Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kelee Ringo, 5* 2020 DB, Scottsdale (Saguaro), AZ (Offered 12/7/17)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I like Hector and Smith more than Ringo anyways.

Doog
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2019
    animate said:

Well, good luck to kelee.

Kinda feels like a "would have no problem going to Washington but the bag is pretty light compared to what other schools are willing to do for mama/himself ... "

He's also betting on himself that they can secure the college bag and still develop enough or get enough exposure to secure the 1st/2nd round NFL bag. We'll see.

How is that betting on himself? Are you implying that he would get more exposure here? Georgia also had a cb go in the 1st round a couple picks ahead of Murphy ...
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

• Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    All in on this kid and his mom.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

I remember a poaster who said Shane Brostek was a better OL prospect than Joshua Garnett.

That's about all I can compare this to.
    Michael Kneip was a better athlete with more long term potential than Garnett too.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2019
    guntlove said:

Angulo finally put in his CB for Georgia.

We knew it was coming but it doesn’t hurt any less. This year for DBs is weird. All Lake has done is put DBs in the NFL in the high rounds, and they were lowly regarded recruits.

Just felt like this was the year Ringo and Ransom would be lined up to become 1st rounders.

Never going to make sense to me especially with Ringo balling out with FSP. The only thing I can think of is that all the top west coast guys are going east.

DJ, Ringo, Ricks, Phillips, Milton, Robinson, Ngata, Baker, Scott Jr, Ransom, and likely Smalls.

I have no idea what's going on this year at DB. It's been kind of mystifying. Especially considering we have two guys recruiting the position.

And it hasn't always been lowly regarded recruits with Jimmy.... he turned Sidney Jones and Jordan Miller into NFL draft picks, but he's also landed really highly rated dudes like Baker, Murphy, Irvin, McDuffie, Taylor, McCinney, Gordon.

Esteen, Smith, and Hector are solid prospects.... But given Jimmy, and our recent track record of sending kids to the NFL, I thought we'd have a really good shot with Ransom and Ringo, but we weren't even in the fucking picture. I'm not saying a world exists where Jimmy No Testicles is damaged goods, so please refrain from twisting, but not even coming close with Ringo... given his FSP and Northwest connections, feels like a fail to me.

Anyhoo... getting Covington, Hector, Smith, and Esteen would be a decent haul... And Jimmy will get the best out of them - just would've loved see what he could've done with a talent like Ringo.
    I said lightly regarded because I was only talking about drafted players, not his most recent recruiting hauls. But that does leave out Baker and Murphy which is a mistake.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,934
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not a big fan of Ransom. 4.5 shuttle is concerning...

Ringo lollllll. UGA has a blank check waiting just for mama.

She’s worth every penny.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

She’s worth every pemmy.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We knew it was coming but it doesn’t hurt any less. This year for DBs is weird. All Lake has done is put DBs in the NFL in the high rounds, and they were lowly regarded recruits.

Just felt like this was the year Ringo and Ransom would be lined up to become 1st rounders.

Never going to make sense to me especially with Ringo balling out with FSP. The only thing I can think of is that all the top west coast guys are going east.

DJ, Ringo, Ricks, Phillips, Milton, Robinson, Ngata, Baker, Scott Jr, Ransom, and likely Smalls.

He gone.

And I’m not talking about Ringo.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Domicillo said:

He gone.

And I’m not talking about Ringo.
    AWCE
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    bigcc said:

animate said:

Well, good luck to kelee.

Kinda feels like a "would have no problem going to Washington but the bag is pretty light compared to what other schools are willing to do for mama/himself ... "

He's also betting on himself that they can secure the college bag and still develop enough or get enough exposure to secure the 1st/2nd round NFL bag. We'll see.

How is that betting on himself? Are you implying that he would get more exposure here? Georgia also had a cb go in the 1st round a couple picks ahead of Murphy ...
    Betting on himself.

Meaning that he can go to where it benefits him and his mom financially (speculation lol) and still make the first 2 rounds of the NFL draft - that's not UW.

He's got the talent and skills and potential. Going somewhere like Georgia is no stretch as they have top end talent there that he can compete with anyways.

He will develop to some degree that he can disregard the development angle that Washington and lake can offer.

Plus he doesn't have to buy into the okg angle/restrictions because of reasons even though he's connected to FSP and Seattle ... nowadays he's a talented mercenary. Schools need him and not necessarily the other way round.

I'm just sayin...
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Beno4Life said:

Per the list @DoogCourics just noted, this 2020 class, Pac-12 league wide, has been the first real recruiting referendum on the conference. That's a ton of elite talent in the footprint leaving to the bright lights. It's hard to muzzle the inner Doog in me, especially as it relates to DBs and any defensive player thriving in our system, but I get it. The Pac-12 just seems boring, comparatively.

Cherry picked statistic. That's like saying, here's the entire PAC 12's record vs. the top 3 SEC teams over the last 3 years.
    To not have a single team with a winning record against the top 25 over a three year stretch is significant. We're the only conference that can say that.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Georgia is a far better option than Texas ... so if those were the top 2 he definitely made the right choice

Good news for Dennis is the opportunity to run into Mama Ringo in the ATL ...