Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

"We've only been an elite program again for 1 year"

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,374 Founders Club
edited September 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board
@NEsnake12 said those words in another thread. (Obligatory: Apparently NESnake1-11 were already taken)

But that was the thing that was surreal for me watching Saturday's game. The Colorado game was the first UW game I had watched from start-to-finish all year. And the intensity that Colorado and their fans had to play us seemed weird to me. I read somewhere that the Buffs had focused their entire off-season on us and I was like okay, whatever. But to see them come out so fired up, it almost didn't register. And then UW completely destroyed them on their own field. It was a prison rape type of performance.

One of the TV announcers said "an elite program like Washington..." And I thought, "we've only been elite for one year. Does that make us an OFFICIAL elite program?"

It's going to take a while longer for me to get used to that.

Comments

• H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,374 Founders Club

Also obligatory:

Well played, sir
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

@NEsnake12 said those words in another thread. (Obligatory: Apparently NESnake1-11 were already taken)

But that was the thing that was surreal for me watching Saturday's game. The Colorado game was the first UW game I had watched from start-to-finish all year. And the intensity that Colorado and their fans had to play us seemed weird to me. I read somewhere that the Buffs had focused their entire off-season on us and I was like okay, whatever. But to see them come out so fired up, it almost didn't register. And then UW completely destroyed them on their own field. It was a prison rape type of performance.

One of the TV announcers said "an elite program like Washington..." And I thought, "we've only been elite for one year. Does that make us an OFFICIAL elite program?"

It's going to take a while longer for me to get used to that.

Having Peterman at the throne makes us a good program. It takes consistent winning to be considered an elite.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Also obligatory:

FUCK

Wonder how that game would have turned out if that fucktarded play never happened. CHRIST. That mustve been a dagger in the confidence of the entire team, going in to half time no less.

At the bare minimum, losing 17-7 looks a lot better than losing 24-7.

Our defense is good enough to win the title this year. Our offense needs to pound the fucking rock with Gaskin.

Playoffs this year or bust
    I'm more traumatized watching that gif than the Russell Wilson Super Bowl interception one.

I remember after the Peach Bowl thinking just like you and wondering "what if". Then my inner-Boobs said, "winners win" and I shut down any alternate reality fantasies for the sake of my mental health.

Hopefully with more appearances in the playoffs picks like that won't derail the teams' confidence as much.
    Doesn't count unless you turned to your wife to wonder that aloud.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter

Also obligatory:

FUCK

Wonder how that game would have turned out if that fucktarded play never happened. CHRIST. That mustve been a dagger in the confidence of the entire team, going in to half time no less.

At the bare minimum, losing 17-7 looks a lot better than losing 24-7.

Our defense is good enough to win the title this year. Our offense needs to pound the fucking rock with Gaskin.

Playoffs this year or bust
    I'm more traumatized watching that gif than the Russell Wilson Super Bowl interception one.

I remember after the Peach Bowl thinking just like you and wondering "what if". Then my inner-Boobs said, "winners win" and I shut down any alternate reality fantasies for the sake of my mental health.

Hopefully with more appearances in the playoffs picks like that won't derail the teams' confidence as much.
    I can confirm that I am inside of her
    Heh. There's a little Boobs inside of all of us.