Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Seahawks pride

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

Gladstone said:

Is Cozetto the Seahawks OL coach too? Looked like it..

This goes on PC in my opinion. We had a really good O line last year because we had our #1 guys in for pretty much the entire year dodging the injury bug. McQuistan is a ginger bag of shit and PC depth is so bad that Seahawks have to start 7th round rookie? He is 4th on the depth chart at tackle?

I hope they really go after some O-Line in the draft as well as a bigger reciever because Sidney Rice is basically Franklin Gutierrez.
    OL depth is a problem. I think the starting guards are a problem as well, even when healthy, but you can get by with average guards in the NFL. The back up tackles have been a disaster. We are lucky to be 7-1 with those guys playing. Okung and Giacominni can't come back soon enough.

Okung can't come back until at least the Saints game and Giacominni still doesn't really have a timeline back. I remember when he first got hurt awhile back it was a week or two so this thing could linger.

Luckily the next 3 games we should still win without them or Percy. For sure win the home games against Tampa Bay and Minnesota, but Atlanta is a dreckfest as well even on the road that should be a win.
    Rumor has it the Seahawks are making a late push for Jared Allen.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Allen is great, but why? Minnesota is not giving him up unless they get a 2nd round pick because they get a 3rd in compensation when they lose Allen in free agency.

Allen is great, but why? Minnesota is not giving him up unless they get a 2nd round pick because they get a 3rd in compensation when they lose Allen in free agency.

PC and JS probably see this as the year. It isn't as if the Seahawks window will close anytime soon, but their roster won't be nearly as talented in a couple years with all the people they have to pay. Some players are going to have to go because ET and Sherman alone are going to be expensive as fuck unless that speech that Erik Spoelstra gave them during training camp about taking less money to win championships actually hit home (yes this actually happened PC brought in Erik Spoelstra to talk to the team).

They probably want to completely load the roster up and give them the best chance to win this year. I think Jared Allen would take somewhat of a paycut but we would have to dump him next season, he probably knows this would be a gift wrapped oppertunity to win a title.

Although a report just came out from Jay Glazer that their is no interest, so Schefter could have ran with a Kim Grinolds type of rumor just to say he was the first to break the news.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    can he play OL
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Adam Schefter reports no longer pushing for allen, I didn't understand why they were in the 1st place
    the way I see it is we're steeling wins on the road right now. This team has GOT to get better if we are going to win the superbowl. But with the guys we got coming back (okung is eligible for the vikings game not saints) and the hope that bevell gets back to RUNNING THE FOOTBALL I expect it to get better
    dhdawg said:

Adam Schefter reports no longer pushing for allen, I didn't understand why they were in the 1st place

They may not have been, like I said before Schefter might have ran with one of his "sources" even if it was a 1/100000000000 chance of being remotely accurate just so he could say he reported the news first. It is a pretty low risk scenario.
    dhdawg said:

Yeah, it made very little sense. Jared Allen is a Pro Bowler who can play for anyone, but we have good DE's already, and the price seemed steep for a rent a player.

I wonder why we didn't try and acquire McKinney or another available tackle?

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    Slightly ot: Martian Lynch can't be flipping off Bevell. He needs to be punished, and I doubt they did much internally.

Slightly ot: Martian Lynch can't be flipping off Bevell. He needs to be punished, and I doubt they did much internally.

disagree, they gave him 8 carries, I think the finger had a lot to do with it. And TBH, I wouldn't mind if he did it again

I am kind of worried about Lynch and Bevell atm. Marshawn look considerably frustrated on the sidelines last night, especially after the 1st and goal from the 2 and he didn't get the ball at all.

Bevell called a shitty game last night, avoided the run and didn't give the line any help even when they were getting torn apart. Reminded me of when the 49ers lost to the Colts at home.

I am kind of worried about Lynch and Bevell atm. Marshawn look considerably frustrated on the sidelines last night, especially after the 1st and goal from the 2 and he didn't get the ball at all.

