Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hillary Clinton: "We Should Abolish the Electoral College..."

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    AZDuck said:

salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

it would be nice if people rather than acreage decided who runs the country

(yes, I had to edit that. it takes time to be pithy)

I'm sure you didn't do it on purpose - but those people who live in 'the country' don't much like city folks telling them how to manage their lands from behind desks.

well, it isn't like you give a shit what the Federales say on your guns n' religion compound anyway, but both Houses of Congress as constituted favor rural over urban dwellers in terms of voting power, as well as the other unwritten archaic practice that the two rural states of Iowa and New Hampshire have an outsized voice in who gets to be Prez in the first place... so...
    Again, you wouldn't be swapping tears and cum with dhdawg if your candidate would have won.
    check the facts. I was arguing this shit with @MikDabone before Hills even got nominated
    sure.gif
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,023 Founders Club

AZDuck said:

I'm sure you didn't do it on purpose - but those people who live in 'the country' don't much like city folks telling them how to manage their lands from behind desks.

Them cunty folk's hypocrisy about big guvmint makes me laff from time to time. Us here city slickers are the ones that subsidize their roads, schools, etc. If you're a farmer that irrigates at all in WA, CA, ID, etc, all that infrastructure came from big government boondoggles and they only pay pennies on the dollar for the actual cost of the water.

AZDuck said:

Them cunty folk's hypocrisy about big guvmint makes me laff from time to time. Us here city slickers are the ones that subsidize their roads, schools, etc. If you're a farmer that irrigates at all in WA, CA, ID, etc, all that infrastructure came from big government boondoggles and they only pay pennies on the dollar for the actual cost of the water.
    They aren't subsidizing the farmer, they subsidize the food you eat. Now go back to your topicalchica handle and poast a shitty pole. It's your wheel house.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,666 Standard Supporter
    <

AZDuck said:

You like to eat, right?

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,655 Founders Club
    Scott Woodward once tried to schedule Electoral College
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

AZDuck said:

Truth. Those who benefitted the most from the magnanimous act of reclaiming, irrigating and powering the west, at considerable cost to the taxpayer, now posture as "self reliant" superiority guy. They don't seem to grasp their bread is buttered by the taxpayer. Do they like to eat?

<

AZDuck said:

You like to eat, right?

Do you like big tits?
    salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

They aren't subsidizing the farmer, they subsidize the food you eat. Now go back to your topicalchica handle and poast a shitty pole. It's your wheel house.
    This is essential reading by the way, if you want to dig a little deeper into the subject.

edited September 2017

salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

There you go again KaiserKewg - your ability to miss the point never ceases to amaze. No shit, BOR and Army Corps projects help subsidize the cost of food production; I never said anything implying that wasn't the case. But those farmers are also earning a pretty nice living as a result of tax payer subsidized cheap water. And I don't have a problem with them doing so, per say. My observation here is that if you live in fucking rural American you need to understand a little of the history of how you get to exist out there in the first place and quite hating on the federales so much. Who built the dams? Not private enterprise. Who brought the electrical grid and roads the rural parts of the US? It was big fucking guvmint, paid for with city slicker tax dollars.

Except the people that built those dams, power grids and the like weren't limp wristers who lived in cities. Like I said, stick to cyber handying @BearsWiin and posting of shit polls.

salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

There you go again KaiserKewg - your ability to miss the point never ceases to amaze. No shit, BOR and Army Corps projects help subsidize the cost of food production; I never said anything implying that wasn't the case. But those farmers are also earning a pretty nice living as a result of tax payer subsidized cheap water. And I don't have a problem with them doing so, per say. My observation here is that if you live in fucking rural American you need to understand a little of the history of how you get to exist out there in the first place and quite hating on the federales so much. Who built the dams? Not private enterprise. Who brought the electrical grid and roads the rural parts of the US? It was big fucking guvmint, paid for with city slicker tax dollars.

Your grandfather chaired the Riverside County GOP back in the day, correct (love the bar at the Mission Inn btw)? So you saw San Joaquin valley and Colorado river water flowing voluminously and transforming the Coachella into an Ag powerhouse. Same thing in the San Joaquin valley (CVP)and eastern WA (BPA) Water, power, fertile land -- all delivered by taxpayers. Sounds like crony capitalism at its finest.

salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

This is essential reading by the way, if you want to dig a little deeper into the subject.

I agree. We should save our water by diverting it away from Southern California. I prefer my oranges from Florida anyway. Problem solved.

AZDuck said:

Truth. Those who benefitted the most from the magnanimous act of reclaiming, irrigating and powering the west, at considerable cost to the taxpayer, now posture as "self reliant" superiority guy. They don't seem to grasp their bread is buttered by the taxpayer. Do they like to eat?
    I tell ya what. You survive on your own California water and I'll survive on my NW produce.

Guess who will last longer.
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

I agree. We should save our water by diverting it away from Southern California. I prefer my oranges from Florida anyway. Problem solved.
    I prefer a Florida grapefruit which is hard to find these days but oranges are all the same to me
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

Except the people that built those dams, power grids and the like weren't limp wristers who lived in cities. Like I said, stick to cyber handying @BearsWiin and posting of shit polls.

salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

Your grandfather chaired the Riverside County GOP back in the day, correct (love the bar at the Mission Inn btw)? So you saw San Joaquin valley and Colorado river water flowing voluminously and transforming the Coachella into an Ag powerhouse. Same thing in the San Joaquin valley (CVP)and eastern WA (BPA) Water, power, fertile land -- all delivered by taxpayers. Sounds like crony capitalism at its finest.
    Sounds like a responsible use to tax dollars to open up land for people and agriculture. Government at its finest.

Not bullet trains to Fresno
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

It shouldn't amaze you. salemcooger is a fucking retard.

And a huge pussy.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860
    I turned the shower on and let it run for like 15 mins then didn't actually go in because it was cold by then.

salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

Sounds like a responsible use to tax dollars to open up land for people and agriculture. Government at its finest.

Not bullet trains to Fresno
    Agree. Reclaiming the west was a great victory for American intelligence and resourcefulness. The bullet train is a fool's errand.