Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

"We've only been an elite program again for 1 year"

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Well then, can we expect to see a Screems of Anguish competition from the Married dudes at the Pizza Shindig?
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    We’ve always been an elite program. You can’t build the stadium after a decade of irrelevance and Owen12 without being elite. Petersen is now translating that back onto the field. I have to believe Petersen came to UW knowing that if a shit program could build that stadium, everyone would get out of his way and allow him to build a team to match.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    I like this list:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/ranking-the-greatest-college-football-programs-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall

I'd take the top 8 as serious Elite schools, but I could see the argument for including Miami and FSU, I just discounted them because their HUGE amount of success is relatively recent (going back to WWI). To me, 10-25 are second tier, and even though they only went to 15, 16-25 would include schools like UW, Oregon, Clemson, Tennessee, Wisconsin, etc.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    AEB said:

We’ve always been an elite program. You can’t build the stadium after a decade of irrelevance and Owen12 without being elite. Petersen is now translating that back onto the field. I have to believe Petersen came to UW knowing that if a shit program could build that stadium, everyone would get out of his way and allow him to build a team to match.

Tax free bonds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> fan support
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    AEB said:

By those standards fucking POS Texas A&M is elite because they got a nice stadium
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

Win a NY6 bowel game and pop off

Meh, that's not really an indicator. At one time, when only a few teams were given bowl bids, that mattered, but today, most of those games are consolation prizes.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    AEB said:

Elite programs win natties.