Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TSiO Episode #35: Preseason Review, Raising the Bar Update, Colorado Preview

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    TL;DL = @Dennis_DeYoung: "It makes no goddamm sense!" x100
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,167
    I could be wrong but I suspect that Bowman may be a motivational tactic on some level... "if all you hyper talented guys busted your asses like this scrub you'd be playing instead of watching from the side" I am imagine Petersen could actively try to not send the message that if you're talented enough that's good enough.

Also, I hate myself for this, but @Tequilla wins with his "haiku".

It was clearly the best and he got close. Worth a gold star.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Bingo on Bowman
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Why the hate on Aaron fuller? He is not bad. Better than opera singer and fucking Indian guy. He will be good players for us
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I want to see how many snaps bowman will get now that conference play is starting before I really pass judgement.

I'm also really hoping we see wattenburg at LG some
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    At least bowman not eating up a scholarship
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    The spinzone for why Bowman is playing is laugh out loud funny but deep down very depressing and sad.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    DeepSeaZ said:

Podacast is tanned, rested, and ready for my flight to Denver tomorrow.

I hate you
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    I love shitty white players that lose their nuts for our progrum.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter
    89ute said:

@CokeGreaterThanPepsi thank you for the new site. I enjoy having that info at my fingertips. I really appreciate it and appreciate the work behind it. If those two other slackers helped in any way, thanks to them too.

@Dennis_DeYoung I'm happy you've seen the light on Gary Andersen. Be leery of any DC coming out of Utah under Whitt. Their success as a DC may or may not be of their own merits. (See Kalani Sitake at BYU) Gary had success at Utah St. but not at the level other non-bcs, G5 coaches have had prior to being called up to the bigs.

You guys blew right over Utah during your review. The Utah contingent is nearly 10% of your audience. Hurtful.

Even at that, I enjoyed it.

I was not aware that DDY was not buying into the Cal dumpster fire talk. Good call Dennis. I'm more impressed. I say more because you know a lot of shit and I respect you for that. Teq and Coker do too, but you've got some extra years of wisdom.

DDY's expertise is fortuitous. He had plenty of time to watch & drool over young men on tape while comatose in his body cast. I'll respect his humor and insight, but his man-lust comes effortlessly, being born that way.

#GayPrivilege.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    So, lemme get this straight.

Peterman runs a system where the edge guys are basically responsible for holding the edge, maintaining Qb and field control and not allowing big plays?

Thus, the flow of football goes through the meat of the defense where guys who fit the "more position responsible but, at the moment, perhaps less talented ie: BBK" are able to tackle and snuff?

Problem is: we are having a hard time recruiting top-end talent for this Buck position (or is it Defensive Ends? hahahahahaha ... errrr ...) because we don't have the right coach to sell it to kids who may see the position as less glamorous? Can't sell snow to Eskimos?

So, currently we're settling for rare humans with high ceilings instead of the DJ Johnson types?

Damn, we need a Matt Lubick-type to take over Malloe's job stat.

oh, and enjoyed the podcast guys.

When is TSiO going to offer t shirts? Mugs? Onesies? ... Commercialize that shit! Make some money! 12 listeners buying a t shirt or two ...
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    To be clear, you'd always rather have that rare human that is athletically superior yet responsible in controlling his responsibilities.

At the same time, there has to be something to the fact that we typically do not allow QBs to break containment of the pocket and create big plays ...

If you go back to the Oregon game in 2015, VAJ's ability to do that largely won the game for Oregon ... I can't really remember a QB effectively doing that to us since (with the possibility of Dawkins last year)
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club

Listened twice. No longer have any desire to watch UW football.

You should have a long time Husky fan listen to it to make sure it even has anything to do with Husky Football
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

Any updates on when TSIO mobile app will be launching? The webpage data gave me a woody but looks like shit on my iPhone.

My abilities are limited, we have a ton more data we will be sharing too.