Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ryan Bowman

Comments

• WoofWoof Member Posts: 769

It's clearly because Pete has a thing for try hard white guys.

Bowman is playing because he is our best chance to win. If you don't think Pete would put his optimal lineup out there because he is rooting for the capri sun and orange slice players you are a fucking dumbfuck. Petersen is a competitive mother fucker you can see it on his face.

Pete loves try hards and coaches kids because they don't make dumb mistakes, and they push the high ceiling kids to not just skate by on natural talent. It makes total sense to sprinkle a few of those kids in a program if they can will themselves to be a replacement level player. They are usually loved by their teammates. You want to always surround them with 9 or 10 other guys on the field who have high ceilings though. Teams get in trouble when your squad is full of B-8 football superstars or you can't/don't develop your higher ceiling guys to supplement the team.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

doogville said:

NEsnake12 said:

I said it in some thread a month back or so... but a guy I know who's a trainer for the team had been telling me all offseason that Ryan Bowman is the best pass rusher on the team.

He definitely proved that last night

if true, kawasaki needs to hanged by his nuts. No excuse to have a fucking walk on as your best pass rusher.
    This is dumb. Recruiting is imprecise and fluky. Elite players get overlooked. 5 stars turn out to be busts. It happens.

Credit the staff for loading up our walk-on program with dudes who develop into contributers (Bryant, Bowman, etc).
    LEAVE!!!! - players like bowman (bless his little white heart) not going to get you the national championship level. He a good player, but there is a limit to what he can do against an elite OT.
    Stop. Just stop.

No one is saying we just want all walk ons. People are simply pointing out that it is pleasing to see Bryant and Bowman have great games. Why the fuck do some of you always have to make it about some other recruit we didn't get and how through your parallel universe predicting skills that that player would automatically be way better?

Christ some of you just need to fucking enjoy it when a player plays well. Of course going forward we all hope that the talent gets better, but so far the player development of our players has been ridiculous.
    He is giving kawasaki a pass on recruiting. He had 3+ years to recruit a pass rusher. I understand sometimes you miss on players, but fuking 3+ years in a row? come on, at some point there has to be some level of accountability. (I love kawasaki as a DC and talent developer, but as a recruiter his results have been pretty mediocre, unless benning or amandre turn it on in the second half of the year. )

doogville said:

NEsnake12 said:

I said it in some thread a month back or so... but a guy I know who's a trainer for the team had been telling me all offseason that Ryan Bowman is the best pass rusher on the team.

if true, kawasaki needs to hanged by his nuts. No excuse to have a fucking walk on as your best pass rusher.
    This is dumb. Recruiting is imprecise and fluky. Elite players get overlooked. 5 stars turn out to be busts. It happens.

Credit the staff for loading up our walk-on program with dudes who develop into contributers (Bryant, Bowman, etc).
    LEAVE!!!! - players like bowman (bless his little white heart) not going to get you the national championship level. He a good player, but there is a limit to what he can do against an elite OT.
    Stop. Just stop.

No one is saying we just want all walk ons. People are simply pointing out that it is pleasing to see Bryant and Bowman have great games. Why the fuck do some of you always have to make it about some other recruit we didn't get and how through your parallel universe predicting skills that that player would automatically be way better?

Christ some of you just need to fucking enjoy it when a player plays well. Of course going forward we all hope that the talent gets better, but so far the player development of our players has been ridiculous.
    He is giving kawasaki a pass on recruiting. He had 3+ years to recruit a pass rusher. I understand sometimes you miss on players, but fuking 3+ years in a row? come on, at some point there has to be some level of accountability. (I love kawasaki as a DC and talent developer, but as a recruiter his results have been pretty mediocre, unless benning or amandre turn it on in the second half of the year. )
    Agree. Jimmy Lake has had 3+ years to find a nickel. He's had to resort to using a walk on. I love Lake as a DB coach, but his recruiting should be better. Hopefully Kent Love or Gilchrist can turn it on in the 2nd half.
    he was actually offered at one point vs. the other one
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971

Why do you hate Chorak?

I fucking love Chorak. He gave his all, including the circumference of his nuts during his junior year, to be a winner and dominate. For other people’s kids, he’s a great role model.

doogville said:

NEsnake12 said:

Stop. Just stop.

Agree. Jimmy Lake has had 3+ years to find a nickel. He's had to resort to using a walk on. I love Lake as a DB coach, but his recruiting should be better. Hopefully Kent Love or Gilchrist can turn it on in the 2nd half.
    he was actually offered at one point vs. the other one
    You seriously don't get it.

It doesn't matter whether Bowman is a walk on, 5*, 19* whatever. He had a good game yet you are upset because people are pointing that out and we didn't get some recruit or whatever a couple years ago.
    Listen, I am happy that bowman is doing well. I am just upset that some of the guys taking longer than expected to develop. Amadre was supposed to play last year, but he got injured. Now he is nowhere to be found. Benning is close, but his technique not there yet. Recruiting a higher caliber guy, means takes less time to develop him. Imagine UW's DL with BUCK or SAM that can create consistent pressure. no one will be able to move the ball against this defense. Next year UW will have an amazing edge play, but the DL depth might be an issue.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited September 2017

Passion said:

If some of you "I've-been-with-Bowman-since-the-beginning" guys would've bet the mortgage a month ago on who would emerge between him and Amandre Williams, every one of you would be sleeping under a bridge right now.

I just fucking hope that kid is real because last night was pretty damn good.

Passion said:

If some of you "I've-been-with-Bowman-since-the-beginning" guys would've bet the mortgage a month ago on who would emerge between him and Amandre Williams, every one of you would be sleeping under a bridge right now.

I just fucking hope that kid is real because last night was pretty damn good.

I would bet on the player that is higher on the depth chart.
    At this time two years ago Dwayne Washington was higher on the depth chart than Gaskin.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

doogville said:

NEsnake12 said:

Stop. Just stop.

Regardless of the merits of WeakArmJack's argument this is an awful analogy.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,484 Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't give a shit if our best pass rusher is a 115lb, 1 star tranny. Win.

Actually, 115lbs is just too light. I still wouldn't be okay with that DE
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

NEsnake12 said:

The cliched doog response of “JJ Watt was a walk on” actually holds true here. Who gives a shit who our best pass rusher is. If we can continue to generate pressure like we did last night then what the fuck does it matter?
    Because we didn't get THAT guy 2 years ago!!1! What a huge whiff!
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,700 Founders Club

NEsnake12 said:

The cliched doog response of “JJ Watt was a walk on” actually holds true here. Who gives a shit who our best pass rusher is. If we can continue to generate pressure like we did last night then what the fuck does it matter?
    #MyJJ from my alma mater.