Bevell called a shitty game last night, avoided the run and didn't give the line any help even when they were getting torn apart. Reminded me of when the 49ers lost to the Colts at home.
    If that's the case Bevell has to go, whether or not Lynch was an ass in flipping him off we had to run the ball to move the clock and protect Wilson and our tackles. Egos can't get in the way of what's best for the team
  • The OL problems are due to injuries. Every NFL team would be in a tough spot on the OL if both their starting tackles were out.

Also Carroll/Schneider have been great at the draft except for two picks. James Carpenter in the 1st appears to be a bust and John Moffitt was more known for getting 86'd from local bars than his actual play was a bust in the third. Those were supposed to be your guards for the next 10 years.

As for Lynch/Bevell, this is where Pete needs to act like a head coach and straighten this out. Come down hard on Lynch that he should never ever disrespect a coach like that again or he's suspended one game. Then come down hard on Bevell that he should never ever let a personal feud get in the way of the team.

Bevell's play calling was getting blasted on ESPN and NFL network last night. He's going to get Russell Wilson killed if he continues this stupidity. Lynch should never only have 8 carries in a game. Also from the one yard line feed Beast instead of put Wilson in a spot where he can get jacked up on back to back plays.

You know your OL is struggling so keep a back and Miller in for protection. Have quick passes or have a draw play. Terrible game plan by Bevell.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Follow the Baltimore blueprint:

Fire the OC and win the Super Bowl.

The OL problems are due to injuries. Every NFL team would be in a tough spot on the OL if both their starting tackles were out.

Also Carroll/Schneider have been great at the draft except for two picks. James Carpenter in the 1st appears to be a bust and John Moffitt was more known for getting 86'd from local bars than his actual play was a bust in the third. Those were supposed to be your guards for the next 10 years.

As for Lynch/Bevell, this is where Pete needs to act like a head coach and straighten this out. Come down hard on Lynch that he should never ever disrespect a coach like that again or he's suspended one game. Then come down hard on Bevell that he should never ever let a personal feud get in the way of the team.

Bevell's play calling was getting blasted on ESPN and NFL network last night. He's going to get Russell Wilson killed if he continues this stupidity. Lynch should never only have 8 carries in a game. Also from the one yard line feed Beast instead of put Wilson in a spot where he can get jacked up on back to back plays.

You know your OL is struggling so keep a back and Miller in for protection. Have quick passes or have a draw play. Terrible game plan by Bevell.

even if Lynch is in the doghouse Turbin and Michael were better options that what we were calling in the game

Not when you are 7-1. I'm not sure who would take over for Bevell. Baltimore had a guy with play calling experience ready to take over for Cameron.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Not when you are 7-1. I'm not sure who would take over for Bevell. Baltimore had a guy with play calling experience ready to take over for Cameron.

WhiskeyDawg is tanned, rested, and ready.

The OL problems are due to injuries. Every NFL team would be in a tough spot on the OL if both their starting tackles were out.

Hopefully these rumors are true about Bevell being a hot commodity for a HC job at the end of the season. The situation with Bradley worked out beautifully. I have no doubt in my mind that with Gus's defense the Rams would have scored on that final drive last night. Probably wouldn't have needed that drive as they would have scored on one of the billion possessions the Rams started at midfield.

I find it funny how people are nitpicking the defense so badly when we got DOMINATED in both the time of possession and field position, it wasn't even close and the defense didn't surrender 1 TD. Sure Clemens was in but the offense sure tried their hardest to give him every chance he needed.

That last drive was a result of the defense being completely gassed because the offense couldn't stay on the field.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Hopefully these rumors are true about Bevell being a hot commodity for a HC job at the end of the season. The situation with Bradley worked out beautifully. I have no doubt in my mind that with Gus's defense the Rams would have scored on that final drive last night. Probably wouldn't have needed that drive as they would have scored on one of the billion possessions the Rams started at midfield.

I find it funny how people are nitpicking the defense so badly when we got DOMINATED in both the time of possession and field position, it wasn't even close and the defense didn't surrender 1 TD. Sure Clemens was in but the offense sure tried their hardest to give him every chance he needed.

That last drive was a result of the defense being completely gassed because the offense couldn't stay on the field.

I like to say 'gassed' as well. I also like to say players are "gassed" if their hands are on their hips or if they are tugging at their shorts. I'm an astute sports guy .