Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TSiO Episode #35: Preseason Review, Raising the Bar Update, Colorado Preview

124»

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Part of being elite is doing things differently than everybody else and finding competitive advantages ...

We all know that part of destroying a passing attack is in making the QB uncomfortable ...

We all have largely been brought up with the idea that the best way to do that is through pressuring the QB ...

We have also seen instances throughout the history of football where there have been unique ways employed to disrupt ... the Bills/Giants Super Bowl (SB25) is a famous example where the Giants continuously rushed 2 flooding passing lanes ...

In today's modern football defenses are faced with QBs that are multi talented that can beat you with their arms and feet ... take the Rich Rod special play where they run option action with the QB/RB and still have a WR available as a receiving option ... or take the QB that breaks containment and creates big plays with either his feet/arm ...

It's not that I think that we are against blitzing or pushing up the field ... but I think we are definitely strategic about it ... if we blitz up the middle the edges are containing the escape route ...

It's interesting to me to think about the concept ... on one hand it goes against everything we've ever thought ... on the other the implications are super interesting

That's all well and good, but we don't need Ryan Bowman doing that.

Tequilla said:

Part of being elite is doing things differently than everybody else and finding competitive advantages ...

We all know that part of destroying a passing attack is in making the QB uncomfortable ...

We all have largely been brought up with the idea that the best way to do that is through pressuring the QB ...

We have also seen instances throughout the history of football where there have been unique ways employed to disrupt ... the Bills/Giants Super Bowl (SB25) is a famous example where the Giants continuously rushed 2 flooding passing lanes ...

In today's modern football defenses are faced with QBs that are multi talented that can beat you with their arms and feet ... take the Rich Rod special play where they run option action with the QB/RB and still have a WR available as a receiving option ... or take the QB that breaks containment and creates big plays with either his feet/arm ...

It's not that I think that we are against blitzing or pushing up the field ... but I think we are definitely strategic about it ... if we blitz up the middle the edges are containing the escape route ...

It's interesting to me to think about the concept ... on one hand it goes against everything we've ever thought ... on the other the implications are super interesting

This isn't about Bowman ... fixating on Bowman is getting lost in the details and not seeing the bigger picture
    I'm hearing some of us? out here need to dig deeper out here.
    Digging deeper requires focused effort ... without it is purely speculative
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,096 Standard Supporter
    dhdawg said:

go to 36:15
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BOACy7J4yo

there is definitely something to what teq says about our pass rush philosophy. Gaines has a free rush to the QB and just stops. Similarly watch how wide an angle Jaylen takes.

Given this philosophy you can see why we? did so well against hurts.

They have assignments. When you get in too easily it's often because the O is running a screen play. Our DT's will often drop back looking to disrupt the screen. Of course we sit here and pontificate without ever knowing what defensive play was called.
  • Tequilla said:

Bump
    While I like you three amigos a lot, it is fucking retarded to shit on someone simply because he is a walk on -- especially as husky fans with our WHITE two star legend Emptman ... Ok so he was on scholarship, but still ...

If 81% of our players are walk ons, I would be worried too. But 19% or less and they are playing because they are better than their more highly touted teammates, I could worry less.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

I want to thank @CokeGreaterThanPepsi for my end of pod shout out.

Final episode shoutouts, best shoutouts
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club
    I'd listen but, you know, it said Colorado preview...unless I got a shout out or something
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,225 Swaye's Wigwam
    Since we're doing shoutouts when do the shit poasters like myself get shout outs? I'm thinking the Oregon St podcast would be the perfect time.