Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TSiO Episode #35: Preseason Review, Raising the Bar Update, Colorado Preview

The season is upon us, and we are back from our extended break where Dennis traveled Thailand in search of a partner, I bathed in the TBS waters of Africa, and Tequilla took leave to play basketball with random people in Iran.

Where does UW stand three games in? Update on Pete's "Raising the Bar" talk from December-January, Colorado preview, and making fun of PAC12 teams.

We love you all, minus @SpoonieLuv, fuck that guy.

traffic.libsyn.com/tsiopodcast/TSIO_-_Boulder_is_Heaven_for_White_People.m4a

Comments

• CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Gladstone said:

bowman/walk-on rant appropriately depressing. love starting the pod with a kick to the groin

too hard on powpow as a coach, unit has always been solid

kim o_O

sirmon would go from louisville DC to DL coach under us?

@CokeGreaterThanPepsi the GO HUSKIES chant in stanford stadium will be glorious

teq pls do not interrupt dennis when he goes on his crazy rants

love the all about the benjamin background music

anti-babushka rant always gold

teq excellent points on r/p ratio OOC vs IC

FUCK OUR OFFENSE

babushka (petersen too, but way too many positives with him to group) = self-inflicted ceiling for the team

Sirmon would probably be asst HC or "CO-DC" In this scenario.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    do i got my dooff goggles on? or lenius is blocking better? i rewatched the games caz i am shameless doog- but i noticed he is trying at least and mostly making them vs. his freshman/sophomore year where he could not block a corner smaller than him.
    I am so excited for this game on Saturday, I hate everyone of you going to the game. Fuck you whores!!!
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

do i got my dooff goggles on? or lenius is blocking better? i rewatched the games caz i am shameless doog- but i noticed he is trying at least and mostly making them vs. his freshman/sophomore year where he could not block a corner smaller than him.

no you're right his blocking was pretty dang good against fsu
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    I had Ballers on DVR ready to go tonight but I think I'll pass and listen to this instead. Fuck my night just got exciting again!
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2017

Website is live!

KOMO 4:

theseasonisover.com

You shouldn't have. No, I mean really. You really, really shouldn't have.
    Although it's kind of you to hire retarded kids to do your website. #GivingBack #RetardsWork4Free
    Best.
    Woof said:

Good chit. Particularly interesting stuff on the 10th coach. Assuming the wet dream doesn't happen (Choate's team is actually looking ok), I'm really curious who we hire. Just wasted an hour looking at profiles of DL coaches across the west coast.

I love the idea of adding Sirmon, however the co-DC title is only available if Lake walks, which I'm hoping doesn't happen for 1 more year. He's also never coached anything but LBs before. I remember an interview where Pete said the 10th coach would be primarily for special teams, so it would probably work to swap him for Gregory and then make Gregory the ST coordinator.

Top priorities for the 10th coach are to keep the guys on our staff not named Babushka/Malloe and significantly upgrade our ability to recruit our front 7 on D.

Yeah all that I talked about only happens if those hypotheticals happen, I'd rather have lake on staff too, but I think he'll take a DC job this offseason is all.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    In season pods @Gladstone got to keep them moving
  • HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170

I noticed that he missed the block that almost got Ahmed killed. Although I blame Smiff in the first place for calling that play.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Website is live!

KOMO 4:

theseasonisover.com

The fact that @SpiritHorse was included means my life is complete. CLS can kill me at some disgusting romcom by drowning me in fondue now.

Best FREE PUB ever.
    Entire Ryan Bowman segment is lulz
    Waterboreding Bowman. I laffed and laffed.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    AEB said:

I'm tired of gym rats, real lunch pail kids at Buck. I want someone who I definitely don't want around my daughter let alone marry her.

But what about your son?