Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jeremiah Martin, 2018 4* BUCK, San Bernardino (Cajon), CA (OFFERED 9/27)

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

If we get Irvin and Martin I’ll drink on the pod.

I volunteer to be your Spirit guide during your descent into alcoholism. I'll be gentle.
    fixed
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Passion said:

His 'new' visit date is apparently February 2. Will Pete get him up here?

He's been set for a Feb 2 visit for a while now. Have to think there is a real shot.

For USC to swoop in and take him.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

If we get Irvin and Martin I’ll drink on the pod.

I volunteer to be your guide during your descent into alcoholism. I'll be gentle.
    I prefer a 40 story plunge over a descent.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2018
    Wiltfong CB to the Fighting Jimbos
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    BallzDeep said:

BlastDoor said:

Amazing that through the coaching change his interest in A&M hasn't wavered at all. Either he's been contacted by a bag man or he got some bomb ass pussy on his A&M visit and is highly interested no matter who the coach is. We're fucked. Coach K fucking sucks. Shit the bed recruiting pass rushers again. Couldn't even beat out LA Tech for Maureese Wren.
    A&M got better coaches, why would that make him lose interest?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

BallzDeep said:

BlastDoor said:

Amazing that through the coaching change his interest in A&M hasn't wavered at all. Either he's been contacted by a bag man or he got some bomb ass pussy on his A&M visit and is highly interested no matter who the coach is. We're fucked. Coach K fucking sucks. Shit the bed recruiting pass rushers again. Couldn't even beat out LA Tech for Maureese Wren.
    I think Wren is a bad example... that kid is even more mentally fucked about wanting to play WR than Tre'Shaun is, cause he isn't even D1-caliber at that position.

We didn't lose to LA Tech... LA Tech was just the only school that was alright with taking him as a WR
    We told him he could play WR here as well, btw and rush the QB 'on 3rd downs'.

So, fuck off with this shit.

K can't recruit.

He's trying like crazy—and it may pay off next year because clearly he got religion half way through this recruiting cycle—but he's going to get blanked this year.

Good thing it's not an important position he recruits.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    BallzDeep said:

dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

BallzDeep said:

BlastDoor said:

I think Wren is a bad example... that kid is even more mentally fucked about wanting to play WR than Tre'Shaun is, cause he isn't even D1-caliber at that position.

We didn't lose to LA Tech... LA Tech was just the only school that was alright with taking him as a WR

K can't recruit.

He's trying like crazy—and it may pay off next year because clearly he got religion half way through this recruiting cycle—but he's going to get blanked this year.

Calling bullshit on this. For one, if that’s the case whiffing is on Lubick not K. Two, we told Wreb he could play WR but not TreShaun? Three, no way he picked La Tech over a string power 5 team that wanted him to play both ways.

That’s some pure fantasy shit.
    A loss is a loss. We wanted him and didn't get him.
    No we fucking didnt. If you think UW was going hard after that kid and got out recruited by LA Tech, you're FS.
  • Options
    Doogs are always humorless when they are defending their precious Doog low-standards worldview.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited January 2018
    BallzDeep said:

dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

BallzDeep said:

BlastDoor said:

K can't recruit.

Calling bullshit on this. For one, if that’s the case whiffing is on Lubick not K. Two, we told Wreb he could play WR but not TreShaun? Three, no way he picked La Tech over a string power 5 team that wanted him to play both ways.

"Wanted" and "would have taken" are different things. I see Wren in the Liu/Newton/Ale class of "we have a scholarship for him if he wants it" but not the "we are actively working to get this kid in our program.

I get it, we offered, he went elsewhere, that sucks. I don't think the staff lost a lot of sleep over this one though.
  • Options
    dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

BallzDeep said:

BlastDoor said:

K can't recruit.

"Wanted" and "would have taken" are different things. I see Wren in the Liu/Newton/Ale class of "we have a scholarship for him if he wants it" but not the "we are actively working to get this kid in our program.

I get it, we offered, he went elsewhere, that sucks. I don't think the staff lost a lot of sleep over this one though.
    So, WDRWHA is the new WDWHA?
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam
    undefined
    Because the kid knew he wouldnt see a snap on offense.
  • Options
    BallzDeep said:

@bananasnblondes @dnc Coach K and Coach Lubick were fucking double teaming him. Coach K flew all the way to Texas to do an in-home visit with him. When he decommitted from Arkansas they were all over him. They were telling him what he wanted to hear which they rarely do. They wanted him and lost. Period.

Don't bother. Don't you get it...!?!?! It's no one's fault!!!!!

The Doog song plays on:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pekhxxngQ3s
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

A kid who had a dozen P5 offers and chose to go to LA Tech is fucking weird. Wren alone is not evidence of bad recruiting. Getting 0 Bucks this year is evidence of bad recruiting

This so much. It’s not on K that Wren is a dumbass... it’s on K that we have so few other options at the OLB/DE position.

I’m waiting for Jeremiah Martin to officially commit elsewhere before I start equating K to Pease/Strausser... but it’s definitely trending towards that