Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jeremiah Martin, 2018 4* BUCK, San Bernardino (Cajon), CA (OFFERED 9/27)

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2018
    [Doogbot doog response warning] Maybe, with reduced responsibilities as a co-DC and some more time spent with Lake coach K can become a better recruiter. It's obvious he is making an effort to improve and maybe with the new coaching structure he can become at least an average recruiter.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    MelloDawg said:

Can we get back to if we have a shot at this kid? That tends to get lost between the sexual releases exchanged between people when they discuss a coach's ability to recruit in a thread about a player's recruitment

Ruth seems to think we do. That’s the only person I’ve seen who thinks we have a shot.

Maybe she knows something we don’t.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

So, TAMU had pulled this guy from Green Bay to Coach DLs for them, Jerry Montgomery who is a big time recruiter.

It looks like he's decided to go back to Green Bay. I'm not sure this will really affect things, but if Martin does actually visit on the last weekend, we could finish at least third!

Actually A&M has separate Defensive End and Defensive Tackle coaches, Montgomery was their D Tackle coach.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

So, TAMU had pulled this guy from Green Bay to Coach DLs for them, Jerry Montgomery who is a big time recruiter.

It looks like he's decided to go back to Green Bay. I'm not sure this will really affect things, but if Martin does actually visit on the last weekend, we could finish at least third!

Actually A&M has separate Defensive End and Defensive Tackle coaches, Montgomery was their D Tackle coach.
    Yeah - I know. And they retained him from the old staff... but there was speculation that Montgomery was going to be involved with the recruitment of Martin as well.

Just an FYI
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

MelloDawg said:

Can we get back to if we have a shot at this kid? That tends to get lost between the sexual releases exchanged between people when they discuss a coach's ability to recruit in a thread about a player's recruitment

Ruth seems to think we do. That’s the only person I’ve seen who thinks we have a shot.

Go ahead and fuck her. Get that shit out of the way then hit her up for some Doog pillow talk and get the deets.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,167
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

MelloDawg said:

Come on, you don't appreciate Eklard's will they, won't they half and half howdy doody, passive aggresive non answers?
  • Options
    BabsGilbyTawdTyBabsGilbyTawdTy Member Posts: 1,058
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited January 2018

Ruth is the best source for info in general.

Has Ruth told you yet that Tre'Shawn Harrison isn't going qualify?

And therefore all the commotion about him not going to UW means nothing.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Ruth is the best source for info in general.y

Has Ruth told you yet that Tre'Shawn Harrison isn't going qualify?
    Even back a few months ago when her new site was free, she was adamant that Tre’Shaun was completely out of the picture. And hasn’t reported on him at all for a long time. For what that’s worth...
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

MelloDawg said:

Eklund also seems to think UW will get him now that he didn't commit to Oregon.

Getting that "last visit" is usually a pretty good sign as long as they take it.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

MelloDawg said:

Eklund also seems to think UW will get him now that he didn't commit to Oregon.

Getting that "last visit" is usually a pretty good sign as long as they take it.
    Great. We’re screwed.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I NEVER said that Lake should be fired ...

What I said was that IF Lake whiffed we had to have an honest discussion as to WHY he whiffed and be prepared to mitigate in the future

Yes, I did mention as part of the above that it could be possible that we would be better off with 3-5 years of Gerald Alexander vs 1 year of Jimmy Lake as part of that ...

Some of you really do read at a level that wouldn’t get you qualified to be a NCAA student athlete ... that and your personal biases get you to interpret what you read as reading it how you want to read it.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2018
    Tequilla said:

I NEVER said that Lake should be fired ...

What I said was that IF Lake whiffed we had to have an honest discussion as to WHY he whiffed and be prepared to mitigate in the future

Yes, I did mention as part of the above that it could be possible that we would be better off with 3-5 years of Gerald Alexander vs 1 year of Jimmy Lake as part of that ...

Some of you really do read at a level that wouldn’t get you qualified to be a NCAA student athlete ... that and your personal biases get you to interpret what you read as reading it how you want to read it.