Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Seahawks pride

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    edited October 2013

Winners win and losers lose. In the NFL a win is a win. The Seahawks are 7-1 with having playing five road games plus injuries. They'll be fine.

probably but the fact that Kellen f****** Clemens have them on the ropes is disturbing
    He didn't do shit. They killed the Hawks on the run and the Hawks offense looked like shit.

Hawks are badly missing Okung and Harvin. Also the play calling and lack of adjustment to shitty OL is troubling.
    He wasn't great but he made some key throws. He's effing horrible.... shouldn't even be on a NFL roster. They were asking for Favre. They (Hawks) played that soft zone garbage which didn't help.

I agree with the second part.
  • 206/802'er reporting for duty.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    CollegeDoog - can you score me some Woodchuck Hard Cider?
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    What is a 253?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    edited October 2013
    TheGlove said:

What is a 253?

Flyover area code. See also 360.
  • CollegeDoog - can you score me some Woodchuck Hard Cider?

Holy shit did not expect anyone to pull that out. I'll throw in some Long Trail Pumpkin Ale before the season ends.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

dnc said:

206 > 253
    Simple fact

Water is wet? Purpose of this thread was to out all the 253'ers, you are now out of the closet
    huh?

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club

TheGlove said:

What is a 253?

Flyover area code. See also 360.
    We'd accept 503 as well
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I grew up on Mercer Island. I think our area code was $$$.

I thought it was called Jew Island?

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club

Game sucked. NFL is extremely hard to predict it can be all over the place sometime. Seahawks squeaked out a win against the Texans on the road and the Rams smashed the them in Houston. So Rams should have killed Seattle at their place right?

Winning on the road ugly is still better than losing pretty.

Rams matched up perfectly against us with our shitty injured O line. They could pretty much play the run since no one could block anybody and their D line would pretty much get into the back field at will.

It was so funny I remember people getting so pissy over a guy who has never played a snap for us getting hurt and when yet just kind of shrugged off 2 tackles getting injured. Tried telling people how much of a bigger blow that was than Percy yet everyone thought I was crazy. I really hate people who don't understand sports in general it is so frustrating.

At least 1 of these people sits behind me at every UW game I've ever gone to.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club

Did you use to exploit the poor on crisp fall days with your dad so you could live there?

Did you use to exploit the poor on crisp fall days with your dad so you could live there?
    LA Coug! True?
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Is Cozetto the Seahawks OL coach too? Looked like it..
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Gladstone said:

This goes on PC in my opinion. We had a really good O line last year because we had our #1 guys in for pretty much the entire year dodging the injury bug. McQuistan is a ginger bag of shit and PC depth is so bad that Seahawks have to start 7th round rookie? He is 4th on the depth chart at tackle?

I hope they really go after some O-Line in the draft as well as a bigger reciever because Sidney Rice is basically Franklin Gutierrez.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,332
    edited October 2013

I'll take any road win in the NFL.

I *heart* Golden Tate. For decades we were just some team that had no identity and no one loved or hated. Now, everyone hates us and our taunting players and our smug coach.

Golden Tate is a baller, but that dude is from Notre Dame, so he should be smarter than that. Start the taunt at the 20, not the 30. Tate was two yards away from being the WR version of Leon Lett.

Gladstone said:

This goes on PC in my opinion. We had a really good O line last year because we had our #1 guys in for pretty much the entire year dodging the injury bug. McQuistan is a ginger bag of shit and PC depth is so bad that Seahawks have to start 7th round rookie? He is 4th on the depth chart at tackle?

I hope they really go after some O-Line in the draft as well as a bigger reciever because Sidney Rice is basically Franklin Gutierrez.
    OL depth is a problem. I think the starting guards are a problem as well, even when healthy, but you can get by with average guards in the NFL. The back up tackles have been a disaster. We are lucky to be 7-1 with those guys playing. Okung and Giacominni can't come back soon enough.

Gladstone said:

OL depth is a problem. I think the starting guards are a problem as well, even when healthy, but you can get by with average guards in the NFL. The back up tackles have been a disaster. We are lucky to be 7-1 with those guys playing. Okung and Giacominni can't come back soon enough.

It's insanely difficult to have OL depth in the NFL with the roster rules and all that.

Gladstone said:

It's insanely difficult to have OL depth in the NFL with the roster rules and all that.
    I agree, but you should be able to have one competent back up tackle, and at least one competent back up interior guy. Roster management has been great under Carroll and Schneider, but the back up tackles are both really bad.

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    dnc said:

206 > 253*

Simple fact

*except for the Roy/McKenna/Yelm metroplex