have none.

That's Tuesday; only three more to go.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I saw that same 60 minutes episode.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,892 Standard Supporter
    Mosster47 said:

phineas said:

You're watching a young man on the video screen. It's all black and white. Color wouldn't do you much good to be honest. He has a gun, appears to be an AK-47. It's just a Tuesday morning, nothing special, pretty clear out. This young man is on the other side of the world minding his own business this particular morning as you stare in on him through this high tech equipment. He lives in a home most wouldn't allow their pets to live in. He came from nothing, has nothing, and will end that way.

You hear some murmuring behind you and you press a small red button in a sea of small red buttons. They always see it when it's too late. In that split second they both look up at you and lose all hope at the same time.

There is a cloud surrounding where that young man used to be. There are parts of him everywhere like a human swap meet. You make a few notes. You go get up, go take a piss. You wash your hands a little slower than you normally do. You take a deep breath as you look at yourself in the mirror. The guy at the sink next to you is doing the same thing. You don't dare look each other in the eye.

Later in the day you share your notes with others. Sometimes you have a lot, sometimes you don't. You never have none.

So, they're letting girls launch drones now?

What an overly-emotional feminine manifesto of feelings. Gag.

Forget the scattered meat and move onto the next kill.

It's a fucking numbers game. Always has been. Always will be.
    Mosster47 said:

phineas said:

Not quite the same as having to see the result your work up close.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    I once shot a man for snoring
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

I once shot load of cum on a man for snoring

FTFY