Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

"We've only been an elite program again for 1 year"

124»

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,156
    Baseman said:

AEB said:

Fine. I accept the scorn. Furthermore, I accept the DDY tiered ranking of deuce. I’m full on Doog right now and in the preason poll, I stated I was still “happy to be here” and “not critical yet.” I still think the stadium getting done with a shitbag program was a huge signal to us being elite (defined now as tier deuce). Some Luddite mentioned ATM as a comp - yes, based on their financial backing and maneuvering into the SEC, ATM is a great comp and proof we aren’t shit. They even have their own Sark. Finally, UW has no single benefactor, an even bigger signal of our eliteness, and very much unlike our grellow, gas pumping, power bottom state neighbor or Okie State for examples.

Ahem. Big and Elite, you say?
    Time for my cool story bro story.

I had a two week email argument going with that fucker in 2007 over his shit-show defense and propensity to play corners 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. He actually invited me to attend a practice as his guest to SAY IT TO HIS FACE. When I attempted to cash in on the offer he redirected and told me I didn't know shit about coaching defense (which to his credit was true). Baer was a fucktard and should have performed seppuku on the 50 yard line.

No screenshots, unfortunately.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Baseman said:

AEB said:

Fine. I accept the scorn. Furthermore, I accept the DDY tiered ranking of deuce. I’m full on Doog right now and in the preason poll, I stated I was still “happy to be here” and “not critical yet.” I still think the stadium getting done with a shitbag program was a huge signal to us being elite (defined now as tier deuce). Some Luddite mentioned ATM as a comp - yes, based on their financial backing and maneuvering into the SEC, ATM is a great comp and proof we aren’t shit. They even have their own Sark. Finally, UW has no single benefactor, an even bigger signal of our eliteness, and very much unlike our grellow, gas pumping, power bottom state neighbor or Okie State for examples.

I had a two week email argument going with that fucker in 2007 over his shit-show defense and propensity to play corners 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. He actually invited me to attend a practice as his guest to SAY IT TO HIS FACE. When I attempted to cash in on the offer he redirected and told me I didn't know shit about coaching defense (which to his credit was true). Baer was a fucktard and should have performed seppuku on the 50 yard line.

Your dare is why we lost the Apple Cup.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,374 Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

this thred

Don't blame me. The thread started out like this:

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,944 Founders Club

Swaye said:

I like this list:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/ranking-the-greatest-college-football-programs-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall

I'd take the top 8 as serious Elite schools, but I could see the argument for including Miami and FSU, I just discounted them because their HUGE amount of success is relatively recent (going back to WWI). To me, 10-25 are second tier, and even though they only went to 15, 16-25 would include schools like UW, Oregon, Clemson, Tennessee, Wisconsin, etc.

Agree. We're definitely Tier 2, say, somewhere between 15 and 20 ish. 1984 really fucked us- i.e., having 1.5 natties since 1980 would really boost the resume. Hell, we'd be tied with USC over the same timeframe (sorry 1979 USC...ha, ha)
    UW fucked itself in 1984.
    Yeah they lost a game on the road to a team that finished top 10; that's a pretty minor blemish on the best overall resume that year. 1984 BYU is the least deserving National Champ of the modern era of CF.
    You are right about BYU.
    I hate them with every ounce of my being. It's the creepiest campus and college town in all of the US.
    BRB, relocating to Provo.
    They don't take Lutherans.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    AEB said:

Bond Market is the most powerful booster in all of college football.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

AZDuck said:

this thred

Don't blame me. The thread started out like this:

disagree

thread maybe started out like

but it ended up like

• IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    AEB said:

FREE PUB!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    edited September 2017
    dnc said:

Baseman said:

AEB said:

I don't think that picture means what you think it means
    I've never paid a dollar to doogman and even I know that's the CEO of Dish
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,093 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Baseman said:

AEB said:

I don't think that picture means what you think it means
    thank Allah. I was beginning to think I was even more fucktarded than I actually am and I was wrong about who that was all these years.