Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kelee Ringo, 5* 2020 DB, Scottsdale (Saguaro), AZ (Offered 12/7/17)

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Not signing til February now. Time for Jimmy and GA to swoop in late and steal one.

Wasnt that always the plan for him?
    No, he was suppose to sign during ESD then announce it at a game in January. I’d say pushing your signing day back right after your offical visit to the school everyone thought you were signing with doesn’t seem great for that school but who knows with recruiting. GA did just snag a kid from LSU also.
    i'd say the kid is an ace negotiator. as far as i 'm aware he still has 3 official visits he can take and you know the 3 highest bidders for those visits will get a chance to close him. why shut down recruiting in december when there is another month+ of revenue to be had?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

Not signing til February now. Time for Jimmy and GA to swoop in late and steal one.

No, he was suppose to sign during ESD then announce it at a game in January. I’d say pushing your signing day back right after your offical visit to the school everyone thought you were signing with doesn’t seem great for that school but who knows with recruiting. GA did just snag a kid from LSU also.
    i'd say the kid's mom is an ace negotiator. as far as i 'm aware he still has 3 official visits he can take and you know the 3 highest bidders for those visits will get a chance to close him. why shut down recruiting in december when there is another month+ of revenue to be had?
    Kelee ain't running this recruitment.

hth
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Highest bidder has the been the plan for awhile I believe, yes.
    Exactly. Price for quantity demanded.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Trust me, Jimmy was waiting to see if he was going to hold off until February to sign. If he indeed waits until February to sign, I expect Jimmy to try to make a push and get him on campus. This is really good news for Washington and gives them a little hope with Ringo.
    That doesn't fit the narrative of the unknowing on here though. UW ain't pay to play. Unless there's something you'd like to share that has changed in the last 3 weeks.
  • Options
    TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Jimmy can make a push to sign him all he wants but has there been any sign he’s interested in playing for Washington?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    DROP THE BAG JIMMY LETS GO!!
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

whuggy said:

Trust me, Jimmy was waiting to see if he was going to hold off until February to sign. If he indeed waits until February to sign, I expect Jimmy to try to make a push and get him on campus. This is really good news for Washington and gives them a little hope with Ringo.
    That doesn't fit the narrative of the unknowing on here though. UW ain't pay to play. Unless there's something you'd like to share that has changed in the last 3 weeks.
    Think the money narrative gets thrown out way to much around here. All I know is his mom isn't a fan of him moving back here and would prefer for him to go elsewhere.
    I understand the ATL thing but playing for an African American Coach like Lake has to weigh pretty good with mom
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

whuggy said:

Think the money narrative gets thrown out way to much around here. All I know is his mom isn't a fan of him moving back here and would prefer for him to go elsewhere.
    Did you ask yourself why though?
  • Options
    TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

whuggy said:

I understand the ATL thing but playing for an African American Coach like Lake has to weigh pretty good with mom
    The black coach argument is dumb. Why wouldn’t he just stay in Arizona then? There’s 2 of them there.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2019

whuggy said:

The black coach argument is dumb. Why wouldn’t he just stay in Arizona then? There’s 2 of them there.
    Because neither of them have proven that they can develop DB's or win. While race isn't the biggest factor, it can definitely help.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

whuggy said:

Because neither of them have proven that they can develop DB's or win. While race isn't the biggest factor, it can definitely help.
    Jimmy has not won shit, Herman at least look competent
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

whuggy said:

Yeah, that doesn't track. Developing a position group isn't even on par with being a good coordinator, which historically has indicated jack shit about potential as a head coach.

If you're looking for something proven and black, it's Herm and end of discussion. Not even close.

Yes, black Sark is clearly a train wreck.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    whuggy said: