Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jeremiah Martin, 2018 4* BUCK, San Bernardino (Cajon), CA (OFFERED 9/27)

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Where is Greyson Gunheim when you need him?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,568
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

JECAR said:

Yeah, let’s just act like everything is perfect because we are picked to win a conference that has 1 good team with an awful coach...

If USC had Pete and we had Helton it would be 2005 all over again.

If the queen had a dick, she would be the king. Fuck off with this hypothetical bullshit. Talk about fucking doog...
    Why does this website have the highest expectations about everything in the program, but in recruiting those expectations are just not there?

I am honestly asking for an answer.
    Because we want to see tryhard whites from our tryhard white high schools play for our daWgs
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

BallzDeep said:

@bananasnblondes @dnc Coach K and Coach Lubick were fucking double teaming him. Coach K flew all the way to Texas to do an in-home visit with him. When he decommitted from Arkansas they were all over him. They were telling him what he wanted to hear which they rarely do. They wanted him and lost. Period.

Don't bother. Don't you get it...!?!?! It's no one's fault!!!!!

The Doog song plays on:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pekhxxngQ3s
    That's a great song ... but I don't picture K playing that song in his reflective moments.

Snapshot of K's reflective moment ...

With the following on an endless loop ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdqoNKCCt7A
  • Options

BallzDeep said:

BlastDoor said:

Wiltfong CB to the Fighting Jimbos

Amazing that through the coaching change his interest in A&M hasn't wavered at all. Either he's been contacted by a bag man or he got some bomb ass pussy on his A&M visit and is highly interested no matter who the coach is. We're fucked. Coach K fucking sucks. Shit the bed recruiting pass rushers again. Couldn't even beat out LA Tech for Maureese Wren.
    You are a faggot. We’re the favorites to win the PAC 12 next year.
    Not this again. Why can’t people be excited about the coming season and still expect more? I will never understand.
    Because if you measure success purely by do you win the National Championship you are bound to be perpetually miserable ...

The keys to success are, and always will be:

1) Win the North

2) Win the PAC12

3) Make at minimum New Year's 6 Game (bonus points for making CFP)

4) Win 1st Bowl Game

5) If in CFP and win Semi ... win National Title

In 2016 we accomplished 1, 2, and 3 with a star

In 2017 we accomplished only #3 with no star

Last year felt like a failure because of those standards

2016 was a really good year.

If we're lucky we'll accomplish all 5.

Accomplishing 1-4 is an excellent year.
  • Options

JECAR said:

Yeah, let’s just act like everything is perfect because we are picked to win a conference that has 1 good team with an awful coach...

If USC had Pete and we had Helton it would be 2005 all over again.

If the queen had a dick, she would be the king. Fuck off with this hypothetical bullshit. Talk about fucking doog...
    Why does this website have the highest expectations about everything in the program, but in recruiting those expectations are just not there?

I am honestly asking for an answer.
    What honestly are the expectations?

We're likely going to end somewhere around Top 15 in the nation and 2nd in the conference in terms of quality. This is a class that you can absolutely win big with and will have a handful of instant difference makers.

If the thought is that we're going to be a Top 3 or 5 recruiting program in the country, that's just not realistic. I'd love for it to happen. You strive to accomplish it as a stretch goal. But you don't look at a Top 10 or 15 class and act like it sucks because it's not Top 5.

The recipe at Washington is really simple ...

Recruit at a comparable level to SC (we'll very rarely ever out-recruit them)

Beat everybody else in the conference

Rely on talent evaluation and player development to hold our own against the elite programs

Have a QB that doesn't have a noodle arm and can take advantage of teams that have elite athletes on defense but are not fundamentally sound
  • Options

BallzDeep said:

BlastDoor said:

Amazing that through the coaching change his interest in A&M hasn't wavered at all. Either he's been contacted by a bag man or he got some bomb ass pussy on his A&M visit and is highly interested no matter who the coach is. We're fucked. Coach K fucking sucks. Shit the bed recruiting pass rushers again. Couldn't even beat out LA Tech for Maureese Wren.
    Not this again. Why can’t people be excited about the coming season and still expect more? I will never understand.
    One week we have a great class, the next it sucks. One week Bob Gregory needs to be fired, the next we reel in Kaho.

There was a genuinely serious duscussion about whether we would be better off without Lake because he hadn’t closed on a few guys. Then he gets Gordon and he’s a God again.

I guess I can’t deal with the ups and downs of recuriting sometimes because it’s fucking stupid.

I get that it’s for fun, but Fuck, it's just not funny anymore. It's like revenge of the nerds around here. Goes to show 80% of you guys around here are fucking geeks. Post (oh I'm supposed to say 'poast' hee hee) something refreshing. Teen boi to the Seattle storm! Hardy har har. Fucking dweeb round here now. That's what happens when you invite too many dawgmen over. Close the fucking gates Derek.
    Hell must be freezing over when I'm finding myself agreeing with Roadie

A kid like Kaho we connected with ... he's elite and special. Our job and challenge will be finding more kids like him. Dennis is right that it's harder to find elite slow style kids than fast style kids ... but it's not impossible.

The Lake discussion to me had everything to do with succession planning and was never about his coaching. If you're thinking strategically, succession planning is a huge issue. If Jimmy Lake isn't being successful in recruiting, then you know something stinks as his track record shows he's a high producer. We found a massively outside of the box solution to the problem and we're going to (hopefully) be better for it over the next few years.

I honestly don't give 2 shits about whether or not Kwiatkowski can recruit or not. He's a tremendous DC and for coordinators I care only so much about recruiting. At some point, results matter.

This program is obviously at or near the top of the PAC 12 and there is no reason to believe that it won't continue to stay there. The arguments at this point in the program are about how we can incrementally get better. It's all about optimization.

Let's be honest, K's not getting fired or moved on from regardless of what he does recruiting unless he does an absolute no show for years and shows up fat, drunk, and stupid unprepared to be a DC. So while we can talk about how it'd sure be nice if he recruited better ... there's nothing to see here because he'll obviously be here on staff mentoring Lake as DC and pick the reigns back up full time once Lake takes a HC somewhere.
  • Options

BallzDeep said:

BlastDoor said:

One week we have a great class, the next it sucks. One week Bob Gregory needs to be fired, the next we reel in Kaho.

We can always improve. You guys are entertaining and I follow everything with UW football, but we aren’t fucked. We are good and will continue to be good. Recruiting has gradually gotten better.

There was a genuinely serious duscussion about whether we would be better off without Lake because he hadn’t closed on a few guys. Then he gets Gordon and he’s a God again.

I guess I can’t deal with the ups and downs of recuriting sometimes because it’s fucking stupid.

I get that it’s for fun, but Fuck, it's just not funny anymore. It's like revenge of the nerds around here. Goes to show 80% of you guys around here are fucking geeks. Post (oh I'm supposed to say 'poast' hee hee) something refreshing. Teen boi to the Seattle storm! Hardy har har. Fucking dweeb round here now. That's what happens when you invite too many dawgmen over. Close the fucking gates Derek.
    It is a great class that we signed early, it is clearly missing in some spots though. Do you not agree?

I just want the best of everything, and it’s so weird that so many on this board just don’t feel the same about recruiting and expecting our coaches to be good at it.
    It's a shit year for RBs on the West Coast ... we got a shit RB ... whatever.

I'm still not convinced that part of the equation as to why we aren't great recruiting OLBs, and particularly massive pass rushers, has something to do with the way we build and play our defense.

We play a lot more containment in our defense and ask our OLBs to drop into coverage and play in space way more than a lot of other teams. I remember in 2014 and we were asking Kikaha to drop into space a ton people were going ape shit about it. It's something that obviously will be asked of a player at that position in the NFL and we're preparing players for the leap.

However, to a kid coming out of HS that was a pass rusher there, all they think about is that if they get their 10 sacks a year in college they'll get their 1st round money and then when they get their 10 sacks in the NFL they'll get that massive 2nd check. Problem is few are able to do that. Good luck telling a HS kid that thinks he's elite that that's the case ... particularly if they are of the fast style variety.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,310
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Passion said:

Why do we always have at least one position that we are completely inept at recruiting? Under Pease it was WRs. Then with Strausser it was OLs.

For the past couple years it’s edge pass rushers.

FYFMFE

Because of white coaches.

White coaches should always be viewed with extreme skepticism. If they haven’t proven they can recruit, they probably can’t.

Pete is changing his ways, but his comfort zone is to be surrounded by a bunch of slow strategy white dudes.
    I have never hated white people more than right fucking now.
    That's because your memory is shit from booze and cocaine
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

NEsnake12 said:

BallzDeep said:

BlastDoor said:

We can always improve. You guys are entertaining and I follow everything with UW football, but we aren’t fucked. We are good and will continue to be good. Recruiting has gradually gotten better.

I think Roadie hit the nail on the head here... this is the fundamental problem with the recruiting bored. We all want UW to improve and do the best it possibly can in recruiting, no one is arguing that... but that mentality causes a TON of impatience.

Before Gordon committed, some people were panicking about Lake's recruiting because the *possibility* of him missing out on most of the top DB targets was very real. Same with Malloe and DL recruiting before Taimani committed. It's really easy and justifiable to be negative about recruiting in those situations because the results we want aren't happening yet, and it's possible that it'll stay that way.

The rational thing to do is always LIPO until signing day, and if by then it still sucks then everyone should be calling for the heads of the coaches that fucked up their recruiting. BUT like I said, the impatience the recruiting process causes leaves this bored panicking prematurely.

If Coach K pulls magic out of his ass and lands Jeremiah Martin, the narrative on his recruiting would change fast around here. If signing day 2 passes and we whiff on him, I'll be as mad as DDY and BallzDeep about it. But until then... LIFPO.
    This post is one of the reasons I left dawgman, it happened so much. I don’t disagree with you, but also you bring it up yourself in the post...

I want results, IF Kwat lands Martin my tone will change on him. Isn’t that the point of HH, to hold everyone to a high standard and if they can’t meet them we yell at them until they do or they are fired (not saying we should fire Kwat, to be clear)? Expecting results, understanding what the current trend is and then reacting accordingly when the event happens.

It’s like during a game, people freak out in game threads and then when/if we win the game things can change or they might not. There is no difference in my mind, it’s just that the process is longer in recruiting.
    What I learned in this post ...

(Violent) Mood Swings with a touch of bipolar = Good

Reasoning and Patience = Bad
    Am I right to infer you disagree with this? I suppose reasoning, patience and other mental gymnastics/coping mechanisms will serve you well when your wife tells you she wants an open marriage.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

NEsnake12 said:

BallzDeep said:

BlastDoor said:

I think Roadie hit the nail on the head here... this is the fundamental problem with the recruiting bored. We all want UW to improve and do the best it possibly can in recruiting, no one is arguing that... but that mentality causes a TON of impatience.

Before Gordon committed, some people were panicking about Lake's recruiting because the *possibility* of him missing out on most of the top DB targets was very real. Same with Malloe and DL recruiting before Taimani committed. It's really easy and justifiable to be negative about recruiting in those situations because the results we want aren't happening yet, and it's possible that it'll stay that way.

The rational thing to do is always LIPO until signing day, and if by then it still sucks then everyone should be calling for the heads of the coaches that fucked up their recruiting. BUT like I said, the impatience the recruiting process causes leaves this bored panicking prematurely.

If Coach K pulls magic out of his ass and lands Jeremiah Martin, the narrative on his recruiting would change fast around here. If signing day 2 passes and we whiff on him, I'll be as mad as DDY and BallzDeep about it. But until then... LIFPO.
    This post is one of the reasons I left dawgman, it happened so much. I don’t disagree with you, but also you bring it up yourself in the post...

I want results, IF Kwat lands Martin my tone will change on him. Isn’t that the point of HH, to hold everyone to a high standard and if they can’t meet them we yell at them until they do or they are fired (not saying we should fire Kwat, to be clear)? Expecting results, understanding what the current trend is and then reacting accordingly when the event happens.

It’s like during a game, people freak out in game threads and then when/if we win the game things can change or they might not. There is no difference in my mind, it’s just that the process is longer in recruiting.
    What I learned in this post ...

(Violent) Mood Swings with a touch of bipolar = Good

Reasoning and Patience = Bad
    Is that a Tequilla quintuple post I spy
  • Options
    YouNeed2ChillYouNeed2Chill Member Posts: 57
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Nobody wants coach K gone. We just need someone else to recruit OLB’s because he’s fucking terrible at it.

OLB is the only position besides DT where we just throw out offers to guys not in our natural pipeline. You think we’re gonna land that kid from fucking Kansas that we just offered? There’s basically a negative percent chance that happens.