Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kelee Ringo, 5* 2020 DB, Scottsdale (Saguaro), AZ (Offered 12/7/17)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    animate said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

He (and mom) want the flash ... UW ain’t that

At this point, whatever

I agree mostly with this sentiment.

Ringo appears to be a smart kid, he knows what's up. It breaks down something like this:

- he understands successful environments. He plays with FSP, trains with FSP even from a longish distance. He has Tracy Ford in his ear ... he understands this at UW while Jimmy Lake is still here.
    - he knows he can succeed and perhaps be developed (far) better at UW than programs like the "bluebloods" or places like Texas and Oregon ...
    - many of his friends and contemporaries are seriously considering or probably going to UW ...
    - he knows that UW is almost there in it's trajectory. Almost. Being a top 10 prospect and with all the competitive and ego trappings that come with it - almost there may not be enough for a guy like him. He may want the validation that an Alabama, Clemson etc can offer. This should not surprise anyone.
    - the bags ... this (from what we appears to understand) that UW does not compete at the same bagman level (for better or worse) than other schools. This probably shouldn't surprise many people. It's no surprise that mom is acutely aware of this and has made moves based on this.
    - if UW was 3-4 years further down the progress curve and really has had sustained highest-end success against the Alabamas and Clemsons then I can see Ringo choosing UW ... but we're not just there yet.

In the end, a confident and competitive Ringo (and mom) will probably settle for taking the up front bag and also figure that the long-game bag and NFL millions will also be there (barring injury etc). Contrast that with less "bag" from UW but probably better long-game securement and it's a current choice for Ringo for the former.

It is what it is.
    We don't compete at the bag level at all. They don't pay kids at all. Not a single one. There is no "less bag" being offered. They offer a scholarship and NFL development, that's it. That puts us completely out of the running for some kids.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,866
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    She’s probably pissed at kelee for the stretch marks and that’s why she’s leading the bag man deals.

Shits not cheap to fix... I know, well, I’ve priced it I mean.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

He (and mom) want the flash ... UW ain’t that

At this point, whatever

I agree mostly with this sentiment.

Ringo appears to be a smart kid, he knows what's up. It breaks down something like this:

- he understands successful environments. He plays with FSP, trains with FSP even from a longish distance. He has Tracy Ford in his ear ... he understands this at UW while Jimmy Lake is still here.
    - he knows he can succeed and perhaps be developed (far) better at UW than programs like the "bluebloods" or places like Texas and Oregon ...
    - many of his friends and contemporaries are seriously considering or probably going to UW ...
    - he knows that UW is almost there in it's trajectory. Almost. Being a top 10 prospect and with all the competitive and ego trappings that come with it - almost there may not be enough for a guy like him. He may want the validation that an Alabama, Clemson etc can offer. This should not surprise anyone.
    - the bags ... this (from what we appears to understand) that UW does not compete at the same bagman level (for better or worse) than other schools. This probably shouldn't surprise many people. It's no surprise that mom is acutely aware of this and has made moves based on this.
    - if UW was 3-4 years further down the progress curve and really has had sustained highest-end success against the Alabamas and Clemsons then I can see Ringo choosing UW ... but we're not just there yet.

In the end, a confident and competitive Ringo (and mom) will probably settle for taking the up front bag and also figure that the long-game bag and NFL millions will also be there (barring injury etc). Contrast that with less "bag" from UW but probably better long-game securement and it's a current choice for Ringo for the former.

It is what it is.
    Doesn't explain Oregon on the list. Only a bag does.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

C’Mon Jimmy!!! Her kid is a DB. Get back in there already.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Angulo finally put in his CB for Georgia.

We knew it was coming but it doesn’t hurt any less. This year for DBs is weird. All Lake has done is put DBs in the NFL in the high rounds, and they were lowly regarded recruits.

Just felt like this was the year Ringo and Ransom would be lined up to become 1st rounders.

Never going to make sense to me especially with Ringo balling out with FSP. The only thing I can think of is that all the top west coast guys are going east.

DJ, Ringo, Ricks, Phillips, Milton, Robinson, Ngata, Baker, Scott Jr, Ransom, and likely Smalls.

Flowe

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    dnc said:

We knew it was coming but it doesn’t hurt any less. This year for DBs is weird. All Lake has done is put DBs in the NFL in the high rounds, and they were lowly regarded recruits.

Just felt like this was the year Ringo and Ransom would be lined up to become 1st rounders.

Never going to make sense to me especially with Ringo balling out with FSP. The only thing I can think of is that all the top west coast guys are going east.

DJ, Ringo, Ricks, Phillips, Milton, Robinson, Ngata, Baker, Scott Jr, Ransom, and likely Smalls.

Flowe

Waffled on adding him. Feel he will stay home at USC once Urban takes over.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2019
    Not a big fan of Ransom. 4.5 shuttle is concerning...

Ringo lollllll. UGA has a blank check waiting just for mama.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Are you insinuating someone is damaged goods?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,203
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not a big fan of Ransom. 4.5 shuttle is concerning...

Ringo lollllll. UGA has a blank check waiting just for mama.

Yeah, too bad Adidas mostly just pays for BBall recruits. Just gotta keep pushing the money now(bags) vs. money later(NFL) angle in DB recruiting. We also need to win something big to make staying home on the West Coast the move.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I think I'd rather have Kelee at Texas. I'm tired of the SEC taking our? kids.
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    If Urbz goes to SC I'm committing seppuku
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Well, good luck to kelee.

Kinda feels like a "would have no problem going to Washington but the bag is pretty light compared to what other schools are willing to do for mama/himself ... "

He's also betting on himself that they can secure the college bag and still develop enough or get enough exposure to secure the 1st/2nd round NFL bag. We'll see.
  • Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,473
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Beno4Life said:

Per the list @DoogCourics just noted, this 2020 class, Pac-12 league wide, has been the first real recruiting referendum on the conference. That's a ton of elite talent in the footprint leaving to the bright lights. It's hard to muzzle the inner Doog in me, especially as it relates to DBs and any defensive player thriving in our system, but I get it. The Pac-12 just seems boring, comparatively.

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,203
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Beno4Life said:

Per the list @DoogCourics just noted, this 2020 class, Pac-12 league wide, has been the first real recruiting referendum on the conference. That's a ton of elite talent in the footprint leaving to the bright lights. It's hard to muzzle the inner Doog in me, especially as it relates to DBs and any defensive player thriving in our system, but I get it. The Pac-12 just seems boring, comparatively.

Cherry picked statistic. That's like saying, here's the entire PAC 12's record vs. the top 3 SEC teams over the last 3 years.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    I like Hector and Smith more than Ringo anyways.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I like Hector and Smith more than Ringo anyways.

Bruh what