Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ryan Bowman

13»

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

doogville said:

NEsnake12 said:

I said it in some thread a month back or so... but a guy I know who's a trainer for the team had been telling me all offseason that Ryan Bowman is the best pass rusher on the team.

He definitely proved that last night

if true, kawasaki needs to hanged by his nuts. No excuse to have a fucking walk on as your best pass rusher.
    This is dumb. Recruiting is imprecise and fluky. Elite players get overlooked. 5 stars turn out to be busts. It happens.

Credit the staff for loading up our walk-on program with dudes who develop into contributers (Bryant, Bowman, etc).
    LEAVE!!!! - players like bowman (bless his little white heart) not going to get you the national championship level. He a good player, but there is a limit to what he can do against an elite OT.
    Stop. Just stop.

No one is saying we just want all walk ons. People are simply pointing out that it is pleasing to see Bryant and Bowman have great games. Why the fuck do some of you always have to make it about some other recruit we didn't get and how through your parallel universe predicting skills that that player would automatically be way better?

Christ some of you just need to fucking enjoy it when a player plays well. Of course going forward we all hope that the talent gets better, but so far the player development of our players has been ridiculous.
    He is giving kawasaki a pass on recruiting. He had 3+ years to recruit a pass rusher. I understand sometimes you miss on players, but fuking 3+ years in a row? come on, at some point there has to be some level of accountability. (I love kawasaki as a DC and talent developer, but as a recruiter his results have been pretty mediocre, unless benning or amandre turn it on in the second half of the year. )
    Agree. Jimmy Lake has had 3+ years to find a nickel. He's had to resort to using a walk on. I love Lake as a DB coach, but his recruiting should be better. Hopefully Kent Love or Gilchrist can turn it on in the 2nd half.
    he was actually offered at one point vs. the other one
    You seriously don't get it.

It doesn't matter whether Bowman is a walk on, 5*, 19* whatever. He had a good game yet you are upset because people are pointing that out and we didn't get some recruit or whatever a couple years ago.
    Listen, I am happy that bowman is doing well. I am just upset that some of the guys taking longer than expected to develop. Amadre was supposed to play last year, but he got injured. Now he is nowhere to be found. Benning is close, but his technique not there yet. Recruiting a higher caliber guy, means takes less time to develop him. Imagine UW's DL with BUCK or SAM that can create consistent pressure. no one will be able to move the ball against this defense. Next year UW will have an amazing edge play, but the DL depth might be an issue.
    Jesus. Here's a tip. Listen to the TSIO podcast and enjoy yourself, have a laugh at the rants. Don't take everything those guys say as absolute gospel truth.
    I tend to have similar views on recruiting that they do. So just a confirmation bias.
    Swaye said:

doogville said:

NEsnake12 said:

I said it in some thread a month back or so... but a guy I know who's a trainer for the team had been telling me all offseason that Ryan Bowman is the best pass rusher on the team.

if true, kawasaki needs to hanged by his nuts. No excuse to have a fucking walk on as your best pass rusher.
    This is dumb. Recruiting is imprecise and fluky. Elite players get overlooked. 5 stars turn out to be busts. It happens.

Credit the staff for loading up our walk-on program with dudes who develop into contributers (Bryant, Bowman, etc).
    LEAVE!!!! - players like bowman (bless his little white heart) not going to get you the national championship level. He a good player, but there is a limit to what he can do against an elite OT.
    Stop. Just stop.

No one is saying we just want all walk ons. People are simply pointing out that it is pleasing to see Bryant and Bowman have great games. Why the fuck do some of you always have to make it about some other recruit we didn't get and how through your parallel universe predicting skills that that player would automatically be way better?

Christ some of you just need to fucking enjoy it when a player plays well. Of course going forward we all hope that the talent gets better, but so far the player development of our players has been ridiculous.
    He is giving kawasaki a pass on recruiting. He had 3+ years to recruit a pass rusher. I understand sometimes you miss on players, but fuking 3+ years in a row? come on, at some point there has to be some level of accountability. (I love kawasaki as a DC and talent developer, but as a recruiter his results have been pretty mediocre, unless benning or amandre turn it on in the second half of the year. )
    Agree. Jimmy Lake has had 3+ years to find a nickel. He's had to resort to using a walk on. I love Lake as a DB coach, but his recruiting should be better. Hopefully Kent Love or Gilchrist can turn it on in the 2nd half.
    he was actually offered at one point vs. the other one
    You seriously don't get it.

It doesn't matter whether Bowman is a walk on, 5*, 19* whatever. He had a good game yet you are upset because people are pointing that out and we didn't get some recruit or whatever a couple years ago.
    Listen, I am happy that bowman is doing well. I am just upset that some of the guys taking longer than expected to develop. Amadre was supposed to play last year, but he got injured. Now he is nowhere to be found. Benning is close, but his technique not there yet. Recruiting a higher caliber guy, means takes less time to develop him. Imagine UW's DL with BUCK or SAM that can create consistent pressure. no one will be able to move the ball against this defense. Next year UW will have an amazing edge play, but the DL depth might be an issue.
    Jesus. Here's a tip. Listen to the TSIO podcast and enjoy yourself, have a laugh at the rants. Don't take everything those guys say as absolute gospel truth.
    I tend to have similar views on recruiting that they do. So just a confirmation bias.
    I tend to have similar views on hating white people that Dennis does. So just confirmation bias.
    I am ok with white people they never enslaved / mass murdered my ppl. I not a big fan when comes to football
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    remember that bowman is doing this as a freshman.
    he's good
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    I'm just waiting for Jason Scrempos to be good. Could be waiting for awhile.
    BallzDeep said:

Passion said:

You forgot Bryce Sterk.
    Who?
    Another bowman
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

You forgot Bryce Sterk.
    I actually predicted big things for Sterk. He looked like a big, fast dude with underrated technical skills. Stuck my neck out and he seems to be letting me down.

@Stalin...in this scenario am I allowed to call for...

Never mind.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

Passion said:

You forgot Bryce Sterk.
    I actually predicted big things for Sterk. He looked like a big, fast dude with underrated technical skills. Stuck my neck out and he seems to be letting me down.

Never mind.
    He's from Lynden. Fire away.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,484 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Passion said:

You forgot Bryce Sterk.

Never mind.

He is a redshirt sophomore right? He probably gets rotation play next year and the year after. Or not. Not really interesting
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter

So surprising that with all the great recruiting Kumkwat is doing we have to resort to a shit bag like Bowman.

I really thought Bryce Sterk, Just Ice Warren and Kyler Manu were going to dominate.

No, wait, that's what I thought about Jaelan Phillips and DJ Johnson. Never mind.

Maybe we over-emphasize the HS tapes and stars a little bit. No?

doogville said:

NEsnake12 said:

Stop. Just stop.

Optimism will get you killed in here. You should know that by now.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter
    I've-been-with-Bowman-since-the-beginning.